Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Redski....err... Commanders at Baltimore Colt... err...Brown...errr...Ravens

TK
Message added by TK,

327930866_ScreenShot2022-08-27at9_58_46PM.thumb.png.685ef0326dfb767c65348de46e3359d5.png

2 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

Yeah I realize that. I’ve been watching football all my life. You know what else I realize? Baltimore’s a well coached team. You didn’t see their third and 4th string guys make boneheaded penalty after boneheaded penalty. Wanna know why?  Bc they expect discipline and effort from who ever is on the roster for as long as they are on the roster. 

This team will come out and perform just like it did in the preseason in week 1. Move the ball a bit and stall in the red zone bc Scott Turner has zero creativity or feel for playcalling and then fall behind because the defense can’t get off the field. 

Im just so sick of it. 

Sad Its Over GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Scott Turner with the low percentage play call as usual in a big time situation. Guy has zero feel for the game. Cannot wait until he and JDL are gone. 

2 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Yep also didnt see the CB byte on some double move and get beat by 40yds, or one guy kill them time and time again, or a 3rd round WR drop as many as he caught.

I love Rivera as a man but really am sick of him as a coach. The fact that we are heading into this season with Turner and JDL, who absolutely should have been gone last year and no starting caliber LBs is just too much. This needs to be his last year here. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

BMitch just made a good point, Heiny is going to be great for Howell. Will help the kid out, knows the offense, has ice in his veins.

What exactly is Heinicke going to teach Howell that he couldn't learn from Wentz or the coaching staff? How to do a Lambeau leap?

• Haha 1

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So did Howell look good? I missed the game but reading the last few pages you would think he was awful. 😆

Looked good for the most part.

He was 24 of 35 for 280 yards and one TD and no INTs.

I believe he also had 62 rushing yards.

Still did some rookie things though that he will learn from.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

BMitch just made a good point, Heiny is going to be great for Howell. Will help the kid out, knows the offense, has ice in his veins.

Has ice in his veins? He pooped his pants in big situations just as much as any other backup QB last year. He’s got moxie, he doesn’t have ice in his veins lol. People really hanging onto that YOLO playoff game performance. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Has ice in his veins? He pooped his pants in big situations just as much as any other backup QB last year. He’s got moxie, he doesn’t have ice in his veins lol. People really hanging onto that YOLO playoff game performance. 

Couldn't agree with you more.  We are so desperate, we forgot what real efficient and solid football looks like...darn, i thought we would compete for the NFC east, were not going to be close, again......sigh

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What exactly is Heinicke going to teach Howell that he couldn't learn from Wentz or the coaching staff? How to do a Lambeau leap?

Isn't that exactly what he can teach him? Don't do stupid things that I have done. How is that not teaching? Wentz and TH have similar QB style but yes I know Wentz has the stronger arm and so does Howell. 

I know with your hate for TH doesn't allow you to see beyond the insults. :rolleyes:

A frustrating game because,  statistically anyway, Washington was the better team.

The moved the ball well most of the game. They had almost 140 yards rushing to the Ravens 20.

It just didn't translate to points, which is all that matters.

Howell looked good. Might have a future in this league.

Patterson looked good as well.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

A frustrating game because,  statistically anyway, Washington was the better team.

The moved the ball well most of the game. They had almost 140 yards rushing to the Ravens 20.

It just didn't translate to points, which is all that matters.

Howell looked good. Might have a future in this league.

Patterson looked good as well.

I’m shocked that Scott Turner’s elementary offense didn’t translate into points and had to settle for FGs in the red zone…

• Thumb up 1