Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

4.58, 10-5 broad, 34.5” vert isn’t great, 14 reps. Insanely productive on tape. I’d be a little more concerned with the athletic testing if he were a corner. But he isn’t. And I have no idea why people have listed him there. Ever. :ols:

If they can't move from 16 or can only move down a couple slots, Branch has to be on the top of their board with the a group like Dawand, Torrence, Gonzo, Spoon, and maybe Skoronski and JPJ. Last man standing, all probably rated similar

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I still think it’s OL first but I admit I’m intrigued by Branch and Bijan (but really, I’m more intrigued by Jahmyr Gibbs).

Im surprised the people who wanted Kyle Hamilton aren’t all over Brian Branch. He’s literally a prototype for that hybrid spot.

I liked Hamilton a lot.  As we know Branch is a different version of a nickle player than Hamilton.  Doesn't have the freakish size -- Hamilton is 30 pounds heavier, yet Hamilton's speed was identical and had a better vertical and horitzontal.  And Hamilton is tall 6 '4 with those freakish long arms, Branch is not. 

But Branch plays much bigger than his size, I think is the better cover player and tackles so soundly.  But I do buy the mocks that have him now sinking lower in the first round, saw one recenlly with him in the 2nd.  But yeah especially in a trade down, I'd love to have him. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Im surprised the people who wanted Kyle Hamilton aren’t all over Brian Branch. He’s literally a prototype for that hybrid spot.

Rivera alluded to that position in his comments at the owners meeting. That was at the same time as saying we had 2 young players on the roster competing for the LG position.

The draft should be a fun watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Rivera alluded to that position in his comments at the owners meeting. That was at the same time as saying we had 2 young players on the roster competing for the LG position.

The draft should be a fun watch.

He mentioned the nicke spot in the press conference?  Missed that part.  I heard him talking about LG. 

I think it was Logan Paulsen if I recall right said that he heard they are high on Percy Butler developing and they've done a nice job with safeties including Curl and Forrest.

Felt after listening to that press conference a more BPA approach than I originally thought but still judging by their meetings-top 30 visits and the vibe I get from Keim, an O lineman is being picked early.

• Thumb up 1

As far as the Michael Mayer talk here.    I think he's going where I thought he would. Somewhere from around our pick to about 25.  I've been saying for quite some time, pre combine that he likely is available at our pick, some disagreed.  My thought was his skills set isn't about him being an athletic freak so i expected him not to kill the combine and its a really deep class this year. 

Kiper has him going 18 in his last mock, Brugler at 21. 

He jumped up his RAS score after his pro-day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Bijan and Saquon are very different prospects. Kind of hard to say he's as good as Saquon when both of them do things better and worse than each other.

To put it simply, Bijan can't move like Saquon. But his patience and vision are better than Saquon.

Bijan is not a perfect prospect. But he's a really good one.

Framing this another way, Bijan is closer to who people think he is as a prospect than who people think Mayer is as a TE prospect.

How does Bijan compare to BRob as a feature back?

11 hours ago, DWinzit said:

For TE's my favorites are Mayer late 1st to top of the 2nd, LaPorta in the 3rd and Willis in the 5th. LaPorta in the 3rd makes the most sense if they want to go TE that can do it all

Mayer would be a great pick in the late first, I think there is a shot he's there, be surprised if its the 2nd -- I think i've seen just one mock with him in the early 2nd.    I think almost no chance they take him though. 

Laporta was one of my early favorites months ago when he was billed by many as a 3rd-5th rounder type.  Now I see him in the 2nd round in many mocks, i'd be surprised he's there at the end of the third round where we pick.   

IMO Kincaid is just a little bit better than him because he has better hands, better at YAC. Kincaid is maybe a hair better as a blocker, neither one is hot at it but don't suck either, willing blockers -- but I like Laporta slightly better as far as seperating.  They IMO are of the same brand of player and both will likely be good.

Definitely Willis, I was pumping him up here for a long time.  Still love to have him.  He didn't have the best combine so wonder if that helps him slip.  Some mocks have him in the 6th round range.

