Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Kincaid is good, but Mayer is better.  IMO Kincaid can be Zach Ertz, Mayer can be Jason Witten.

Keim said that the team was interested in do it all TE (Mayer) not necessarily a move TE or strictly pass catching TE (Kincaid) They have that with Cole Turner (who they talked up big time before his injury) and Armani Rodgers. I think they could be targeting a TE later, or maybe Mayer in a trade down as BPA. 

Rivera also said they want to add a RB in FA of the draft (sort of obvious).

Edited by seantaylor=god

Jonathan Sutherland, defensive back

• Height: 5 feet, 11 inches
  • Weight: 202 pounds
  • Bench press: 25 reps
  • Vertical jump: 37.5 inches
  • Broad jump: 10 feet, 3 inches
  • 40-yard dash: 4.58 seconds
  • Pro shuttle: 4.13 seconds
  • 3-cone drill: 6.87 seconds

Jonathan Sutherland proved to be one of the big winners at Penn State’s pro day with a fine showing across the board. Though not necessarily considered the most skilled or talented prospect at safety or linebacker, his versatility combined with his work ethic make him a prospect to keep on the radar. Sutherland proved capable of playing multiple positions at Penn State by taking over a role at linebacker to fill an area of need for Penn State in 2022.

LaPorta is very similar to Cooley. I really like him. More than Kincaid. Kincaid is the best receiver of the TE group but he’s not a true Y. LaPorta can be H/Y or a big slot. He’s versatile. He’s not as good of a blocker as Mayer, similar as a receiver. Moves a bit better imo. Mayer has the edge on him because of his blocking but I wouldn’t be shocked if he winds up the best.

3 hours ago, method man said:

Been listening to the Take Command podcast. Logan Paulsen seems to really like LaPorta

They also had a fascinating discussion on Bijon.  Logan said he’s talked to scouts who say he’s the best RB prospect coming out since AP

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

LaPorta is very similar to Cooley. I really like him. More than Kincaid. Kincaid is the best receiver of the TE group but he’s not a true Y. LaPorta can be H/Y or a big slot. He’s versatile. He’s not as good of a blocker as Mayer, similar as a receiver. Moves a bit better imo. Mayer has the edge on him because of his blocking but I wouldn’t be shocked if he winds up the best.

For TE's my favorites are Mayer late 1st to top of the 2nd, LaPorta in the 3rd and Willis in the 5th. LaPorta in the 3rd makes the most sense if they want to go TE that can do it all

Edited by DWinzit

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Hello Zach Charbonnet. 

what round is he projected? maybe he's who they like? 

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

For TE's my favorites are Mayer late 1st to top of the 2nd, LaPorta in the 3rd and Willis in the 5th. LaPorta in the 3rd makes the most sense in they want to go TE

There's some good video out there of Kincaid attacking his blocks very physically...He looks like the total package to me?

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

what round is he projected? maybe he's who they like? 

There's some good video out there of Kincaid attacking his blocks very physically...He looks like the total package to me?

Kincaid has great hands, good speed, route runner and movement skills. He is smooth in and out of breaks and can fight through traffic and jump balls as a bballer. He however is not a very good blocker based on what I have seen and rad of him. He gets in the way and shows some effort but not that good, gets knocked around.

Just saw a mock where Pro Football Focus(?) has the Commanders taking Bijan Robinson at #16 saying he's as good a prospect as Saquon Barkley was. This would be a great way to help out a young QB....**** drafting for need, get the best player in the draft if he falls to you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Just saw a mock where Pro Football Focus(?) has the Commanders taking Bijan Robinson at #16 saying he's as good a prospect as Saquon Barkley was. This would be a great way to help out a young QB....**** drafting for need, get the best player in the draft if he falls to you.

Yup, that's my position.  If Bijan is there at 16, I'm taking him.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Why would he drop that far?

• Like 1

Bijan and Saquon are very different prospects. Kind of hard to say he's as good as Saquon when both of them do things better and worse than each other.

To put it simply, Bijan can't move like Saquon. But his patience and vision are better than Saquon.

Bijan is not a perfect prospect. But he's a really good one.

Framing this another way, Bijan is closer to who people think he is as a prospect than who people think Mayer is as a TE prospect.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Bijan and Saquon are very different prospects. Kind of hard to say he's as good as Saquon when both of them do things better and worse than each other.

To put it simply, Bijan can't move like Saquon. But his patience and vision are better than Saquon.

Bijan is not a perfect prospect. But he's a really good one.

Framing this another way, Bijan is closer to who people think he is as a prospect than who people think Mayer is as a TE prospect.

I think the Mayer hype has died down a bit. Now seeing him get mocked late 1st earliest in a lot of mocks

Rivera really talked up our OL group at the owners meeting. I’m sure we’ll take one OL in the draft, but I expect a diverse selection. Ultimately I want our early picks to be probable starters. Instant contributors.

Edited by Est.1974

I still think it’s OL first but I admit I’m intrigued by Branch and Bijan (but really, I’m more intrigued by Jahmyr Gibbs).

Im surprised the people who wanted Kyle Hamilton aren’t all over Brian Branch. He’s literally a prototype for that hybrid spot.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Im surprised the people who wanted Kyle Hamilton aren’t all over Brian Branch. He’s literally a prototype for that hybrid spot.

I'm aware I might be talking out of my bottom but didn't he test poorly at the combine? He seems to be falling, and fast, in peoples' projections.

22 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the vibe that edge will be in the mix at some point, too. As far as meetings overlapping coaching at the Senior Bowl, Foskey is the one that hits me that fits that as to edge.  Doubting he's there though in the late third.  But if they trade down and pick and get maybe an early 3rd round pick, maybe there is an off chance he's there.

I talked about him recently on ths thread.  I like him, don't love him.  But late 2nd, early third I think he'd be a good get on the off chance he lasts that long.  He needs to develop more pass rushing moves IMO -- but as a pure athlete and pure potential, he's really intriguing to me.   Well rounded skills.

I have not been able to give the DL much attention thus far. I can see edge being on their radar day 2 if they can gain picks via 1st round trade back. Foskey appears to be a good value late 2nd early 3rd based on what I have seen of him. In a normal edge year he probably would go earlier but may fall slightly with the wealth of decent edge guys.

There are a lot of players at different positions that would be great fits to this roster between pick 25 and the mid 3rd round. The more picks in that range the better!

14 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

I'm aware I might be talking out of my bottom but didn't he test poorly at the combine? He seems to be falling, and fast, in peoples' projections.

4.58, 10-5 broad, 34.5” vert isn’t great, 14 reps. Insanely productive on tape. I’d be a little more concerned with the athletic testing if he were a corner. But he isn’t. And I have no idea why people have listed him there. Ever. :ols:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1