Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Week one crazy **** happens to everyone. The first quarter of the season is just a wild ride, that you just need to come out of ahead with the wins. 

Are the Bears good or do the 9ers suddenly suck? 

Good point about the Bears...though Im far from sold on Lance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Good point about the Bears...though Im far from sold on Lance.

It's kind of the same as our situation. Are the Jags bad? Probably, but improved for sure. Rocky close game, but we came out with the win.

Now that I'm watching this eagles game, it's a pretty fun game and the lions look a lot better than last year

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Week one crazy **** happens to everyone. The first quarter of the season is just a wild ride, that you just need to come out of ahead with the wins. 

Are the Bears good or do the 9ers suddenly suck? 

49ers o-line is a major problem.  Reading their forums, they all think everyone stinks besides Trent.  Mcglintchey has been a huge bust apparently as a top 10 RT.  They were playing Tom Compton last year when Mcglintchey got hurt.  Kyle's offense isn't predicated on a strong RT, but getting the 49ers in a drop back game weakens them.  They can't pass protect long enough to sustain those passes.  

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

49ers o-line is a major problem.  Reading their forums, they all think everyone stinks besides Trent.  Mcglintchey has been a huge bust apparently as a top 10 RT.  They were playing Tom Compton last year when Mcglintchey got hurt.  Kyle's offense isn't predicated on a strong RT, but getting the 49ers in a drop back game weakens them.  They can't pass protect long enough to sustain those passes.  

Yeah, their Oline absolutely sucks besides Trent.

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Eagles put up 38 against Detroit but also allowed 35. Detroit offense good or is the Eagles D not as good as advertised?

Early days and cant take too much from game 1, but interested in your thoughts?

I had the Eagles on with a 2nd tv next to the Commies/Jags. Hurts had to run all day and he has tremendous escapability...this will be our challenge, who's gonna hawk him down? We will need to make him a passer or he'll kill us. Defensively the Eagles were gassed in the 2nd half but they have some very good players. Wentz will need to be smart because the Birds corners are tough and look for picks all game. Ball control, sustained drives will be needed to beat the Eagles along with getting to Hurts. That's how I see it anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

No doubt, but I think it would mean that much more if we did it against the best available rather than having two play off appearances in recent years because the best QB’s we would face are injured

Making playoffs means more than the status of the team you beat to get there.

I don’t thinkPhilly was worried they faced a covid depleted WFT ; on their way to the playoffs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I had the Eagles on with a 2nd tv next to the Commies/Jags. Hurts had to run all day and he has tremendous escapability...this will be our challenge, who's gonna hawk him down? We will need to make him a passer or he'll kill us. Defensively the Eagles were gassed in the 2nd half but they have some very good players. Wentz will need to be smart because the Birds corners are tough and look for picks all game. Ball control, sustained drives will be needed to beat the Eagles along with getting to Hurts. That's how I see it anyway. 

AJ Brown is a ****ing monster. Yeah, they play kill ball. Going for the TO or big play on every defensive play. Hurts is definitely an issue to contain.

Hard to judge Chi-SF when they needed snorkels most of the day, but whatever

I hope the Jags get their **** together to sweep Indy (just outta spite) but takin' the opener win 👍

Kinda feels like Forrest filled out an application to play spy on Hurts

AND Dallas the only team in the div that didn't score a TD? Awfully good for a Monday

• Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got to watch that game on replay especially since that's the next two matchups.  I am toying with going to the Eagles game.

Kind of a side note, but I know you were a big St Brown guy. Wish we had drafted him over Not ST Brown in that draft.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Kind of a side note, but I know you were a big St Brown guy. Wish we had drafted him over Not ST Brown in that draft.

I can’t bash the Dyami pick. He hasn’t worked out, but at the time, he was seen as a 2nd round talent who had fallen to the 3rd. This wasn’t a Wes Martin situation, where we way overdrafted a guy

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

St. Brown has been good.   Some of those USC receivers can play.  I like Drake London, too if you recall there was a person or two on the draft thread trashing Drake because he's a USC guy.  I didn't get it.  USC Qbs and USC Wrs are totally two different things.  Yeah their Qbs have been mostly disappointing.  Not true for their Wrs. 

8 minutes ago, method man said:

I can’t bash the Dyami pick. He hasn’t worked out, but at the time, he was seen as a 2nd round talent who had fallen to the 3rd. This wasn’t a Wes Martin situation, where we way overdrafted a guy

Dyami wasn't one of my favs in the draft but I liked him.  The two things I wondered about him were.

A.  for a dude who majors in the deep ball -- 4.46 speed isn't really anything special.  If you are a deep ball guy and you don't have blazing speed but good speed then you are typically a big dude and thrive off of physicality as part of it.

B.  I like Rivera but I didn't get about his emphasis on Dyami's PFF grade for contested catched.  it was in the 40s.  That's not actually good.  It's pedestrian.

But I think the hardest thing to judge any prospect is tough to know if they love football -- work ethic until it plays out.  I was a Terry guy before that draft in part because people said his intangibles were special.  As for Dyami, he lost me when he was the only WR not to go to practice with Wentz in California.   It's not over for Dyami but at this point in time it doesn't look good.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain James said:

Jamin with his speed?

I think it may need to be whoever the Buffalo nickel is....along with Jamin. We could really use Chase for the Eagles, his speed would be huge. It's gonna take everyone doing their part for sure. Lets throw Apke in as the Buffalo nickel and have him spy Hurts....ha, ha.