In the 4th-5th round range -- Strange, Schoonmaker, Whyle intrigue me.   I wish Mallory could block but like him as an F TE.   6tth roundish-Willis and Davis Allen.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He mentioned the nicke spot in the press conference?  Missed that part.  I heard him talking about LG. 

He said about playing 3 safety’s, having that versatility to cover the slot etc. Got to take a couple of DBs this draft. I don’t like our depth at all. I’m not even sold on our starting corners to be honest. 

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

Jason Reid, ESPN, 7 round mock, here is some of the 2nd, as for the first, seems same old same old -- all the suspects some of us like on the O line -- Harrison, Wright, Dawand, Torrence, all gone in the first.

here's some of the 2nd round

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks

46. New England Patriots

Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse

Offensive tackle might be New England's biggest need, especially as Isaiah Wynn is still a free agent. Bergeron is an intriguing prospect who has shown dominant flashes as a run blocker. He must improve his strength and balance as a pass protector, however. He allowed three sacks in 11 starts last season.

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

47. Washington Commanders

Blake Freeland, OT, BYU

Big and quick blockers like Freeland rarely make it out of the second round. He has been compared to Brian O'Neill and Sam Cosmi. Freeland's consistency as a pass protector -- he allowed just one sack in 12 starts last season -- could be appealing for the Commanders, who allowed 48 sacks last season, which was seventh-worst in the NFL. He could challenge Charles Leno at left tackle, but he also could move over to right tackle.

det.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

48. Detroit Lions

Keeanu Benton, IDL, Wisconsin

I projected the Lions to add edge rusher Tyree Wilson (No. 6) and cornerback Deonte Banks (No. 18) in Round 1, and I'm sticking with defense in Round 2. The interior of Detroit's line still is a massive question mark. Benton is a heavy-handed rusher who is disruptive against the run and pass.

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

49. Pittsburgh Steelers

Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson

The Steelers added inside linebackers Cole Holcomb and Elandon Roberts this offseason, overhauling the second level of the defense. They don't have a versatile linebacker who can play multiple spots, however. That's Simpson, a jack-of-all-trades defender who can cause problems as a blitzer and make plays in space.

tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Derick Hall, Edge, Auburn

With veteran Shaq Barrett coming off a torn Achilles and 2021 first-rounder Joe Tryon-Shoyinka searching to unlock the next stages of his development, edge rusher is a top need in Tampa Bay. Last season, Vita Vea (6.5) and Devin White (5.5) led the team in sacks. Hall is a base end who has powerful pass-rush moves -- he had 6.5 sacks last season. He's also capable of dropping into coverage.

mia.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

51. Miami Dolphins

Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

Gibbs could be drafted well before this spot, but running backs are tricky to project. He'd be an ideal fit in coach Mike McDaniel's outside zone scheme, though. Adding Gibbs to an offense with wideouts Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle would be even more explosive. Gibbs averaged 6.1 yards per carry for the Crimson Tide last season; he also caught 44 passes.

sea.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

52. Seattle Seahawks

Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa

Despite the return of veteran Bobby Wagner on a one-year deal, Campbell would provide a succession plan for the Seattle defense. His instincts, aggression as a run defender and feel in coverage would make for a promising young option behind the Seahawks legend.

chi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

53. Chicago Bears (from BAL)

Isaiah Foskey, Edge, Notre Dame

General manager Ryan Poles should use assets toward a defensive line that struggled last season. To put into context how bad the Bears' pass rush was a year ago, safety Jaquan Brisker led them in sacks -- with four. Foskey put up 11 in back-to-back seasons for the Fighting Irish.

lac.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

54. Los Angeles Chargers

Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State

After I projected the Chargers to add running back Bijan Robinson in Round 1, I'm going back to adding another playmaker. Six-foot-6 Musgrave, who played in just two games last season because of a knee injury, can impact the game next to a tight end or flexed out wide. He'd fill a huge need for L.A.

