Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Keep hearing "experts" saying that this draft class isn't anything special.  Maybe 15ish players who actually grade out at as first rounders.... Makes me think this could be the best draft class in decades. 

I think it’s mostly based on lack of production from the guys with good measurables and lack of measurables from guy with the college production/good tape. 

Obviously some of these guys will be outstanding players. The hard part is seeing who is going to work the hardest at their craft and really want to be great.

14 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Keep hearing "experts" saying that this draft class isn't anything special.  Maybe 15ish players who actually grade out at as first rounders.... Makes me think this could be the best draft class in decades. 

Its overall a pretty poor draft. Not much top end talent and the QBs all have pretty significant question marks.

Lucky for us there is good depth at the positions we need the most(OL, CB, TE).

• Like 1

To what KDawg said: please let's not have a bunch of folks go in to that thread just to duplicate what's being said currently, or been said, in this one.

Seems to me that one should be best saved for discussing picks as they actually happen. I hadn't made one cuz PCS usually does that right before the draft actually starts but I agree with his post that it's cool KDawg took it on.

It's getting cloooose. May the force be with us.😵‍💫

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

To what KDawg said: please let's not have a bunch of folks go in to that thread just to duplicate what's being said currently, or been said, in this one.

Seems to me that one should be best saved for discussing pics as they actually happen. I hadn't made one cuz PCS usually does that right before the draft actually starts but I agree with his post that it's cool KDawg took it on.

It's getting cloooose. May the force be with us.😵‍💫

Yeah I didn’t remember if PCS did that or just the “welcome to the Commandos…” posts and just went with my gut so the topic was up well before start time so people could acclimated :ols:

RE: bad draft. It’s not. The thing is there are less “obvious” blue chip high end elite talented guys. But I think there are a lot more steady high floor mid to high ceiling guys. 

Jack Campbell is a stud. He isn’t talked about as often simply because he’s a ILB who plays for Iowa. 

This class has a lot of guys like Campbell. Zay Flowers is an animal. But he isn’t Jamar Chase skill set wise or size wise. 

The tight end crop is mostly guys who get a little dirty in the trenches. Not your Kyle Pitts flashy tight end types.

I actually think this draft is ****ing awesome across the board. It just lacks the high end elite blue chip talent at the top. Otherwise it’s fantastic. 

• Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hopefully keep the riff raff out of this thread. And less clutter.

I resemble that remark 😁

25 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Boy Kincaid sure moves like Kelce, wonder if it has EB pounding on the table for him..

I would be okay with it… not thrilled, but okay.  I have to wonder if EB can make our o line look better just by virtue of running a true WCO - short drops, quick reads, etc.

I'll just throw this question out there, if this is Rivera and Co's last season as coach and GM's why wouldn't they go out with a bang, and I mean a BIG BANG,  like say trade up to Arizona's 3rd pick and Take the best player available be it QB or any other position, come on Rivera you know you want to do it, Stop playing the straight man and go for it.

But we all know Rivera will play it safe don't we.

My picks

Stay at 16 best available OT

If we move down best available G

We need to keep Howell of his ****.

HTTR

5 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

My picks

Stay at 16 best available OT

If we move down best available G

That's what I think we do, but I'm thinking O line or TE.

If we do trade back or trade one of our DEs per the rumor it would be for more 2023 stock to get some more impact this year.

Watching those Forbes highlights, I’d be okay with it. SEC experience, real reading skills, clearly not afraid to body up with receivers. Still hoping we go another direction but I could live with it.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:54 AM, Est.1974 said:

Agree. Early prediction from me would also be CB. 

I’d then say WR again to be honest, especially if Samuel doesn’t meet expectations and Terry is on a 100mil deal. 

If they stay at 16 or trade down a little feels like Wright or Forbes with maybe Harrison or Banks 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1