Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Redski....err... Commanders at Baltimore Colt... err...Brown...errr...Ravens

TK
Message added by TK,

327930866_ScreenShot2022-08-27at9_58_46PM.thumb.png.685ef0326dfb767c65348de46e3359d5.png

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Isn't that exactly what he can teach him? Don't do stupid things that I have done. How is that not teaching? Wentz and TH have similar QB style but yes I know Wentz has the stronger arm and so does Howell. 

I know with your hate for TH doesn't allow you to see beyond the insults. :rolleyes:

It's not an insult, I just don't see what TH is going to bring to the table as any sort of "mentor" or whatever. Sure, he has more experience in the offense but Howell seems to be picking it up fine so far.

• Like 2

I do not like Ravens post-game being in local stations in DC area, like ABC7, but Commanders isn't...

Seems Ravens have not backed away from attacking our TV market, similar to Panthers in Hampton Roads.

Be vigilant...winning is probably only thing that can push back in that, but clear sign if we lost our franchise Baltimore would get in the way of getting a new one.

Edited by Renegade7

27 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Isn't that exactly what he can teach him? Don't do stupid things that I have done. How is that not teaching? Wentz and TH have similar QB style but yes I know Wentz has the stronger arm and so does Howell. 

I know with your hate for TH doesn't allow you to see beyond the insults. :rolleyes:

Jesus H Christ z. Heini didn't even play and you still turn it into a conversation about him. Give it the **** up. Heini will be QB2 this year and then be gone from the NFL. Just be happy about the future of this team instead of a flukey QB with a childs arm that had one great playoff game that he lost and give it the **** up already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It’s so funny to me anybody is drawing any conclusions about anything after a meaningless game where the backups didn’t even play a full half.  The starting QB is the third string guy.

Literally the only thing I took away was Brown had an opportunity to have a big showing and mostly failed.

And Doc is the absolute worst color guy in the history of media.  

That’s about it.  It was frustrating the amount of offensive penalties late.  But none of the guys committing those penalties are going to make the team so I am not that worried about it.

Jay to me is almost a must win game.  If they lose that game I will be infuriated.  But preseason? I’m not going worry about a game where the starters never played. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jesus H Christ z. Heini didn't even play and you still turn it into a conversation about him. Give it the **** up. Heini will be QB2 this year and then be gone from the NFL. Just be happy about the future of this team instead of a flukey QB with a childs arm that had one great playoff game that he lost and give it the **** up already.

To be fair to z man, he wasn't the one who brought up Heinicke being good for Howell, it was someone else this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s so funny to me anybody is drawing any conclusions about anything after a meaningless game where the backups didn’t even play a full half.  The starting QB is the third string guy.

Literally the only thing I took away was Brown had an opportunity to have a big showing and mostly failed.

That’s about it.  It was frustrating the amount of offensive penalties late.  But none of the guys committing those penalties are going to make the team so I am not that worried about it.

Jay to me is almost a must win game.  If they lose that game I will be infuriated.  But preseason? I’m not going worry about a game where the starters never played. 

Ignorance is bliss my friend. I’ve been saying preseason doesn’t matter for like 30 years but these guys will show up and lay an absolute egg in week 1. We all know it. You’re just in denial. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

Ignorance is bliss my friend. I’ve been saying preseason doesn’t matter for like 30 years but these guys will show up and lay an absolute egg in week 1. We all know it. You’re just in denial. 

I was more concerned about the defense in week 2 of the preseason.

You can’t draw anything from this game because none of the players who played tonight save one or two will see the field.  

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Probably has more to do with the other two games and the organization as a whole for am entire generation now than it does this single game

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Karma. Remember that. He could be signed again. Oh man I am gonna die laughing if that happens while thinking of what koolblue is going through when that happens... 😂😂

Edited by zCommander
  • Thumb down 1

54 minutes ago, mistertim said:

To be fair to z man, he wasn't the one who brought up Heinicke being good for Howell, it was someone else this time.

47 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Fair and that dudes made nothing but absurd takes as well.

To be fair to the other poster.... B. Mitch said that on the post game show and that poster was posting what B. Mitch said. 

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I do not like Ravens post-game being in local stations in DC area, like ABC7, but Commanders isn't...

Seems Ravens have not backed away from attacking our TV market, similar to Panthers in Hampton Roads.

Be vigilant...winning is probably only thing that can push back in that, but clear sign if we lost our franchise Baltimore would get in the way of getting a new one.

If Commies move; Only way DC got another team is if some team moved here.

If the nfl ever expanded; it’s likely overseas.

• Like 1

I'm just going to say my post game comments. I had a bad headache and the game was a nice relief for me but between that and putting my kids to bed (and eating dinner) I was constantly pausing and playing and missed a lot of the commentary. 