55. Detroit Lions (from MIN)

Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

The Lions have a stacked roster on paper, and after I went defense for their first three picks, now is the time to look to the other side of the ball. Even after the signing of veteran Nate Sudfeld, they could try to upgrade at the QB2 spot. Hooker, who is still recovering from a late-season knee injury, is widely viewed as the No. 5 quarterback in this class. He could be the eventual successor to Jared Goff.

jax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

56. Jacksonville Jaguars

Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah

With Tyson Campbell and Darious Williams manning the outside corner spots, Phillips is an ideal nickel option in Jacksonville. His consistency as a tackler and playmaker on the ball make him an intriguing addition to a team that lacks a slot option. He picked off six passes for the Utes last season.

nyg.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

57. New York Giants

Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

The Giants had just six interceptions last season, tied for the worst total in the league. With 14 career interceptions -- including an SEC-record six pick-sixes -- Forbes is the exact type of defender the Giants' secondary lacks. A predominantly Cover 1 scheme corner, Forbes has the speed and quickness to translate in Wink Martindale's aggressive defense.

dal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

58. Dallas Cowboys

Steve Avila, IOL, TCU

The Cowboys might have an opening at left guard, depending where 2022 first-rounder Tyler Smith ends up. Avila has experience at all three interior spots. A durable and strong blocker, he fits the mold of what the Cowboys have gravitated toward in previous years.

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

59. Buffalo Bills

Keion White, Edge, Georgia Tech

The Bills have invested a lot of money and draft capital into edge rushers, but with Von Miller suffering a late-season ACL tear, the dependable depth off the edge is a sore spot. AJ Epenesa and Boogie Basham have yet to prove they can be relied upon. White is a versatile option who can be used inside and outside.

60. Cincinnati Bengals

Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa

The Bengals have been searching for years for a consistent and reliable tight end. Many players have flashed, but year-to-year consistency is something LaPorta brings to the table. Not only could he have an immediate impact as a pass-catcher but he also could be an extra blocker in the run game. He caught 58 passes for 657 yards for the Hawkeyes last season.

61. Chicago Bears (from CAR/SF)

Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State

Kyler Gordon bounced back and forth between the nickel and outside spots as a rookie, and it will be interesting to watch which position he plays during his second year. Drafting Brents to play alongside Jaylon Johnson would give the Bears another young option in a secondary that needs a second option to emerge. At 6-3, 198 pounds, Brents is a perfect fit outside in coach Matt Eberflus' scheme.

phi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He said about playing 3 safety’s, having that versatility to cover the slot etc. Got to take a couple of DBs this draft. I don’t like our depth at all. I’m not even sold on our starting corners to be honest. 

I think I caught the tail end of that -- was that the part where he talked about valuing ball skills?

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

56. Jacksonville Jaguars

With Tyson Campbell and Darious Williams manning the outside corner spots, Phillips is an ideal nickel option in Jacksonville. His consistency as a tackler and playmaker on the ball make him an intriguing addition to a team that lacks a slot option. He picked off six passes for the Utes last season.

57. New York Giants

The Giants had just six interceptions last season, tied for the worst total in the league. With 14 career interceptions -- including an SEC-record six pick-sixes -- Forbes is the exact type of defender the Giants' secondary lacks. A predominantly Cover 1 scheme corner, Forbes has the speed and quickness to translate in Wink Martindale's aggressive defense.

Couple of real ball hawks. Ron was also pushing the ‘creating turnovers’ narrative. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think I caught the tail end of that -- was that the part where he talked about valuing ball skills?

That’s odd, just mentioned that as well :ols:

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mayer would be a great pick in the late first, I think there is a shot he's there, be surprised if its the 2nd -- I think i've seen just one mock with him in the early 2nd.    I think almost no chance they take him though. 

Laporta was one of my early favorites months ago when he was billed by many as a 3rd-5th rounder type.  Now I see him in the 2nd round in many mocks, i'd be surprised he's there at the end of the third round where we pick.   

IMO Kincaid is just a little bit better than him because he has better hands, better at YAC. Kincaid is maybe a hair better as a blocker, neither one is hot at it but don't suck either, willing blockers -- but I like Laporta slightly better as far as seperating.  They IMO are of the same brand of player and both will likely be good.

Definitely Willis, I was pumping him up here for a long time.  Still love to have him.  He didn't have the best combine so wonder if that helps him slip.  Some mocks have him in the 6th round range.

