Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

1 minute ago, Destino said:

this is a ridiculous take.  Purdy barely played.

Like I said, when he was in, the game plan wasn't working. When Johnson was in, the game plan didn't work, when Purdy came back, the game plan didn't work. I understand the circumstances are extremely distressing, but you need to do something to try and win. Running the ball for an entire 4qtr isn't going to do it. I don't understand why he's refusing to adjust anything on offense besides the fact that he's decided they're going to run the clock out.

• Like 1

Does anybody else think the nfl has its pants around its ankles right now?

A completely uncompetitive and boring championship game due in large part to the fact that one team doesn't have anybody who can throw the ball.

Not to mention that one of the quarterbacks is out because they are forcing him to be out due to concussion rules.

I see a possible rule change next year allowing for a 3rd quarterback to dress for GameDay in the event the first two are injured.

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Does anybody else think the nfl has its pants around its ankles right now?

A completely uncompetitive and boring championship game due in large part to the fact that one team doesn't have anybody who can throw the ball.

Not to mention that one of the quarterbacks is out because they are forcing him to be out due to concussion rules.

I see a possible rule change next year allowing for a 3rd quarterback to dress for GameDay in the event the first two are injured.

I talked about that like an hour and a half ago but...

welcome-to-the-party-pal-welcome-to-the-

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Like I said, when he was in, the game plan wasn't working. When Johnson was in, the game plan didn't work, when Purdy came back, the game plan didn't work. I understand the circumstances are extremely distressing, but you need to do something to try and win. Running the ball for an entire 4qtr isn't going to do it. I don't understand why he's refusing to adjust anything on offense besides the fact that he's decided they're going to run the clock out.

he threw, and completed, three passes.  Hardly a sample size large enough to condemn the game plain.  This game was over the moment Purdy got injured.

• Like 2

There were multiple late hits, fouls for grabbing facemask, holding uncalled fouls against the Eagles...uncalled.  A dropped pass that was called complete, a player pushed into the punter.  I get the frustration for 49ers. 

Shanahan should have gotten ejected like an NBA coach.  

• Like 1

Just now, Destino said:

he threw, and completed, three passes.  Hardly a sample size large enough to condemn the game plain.  This game was over the moment Purdy got injured.

I'm going to go further and say that the 49ers never had a chance before this game even started. I seriously don't know why everyone thought the 49ers would mop up, even with Purdy. However, I didn't think this would be such a onesided game (the announcers are making excuses for it now). Even though Philly is winning, I'm not the least bit impressed.

• Thumb down 1

I'm coming in this late, tuned out whole out with family and saw 21-7.

This team 49ers team looks like it's completely collapsed and u recognizable. 

Eagles beat that ass so bad they doing terrible team stuff you wouldn't expect from someone a game away from a super bowl.  And that's usually more an indication of a brewing snapping point versus an anomoly.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm coming in this late, tuned out whole out with family and saw 21-7.

This team 49ers team looks like it's completely collapsed and u recognizable. 

Eagles beat that ass so bad they doing terrible team stuff you wouldn't expect from someone a game away from a super bowl.  And that's usually more an indication of a brewing snapping point versus an anomoly.

Purdy got injured 10 minutes in. Then the only backup got injured too around halftime. Now Purdy has been handing off the ball for the entire 2nd half of the game. It's unrecognizable because nobody can throw the ball and there's no creativity in trying to run the ball.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

This game was over the moment Purdy got injured.

I can't disagree but even at 14-7 and the 49ers got that initial first down on that subsequent drive and you're thinking we're probably going into half still at 14-7 and the Niners get the ball back to start the second half. But even then it was near impossible to have any faith in Johnson and when he fumbled that snap and Philly took it in.......yeah, it was tough to see a comeback.