Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

Just now, redskinss said:

Honestly I don't know the rule but I haven't ever seen it so I assume not.

There's always 2 active quarterbacks and an inactive one.

So, again, teams used to be able to keep a third QB active. If they brought them in, the other two QBs become ineligible to return. It was an emergency QB option.

For whatever reason, they eliminated the rule years ago. I never understood why.

And of course, teams are allowed to have three QBs, but no one ever does. Just too much of a disadvantage to sacrifice an active roster spot just to protect from an emergency. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

Purdy went down when the game was 7-0 and the eagles scored a touchdown after a 4th down conversion that was incorrectly called as complete.  When one team loses the ability to pass, in todays nfl, there’s no real competition to be had.  This has absolutely NOTHING to do with game plan.  

The fourth down conversion was after Purdy got hurt?  If so, that's shady.  Like the NFL called down to the refs and said no f-ing way is Josh Johnson going to start in our showcase game.

17 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, your answer to what SF is going through is for them to have less competent QBs?

wnyx-news-radio.gif

not sure where I said that. I simply stated that they had options to free up salary for a QB if they didn’t think Purdy was the guy. Not sure at this point I’d rather have Jimmy over Purdy anyway and Lance is too much of a Question mark from his limited play time. Not sure if call Lance competent either 

9 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, again, teams used to be able to keep a third QB active. If they brought them in, the other two QBs become ineligible to return. It was an emergency QB option.

For whatever reason, they eliminated the rule years ago. I never understood why.

And of course, teams are allowed to have three QBs, but no one ever does. Just too much of a disadvantage to sacrifice an active roster spot just to protect from an emergency. 

I'm sorry I missed your post earlier, not sure why you're taking it so personally. 

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

The fourth down conversion was after Purdy got hurt?  If so, that's shady.  Like the NFL called down to the refs and said no f-ing way is Josh Johnson going to start in our showcase game.

No.  The 4th down to Smith was when the game was 0-0.  SF hadn’t touched the ball at that point.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

not sure where I said that. I simply stated that they had options to free up salary for a QB if they didn’t think Purdy was the guy. Not sure at this point I’d rather have Jimmy over Purdy anyway and Lance is too much of a Question mark from his limited play time. Not sure if call Lance competent either 

When you give up 28 first round picks for Trey Lance, I think you've got to give him a shot.  Apparently he had a bad broken ankle, but it's a broken bone injury.  Should heal back without ruining his athleticism.

If nothing else, he's an exciting athlete with the kind of arm strength and running ability to be an RGIII style playmaker for Shanny.

Looking back to 2017 when Shanny offered us #2 overall in that draft for Kirk and Bruce Allen said no out of pure spite--that was a situation where absolutely everyone involved lost.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

When you give up 28 first round picks for Trey Lance, I think you've got to give him a shot.  Apparently he had a bad broken ankle, but it's a broken bone injury.  Should heal back without ruining his athleticism.

If nothing else, he's an exciting athlete with the kind of arm strength and running ability to be an RGIII style playmaker for Shanny.

Looking back to 2017 when Shanny offered us #2 overall in that draft for Kirk and Bruce Allen said no out of pure spite--that was a situation where absolutely everyone involved lost.

Well, we didn't have to suffer through Bruce drafting Trubisky and forcing every coach to try to make him a star, so I guess we kinda won.