In the 4th-5th round range -- Strange, Schoonmaker, Whyle intrigue me.   I wish Mallory could block but like him as an F TE.   6tth roundish-Willis and Davis Allen.

I have mentioned before that I can see a world where they do take Mayer - The Tackle pool is limited. Mayer would give Leno and Wylie immediate assistance on the outside and allow them to grab one of the C's in the 3rd round (DB/LB in the 2nd). That gives Howell/Brissett max protection plus a weapon when chipping and would allow Thomas and Roullier to be cut adding CAP space relief.

I really like LaPorta and agree he may not be there at the end of the 3rd but I do not like him mid 2nd. Top of 3rd is where I'd be looking for him.

I would be comfortable with Willis in the 5th and I do like Schoonmaker but the other 3 are my favorites. I like Washington and Kincaid too but they are my TE's lol

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Couple of real ball hawks. Ron was also pushing the ‘creating turnovers’ narrative. 

That’s odd, just mentioned that as well :ols:

That's what brought it back ti me because now I recall thinking hey that might take Joey Porter off the table, was going to post that but then got distracted by the Snyder sales stuff.  

As much as am addicted to the draft am even more addicted to the Dan selling story. :ols:

On another note, this is round 3 of Avila.  So the guys they met with at the Senior Bowl, Combine and now top 30 viists:

Wright, D. Jones, Torrence, Avila. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jason Reid, ESPN, 7 round mock, here is some of the 2nd, as for the first, seems same old same old -- all the suspects some of us like on the O line -- Harrison, Wright, Dawand, Torrence, all gone in the first.

here's some of the 2nd round

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks

46. New England Patriots

Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse

Offensive tackle might be New England's biggest need, especially as Isaiah Wynn is still a free agent. Bergeron is an intriguing prospect who has shown dominant flashes as a run blocker. He must improve his strength and balance as a pass protector, however. He allowed three sacks in 11 starts last season.

47. Washington Commanders

Blake Freeland, OT, BYU

Big and quick blockers like Freeland rarely make it out of the second round. He has been compared to Brian O'Neill and Sam Cosmi. Freeland's consistency as a pass protector -- he allowed just one sack in 12 starts last season -- could be appealing for the Commanders, who allowed 48 sacks last season, which was seventh-worst in the NFL. He could challenge Charles Leno at left tackle, but he also could move over to right tackle.

48. Detroit Lions

Keeanu Benton, IDL, Wisconsin

I projected the Lions to add edge rusher Tyree Wilson (No. 6) and cornerback Deonte Banks (No. 18) in Round 1, and I'm sticking with defense in Round 2. The interior of Detroit's line still is a massive question mark. Benton is a heavy-handed rusher who is disruptive against the run and pass.

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

49. Pittsburgh Steelers

Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson

The Steelers added inside linebackers Cole Holcomb and Elandon Roberts this offseason, overhauling the second level of the defense. They don't have a versatile linebacker who can play multiple spots, however. That's Simpson, a jack-of-all-trades defender who can cause problems as a blitzer and make plays in space.

tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Derick Hall, Edge, Auburn

With veteran Shaq Barrett coming off a torn Achilles and 2021 first-rounder Joe Tryon-Shoyinka searching to unlock the next stages of his development, edge rusher is a top need in Tampa Bay. Last season, Vita Vea (6.5) and Devin White (5.5) led the team in sacks. Hall is a base end who has powerful pass-rush moves -- he had 6.5 sacks last season. He's also capable of dropping into coverage.

mia.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

51. Miami Dolphins

Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

Gibbs could be drafted well before this spot, but running backs are tricky to project. He'd be an ideal fit in coach Mike McDaniel's outside zone scheme, though. Adding Gibbs to an offense with wideouts Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle would be even more explosive. Gibbs averaged 6.1 yards per carry for the Crimson Tide last season; he also caught 44 passes.

sea.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

52. Seattle Seahawks

Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa

Despite the return of veteran Bobby Wagner on a one-year deal, Campbell would provide a succession plan for the Seattle defense. His instincts, aggression as a run defender and feel in coverage would make for a promising young option behind the Seahawks legend.

