Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post: Nightclub bans staring without verbal consent.

Die Hard

I’m happy to see the end of staring.  People imagining they can just look at whoever they want is gross and dehumanizing.  The problem is this cringeworthy approach to consent.  They’re apparently ok with people just walking up to a total strangers and asking them things?  That doesn’t feel safe and ignores boundaries!  This club needs to add some body language experts to makes certain that people only start a conversation with those clearly signaling they are open to being approached.  Anything less is violence.  

This sounds like the early 90s scare stories about sexual harassment in the workplace-- "What's next? You'll get fired to awkwardly asking someone out?!?"

100% BS

Nobody in their right mind wants to turn a momentary awkward situation into a major scene.  If you walk up to a girl and start talking to her and she's not interested, she'll make that clear and you can move on.  The 1% of people that don't take a hint will get kicked out and will be the first to tell their friends all about how they got kicked out of a club for "nothing."

• Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m happy to see the end of staring.  People imagining they can just look at whoever they want is gross and dehumanizing.  The problem is this cringeworthy approach to consent.  They’re apparently ok with people just walking up to a total strangers and asking them things?  That doesn’t feel safe and ignores boundaries!  This club needs to add some body language experts to makes certain that people only start a conversation with those clearly signaling they are open to being approached.  Anything less is violence.  

At first i thought you were serious. Well done 

• Haha 1

I threw a lot of people out of the bars when I was a bouncer/bartender and for many reasons. I'm not sure if I would laugh my ass off,have a shot or 3,or both if someone asked/told me to toss someone out for staring. Yikes

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Die Hard said:

I’d love to hear people’s thoughts on this. 

https://nypost.com/2022/08/25/nightclub-bans-staring-without-verbal-consent-in-new-woke-policy/

As someone who experienced being stared at in a harassing and creepy manner in a restaurant once, I get what they're trying to do.