Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

1-0.

Up and down game up. We need to play better ; if we are going have a chance against the better teams.

I expect a shootout next week.

Didn't you expect us to lose badly and come out flat?

Has literally any prediction you have made come true?  

I mean, if you keep predicting bad things, one will eventually happen. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, TK said:

Game balls:

Forrest

Samuel

Dotson

Allen

Payne

Wentz

I'd probably add Terry.  It looked like he was drawing a lot of coverage a lot of the day, and still broke free for the bomb.  Not a lot of catches, but a few big ones.

I'd also give a hat tip to Logan Thomas for playing and having a very good day coming off of the ACL  

And maybe a hat tip to Gibson for getting involved in the pass game, making a few big plays, and churning out a few tough yards, no fumbles.

• Like 2

Wentz needs to limit his freaking interceptions but i think now he knows, he's got some legit pass catchers that can bail him out, even when he's on a bad funk.  i think this offense can get some good things going, it all depends on how Turner makes a game plan for the team.  he needs to stop being conservative when the team has the lead.  i loved how Gibson overcame his adversity today.  he was a maniac running that ball.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Didn't you expect us to lose badly and come out flat?

Has literally any prediction you have made come true?  

I mean, if you keep predicting bad things, one will eventually happen. 

I did . We did play flat for a bit.

A better team probably beats us today.

We take the win but we need to correct the mistakes from this.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope. Kirk. 3 times in 2015. 

1 minute ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I think he was last to throw 4 TDs on opening day

Cooleyfan you said who was the QB that threw 4 TD in a game? I know on the broadcast they said Kilmer had 4 on the opener but that is still in a game so really covers both statements. 

The passing game should be good. One of the best in the league. We just need to keep being aggressive and push push push downfield. And Gibson looked good running the ball, much better than last year. OL worries me though, they were starting to get beat pretty bad by the Jags at times. But if they hold up, we should be a top 10 offense.

Secondary is an issue. Fuller looks slower. WJ3 just always looks lost and confused. Juice has some talent but in very limited/niche roles. Safeties look decent though, Forest looks like a player and it'll only be better when Curl returns. DL looked real good and that was without Mathis and obviously Young. LBs will suck and that's gonna be an issue.

• Like 6