53. Chicago Bears (from BAL)

Isaiah Foskey, Edge, Notre Dame

General manager Ryan Poles should use assets toward a defensive line that struggled last season. To put into context how bad the Bears' pass rush was a year ago, safety Jaquan Brisker led them in sacks -- with four. Foskey put up 11 in back-to-back seasons for the Fighting Irish.

54. Los Angeles Chargers

Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State

After I projected the Chargers to add running back Bijan Robinson in Round 1, I'm going back to adding another playmaker. Six-foot-6 Musgrave, who played in just two games last season because of a knee injury, can impact the game next to a tight end or flexed out wide. He'd fill a huge need for L.A.

55. Detroit Lions (from MIN)

Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

The Lions have a stacked roster on paper, and after I went defense for their first three picks, now is the time to look to the other side of the ball. Even after the signing of veteran Nate Sudfeld, they could try to upgrade at the QB2 spot. Hooker, who is still recovering from a late-season knee injury, is widely viewed as the No. 5 quarterback in this class. He could be the eventual successor to Jared Goff.

56. Jacksonville Jaguars

57. New York Giants

58. Dallas Cowboys

Steve Avila, IOL, TCU

The Cowboys might have an opening at left guard, depending where 2022 first-rounder Tyler Smith ends up. Avila has experience at all three interior spots. A durable and strong blocker, he fits the mold of what the Cowboys have gravitated toward in previous years.

59. Buffalo Bills

Keion White, Edge, Georgia Tech

The Bills have invested a lot of money and draft capital into edge rushers, but with Von Miller suffering a late-season ACL tear, the dependable depth off the edge is a sore spot. AJ Epenesa and Boogie Basham have yet to prove they can be relied upon. White is a versatile option who can be used inside and outside.

60. Cincinnati Bengals

Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa

The Bengals have been searching for years for a consistent and reliable tight end. Many players have flashed, but year-to-year consistency is something LaPorta brings to the table. Not only could he have an immediate impact as a pass-catcher but he also could be an extra blocker in the run game. He caught 58 passes for 657 yards for the Hawkeyes last season.

61. Chicago Bears (from CAR/SF)

Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State

Kyler Gordon bounced back and forth between the nickel and outside spots as a rookie, and it will be interesting to watch which position he plays during his second year. Drafting Brents to play alongside Jaylon Johnson would give the Bears another young option in a secondary that needs a second option to emerge. At 6-3, 198 pounds, Brents is a perfect fit outside in coach Matt Eberflus' scheme.

So... we take Blake Freeland over Jack Campbell?

Thanks, I hate it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So... we take Blake Freeland over Jack Campbell?

Thanks, I hate it. 

I am a big Campbell guy, I'd be very surprised if they took him though.  I'd be surprised if its a Freeland too considering they haven't poked around that player even though they seem to be checking out a zillion O lineman.

The one dude that if i recall you don't care for that i think they like is Avila.  I liked Avila as a center not so much as a guard -- but I heard he was super good at the Senior Bowl and looked smooth at the Combine.  i have to get to rewatching him.

Sucks that Bergeron goes just one pick before their pick.  Who knows what happens but if mocks mean anything, Bergeron goes either right before or right around their pick more or less in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am a big Campbell guy, I'd be very surprised if they took him though.  I'd be surprised if its a Freeland too considering they haven't poked around that player even though they seem to be checking out a zillion O lineman.

The one dude that if i recall you don't care for that i think they like is Avila.  I liked Avila as a center not so much as a guard -- but I heard he was super good at the Senior Bowl and looked smooth at the Combine.  i have to get to rewatching him.

Sucks that Bergeron goes just one pick before their pick.  Who knows what happens but if mocks mean anything, Bergeron goes either right before or right around their pick more or less in the 2nd.

I don’t dislike Avila at center. I like other guys better but I don’t mind him there.

24 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I have mentioned before that I can see a world where they do take Mayer - The Tackle pool is limited. Mayer would give Leno and Wylie immediate assistance on the outside and allow them to grab one of the C's in the 3rd round (DB/LB in the 2nd). That gives Howell/Brissett max protection plus a weapon when chipping and would allow Thomas and Roullier to be cut adding CAP space relief.