1. I'm afraid for Howell. He has Moxie (the Heinicke word) but man is that enough? I wonder what his injury history is, not games missed but pain

2. I thought Patterson and Bonnafon both looked good. Honestly Patterson looked better and I felt more comfortable with him. Both showed some pass talent. I think the goal is to keep 3 RBs and try to get one on the pS. Bonnafon is the 6th RB in my opinion. 

3. THe defense looked good. THe corners looked bad. THe pass rush was meh but we were against mobile QBs who we had to play disciplined for. 

4/ Brown is a bum. He can make plays but he is not consistent. THis was his opportunity to shine and he was targeted 5 times and only brought in 2. 

5. Miline is better than Brown. Dude had 4 targets and 4 catches. I honestly think we win this game if we left him in. 

6. Cole and Michel are ok WRs but not better than Brown. Both had some good catches and some misses. That said, if we cut Brown and kept one of them I wouldn't mind. 

7. My man Reaves looked like a man among boys. Dude needs to make the team

8. I want to see some of Christian Homes plays. He had 6 tackles but I wasn't focusing on him and don't know hisnumber so I Couldnt see how he did.  I will look at the stats I can find to see how he played. 

Oh another point I noticed. This wasn't a typical Norv/Scott offense. HOw did I notice. There was only like 5 plays with motion in the bakcfield. THat's a staple of them. 

• Like 4

ANother thing and this is a criticism of Howell. He was throwing it to spots, anticipating where guys would be in say3 seconds when the ball arrived, but he was miscalculating sometmees. it would lead to him underthrowing a lot and DBs breaking it up. Is it a major concern? I don't think so but I was seeing those DBs cut across that back and make the deflection 

8 hours ago, Rocket442Olds said:

The OL isn’t really helping to calm

him down. They’re letting guys in with nothing but a gentle breeze as they run past. 

Yeah the OL was bad todat

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I am really enjoying this game tonight.

+1

10 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Could totally see Norv face when he looked up at the scoreboard

I know what you're referring to and I said the samething. He looks just like his dad. 

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd like to see Scott Turner take a shot on first or second down at the endzone.  Even if it's not complete, Sam can throw it 50 yards.  Have whoever is the fastest receiver just run a go route and throw it out there and see if he can run under it.  

Why?  Because it shows you are willing to do it when you cross the 50.  Which means teams have to take some notice of it. 

I was calling for this too. Just show me what he can do. 

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm just going to say my post game comments. I had a bad headache and the game was a nice relief for me but between that and putting my kids to bed (and eating dinner) I was constantly pausing and playing and missed a lot of the commentary. 

1. I'm afraid for Howell. He has Moxie (the Heinicke word) but man is that enough? I wonder what his injury history is, not games missed but pain

2. I thought Patterson and Bonnafon both looked good. Honestly Patterson looked better and I felt more comfortable with him. Both showed some pass talent. I think the goal is to keep 3 RBs and try to get one on the pS. Bonnafon is the 6th RB in my opinion. 

3. THe defense looked good. THe corners looked bad. THe pass rush was meh but we were against mobile QBs who we had to play disciplined for. 

4/ Brown is a bum. He can make plays but he is not consistent. THis was his opportunity to shine and he was targeted 5 times and only brought in 2. 

5. Miline is better than Brown. Dude had 4 targets and 4 catches. I honestly think we win this game if we left him in. 

6. Cole and Michel are ok WRs but not better than Brown. Both had some good catches and some misses. That said, if we cut Brown and kept one of them I wouldn't mind. 

7. My man Reaves looked like a man among boys. Dude needs to make the team

8. I want to see some of Christian Homes plays. He had 6 tackles but I wasn't focusing on him and don't know hisnumber so I Couldnt see how he did.  I will look at the stats I can find to see how he played. 

Oh another point I noticed. This wasn't a typical Norv/Scott offense. HOw did I notice. There was only like 5 plays with motion in the bakcfield. THat's a staple of them. 

I agree with all of this. I'll say that if Brown catches the bomb that hit him in the hands, we win that game, Having your college QB throwing to you the entire game, against back ups that won't make the league needs to be your chance to show you can do it and he didn't. I'm starting to think that Ericson is the 6th WR behing Sims and Milne.

Holmes was the CB on the other side of Neil who they went after pretty hard. Now, I don't know if that means they didn't think they could attack Holmes or they wanted to attack Neil, but they never threw at Holmes. I will say in Niels defense and Butler too, they were rookies going against a veteran WR and aren't use to the speed of the game yet. I've heard both players looked good in camp though. Corn Elder keeps making plays though.

Patterson looks the part and keeps surprising me.

Reaves definitely makes the 53 for the first time. Happy for him and I've come around on him a lot.

That was an enjoyable game. You can clearly tell that we ran basic boring plays on both sides of the ball and even tried to just keep the clock going, while the Ravens really do play to win preseason games.

• Like 1