Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'm going to go further and say that the 49ers never had a chance before this game even started. I seriously don't know why everyone thought the 49ers would mop up, even with Purdy. However, I didn't think this would be such a onesided game (the announcers are making excuses for it now). Even though Philly is winning, I'm not the least bit impressed.

In that post you contradicted your own contradiction. 

Impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NickyJ said:

Purdy got injured 10 minutes in. Then the only backup got injured too around halftime. Now Purdy has been handing off the ball for the half the game. It's unrecognizable because nobody can throw the ball and there's no creativity in trying to run the ball.

The injuries I get, but I'm used to this team being very disciplined...I've seen Pats run out of QBs, too, but never look borderline unprofessional because of it.

Just now, Simmsy said:

I'm going to go further and say that the 49ers never had a chance before this game even started. I seriously don't know why everyone thought the 49ers would mop up, even with Purdy. However, I didn't think this would be such a onesided game (the announcers are making excuses for it now). Even though Philly is winning, I'm not the least bit impressed.

Purdy went down when the game was 7-0 and the eagles scored a touchdown after a 4th down conversion that was incorrectly called as complete.  When one team loses the ability to pass, in todays nfl, there’s no real competition to be had.  This has absolutely NOTHING to do with game plan.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So I’ve been out all day. 

I saw Purdy went out early.  Did he come back? And then go out again?

Playing with QB #4 might have been too much for even Kyle in an NFC championship game….

QB #4 was lost also. Lol. Sucks. Purdy only came back in because Johnson got hurt. Purdy couldn't throw and handed the ball off the rest of the game.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Playing with QB #4 might have been too much for even Kyle in an NFC championship game….

He came back after Johnson was concussed.  He couldn’t throw.  They would have been more competitive running wildcat.

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Purdy's wrist was injured. He was done, but then the 4th string QB got a concussion and was officially ruled out. Now Purdy is in to just hand the ball off. He can't throw.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

In that post you contradicted your own contradiction. 

Impressive. 

No like I said, I figured the Eagles would whup them, but not this soundly. It wasn't until the 49ers did nothing, that I (and everyone else) realized the blowout was coming.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That said, if SF had a QB, and I’m not sure Purdy was the guy anyway, but if they get a QB they are easily the best team in the league. Move on from Jimmy, trade Lance and that opens up a chunk of salary too. 

They can choose to roll with Purdy on some dirt cheap $800k a year deal or look for an actual QB

So, your answer to what SF is going through is for them to have less competent QBs?

wnyx-news-radio.gif

Annoying how the Eagles basically had no challenge in the playoffs. Giants are garbagio and 9ers with a 4th string QB are...well also garbagio.

Here's hoping the Chiefs or Bengals can humble them in a couple weeks but I'm afraid we might be seeing another parade down Broad Street soon...

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Its pretty astounding with that OL and Kyle’s scheme which emphasizes getting the ball out and protecting the QB they haven’t been able to keep QBs healthy almost his entire time in SF. 

Thinking SF comes back strong next year. Add a couple pieces to OL and they will be right back in it.

Edited by Chris 44