I really like LaPorta and agree he may not be there at the end of the 3rd but I do not like him mid 2nd. Top of 3rd is where I'd be looking for him.

I would be comfortable with Willis in the 5th and I do like Schoonmaker but the other 3 are my favorites. I like Washington and Kincaid too but they are my TE's lol

Don't get me wrong, I like those TEs, Mayer, Washington, too.  I might even consider Laporta in the 2nd.  I wonder if Kincaid drops with him not running, still banged up.  There are like 10 TEs I'd be happy with to different degrees. 

But I don't get the sense listening to Keim and Logan Paulsen that they plan to take a TE early.  But who knows?

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t dislike Avila at center. I like other guys better but I don’t mind him there.

There is a chance though they like him at LG.  He played there and there is clearly a hole at that spot.  So not sure they'd put him at center but i don't know.

He's a player I need to rewatch because its clear they like him and others seem higher on him too than I was on my initial watch.  I'll try to get to watching more games of his.

• Like 1

If the Commanders Want to Go Big on the Offensive Line, Choose Atonio Mafi

https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/3/29/23657413/if-washington-commanders-want-to-go-big-on-the-offensive-line-choose-atonio-mafi-nfl-draft-profile

How he fits on the Commanders

Although Atonio Mafi is new to the offensive side of the ball, he’s shown flashes of being a quality offensive guard. His athleticism for his size combined with his size and strength will make him a quality player if he continues to improve. Do the Commanders have time for him to develop? With this looking like the last year of Ron Rivera’s tenure with the team barring significant success, they may look for more polished prospects in the draft. But given that they held a private workout with Mafi and his experience with the zone blocking schemes Eric Bieniemy might run gives him a shot of being selected by Washington.

9 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

He doesn't :)

Bijan is several tiers ahead of B Rob for me.

Everyone remembers the triplets from Dallas; Aikman, Irvin, Emmit

How bout Howell, Terry Mac, Bijan? 

Think about it, you get a stud running back who is a true game changer paired with Bienemy and some great WR's and these aren't your same Redskins/Commanders.

We become legit contenders in the NFC.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Everyone remembers the triplets from Dallas; Aikman, Irvin, Emmit

How bout Howell, Terry Mac, Bijan? 

Think about it, you get a stud running back who is a true game changer paired with Bienemy and some great WR's and these aren't your same Redskins/Commanders.

We become legit contenders in the NFC.

Oh no’s, not an ES equivalence of our 5th round, played 1 game qb to a HoFer already.

Can the fella earn the starting spot first?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wait...Darnell Washington isn't even on your list?  IMO, Hed be a huge upgrade to both the run and passing game. A player that can change all aspects of the offense should be on our radar.

And to think that you used to be my favorite poster.

Congrats @KDawg you are now in the top three after SIP falling down the charts. Have a celebratory beer and cast a disparaging smirk towards those who didn't make my chart

• Like 1

Reid's, 3rd round

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/35958143/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-round-predictions-259-picks

84. Miami Dolphins

Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan

The Dolphins lack a receiving threat at tight end after Mike Gesicki signed with the Patriots in free agency. Adding 6-5 Schoonmaker would add competition to a group searching for a player to emerge. He caught 35 passes last season.

85. Los Angeles Chargers

Tuli Tuipulotu, Edge, USC

The Chargers have few options behind Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack, and Tuipulotu would give them a relentless defender off the edge. At 6-3, 266 pounds, he is a bit of a tweener, but he has a knack for generating pressures on the quarterback. He had a whopping 42 pressures last season, resulting in 13.5 sacks.

bal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

86. Baltimore Ravens

Rejzohn Wright, CB, Oregon State

The Ravens have historically favored bigger corners, and 6-2 Wright has intriguing traits. His playmaking skills could help him become a good player, but he's still raw.

min.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

87. Minnesota Vikings

Owen Pappoe, LB, Auburn

Jordan Hicks is entering the final year of his contract, and adding an explosive defender such as Pappoe would prepare Minnesota for the long haul. He is an active second-level defender who checks all of the thresholds the Vikings require. At 225 pounds, he ran a blazing 4.39-second 40-yard dash at the combine. The Vikings could pair him alongside Brian Asamoah for the future.

88. Jacksonville Jaguars

Tank Bigsby, RB, Auburn

Travis Etienne is the Jaguars' clear top running back, but pairing him with a versatile player with whom he can share the workload would be wise. Bigsby is an underrated threat who could be a better pro than college player. In three years at Auburn, he rushed for 2,903 yards and had 25 touchdowns.

89. New York Giants

Olusegun Oluwatimi, IOL, Michigan

The center spot has been a revolving door for the Giants since the glory days of Weston Richburg. Six-foot-2, 309-pound Oluwatimi has the strength and experience to step in and be a Day 1 starter.

90. Dallas Cowboys

Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA

With Ezekiel Elliott released, Dallas needs to find a bigger running back to spell Tony Pollard in spurts. Charbonnet is a tough and determined runner who is dependable as a pass-catcher out of the backfield. He averaged 7.0 yards per carry for the Bruins and caught 37 passes for 321 yards last season.

91. Buffalo Bills

Byron Young, IDL, Alabama

With Ed Oliver, DaQuan Jones and Tim Settle entering the season in the final year of their respective deals, 294-pound Young would provide another young option for the Bills' rotation. He had four sacks last season, playing snaps at end and at tackle.

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

92. Cincinnati Bengals

Isaiah McGuire, Edge, Missouri

McGuire is a stout base end. At 6-4, 268 pounds, he has a similar stature to prospects the Bengals have drafted in the past, and he would be solid depth paired with Joseph Ossai in the team's second unit of pass-rushers. He had 12 tackles for loss last season.

car.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

93. Carolina Panthers (from SF)

Andre Carter II, Edge, Army

Carter could land in an ideal spot in Carolina. He will have a chance to grow with the other young defensive players to add strength and mass to his 6-6 frame, while spending time primarily as a designated pass-rusher early in his career. After racking up 15.5 sacks in 2021, Carter had just three last season.

94. Philadelphia Eagles

Ji'Ayir Brown, S, Penn State

Even after signing Terrell Edmunds, the Eagles need to add another safety to make up for the losses of C.J. Gardner-Johnson and Marcus Epps. Brown is a versatile defender who will play primarily as a free safety. He finished his final season with the Nittany Lions with 56 total tackles and four interceptions.

kc.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

95. Kansas City Chiefs

A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest

The Chiefs, fresh off a Super Bowl without having a receiver with 1,000 receiving yards, should be searching for targets to add on the perimeter. Perry is a 6-3 receiver who had 81 catches for 1,096 yards and 11 scores last season. Four of those touchdowns came when he was lined up in the slot.

ari.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

96. Arizona Cardinals*

Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland

Arizona should keep adding players at premium positions. Duncan would be a great addition at this point in the draft, as he immediately could become the swing tackle and develop into a starter in the future.

97. Washington Commanders*

Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane

Spears would bring versatility to a backfield that lacks explosiveness. With Washington not having a running back reach over 1,000 rush yards last season, he could be a step up as he tallied 1,581 yards in this final season with the Green Wave.

play

3 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Wait...Darnell Washington isn't even on your list?  IMO, Hed be a huge upgrade to both the run and passing game. A player that can change all aspects of the offense should be on our radar.

Congrats @KDawg you are now in the top three after SIP falling down the charts. Have a celebratory beer and cast a disparaging smirk towards those who didn't make my chart

I wasn't already top 3?

Keep your top three ranking you caveman!

Edited by KDawg

10 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

What list did I put out?  I responded to a post where someone mentioned some specific TEs and I responded to that and mentioned some less heralded names that I like, too.  As far as a list goes I said a million times on this thread he's my #2 TE and might be my #1, i waver back and forth.

I'd put a wager that i've put more propaganda for Darnell Washington and by a good margin than anyone here on this thread and have been at it for months. B)  Look at my posts around the combine in particular the thread was basically consumed by it being a love letter for me for Washington and I debated some on it.

Just a whopping hour ago, i said I liked Washington.  but yeah I haven't done a full gush fest in recent days, sorry. :ols:

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 10.01.20 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1