Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Sam Howell QB North Carolina

PCS

21 hours ago, Wafers said:

I have seen enough "first round talent QB steals" in the later round (Conner Cook, Matt Barkley, Ryan Mallet etc etc) to know a 5th round QB draftee is at best a career backup and most likely a camp cut in three years.  It is a wasted pick.

I dont know about "wasted", but all these people trying to convince themselves that he has a shot to be more than a career backup type are probably gonna be disappointed.  His ceiling is more than likely, backup who gets a chance to be an average starter.  A Gardner Minshew type. But I would take that all day for a 5th rd QB.  That would be a hit on a draft pick, IMO.

The history is what the history is for QBs in the late rounds.  Occasionally you get a unicorn like Brady, or maybe a Matt Hasselbeck, but even then you're having to go back 20+ years.  

Edited by justice98

21 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This blows my mind.  Sam Howell has never has a steak.  Someone grill that guy a Delmonico. Stat.

Or he's never had a burger.  

I feel sorry for Grant Paulsen's underwear.  

Anyway, I'm not sure if not having a steak or a burger is something to brag about.  It certainly doesn't make him interesting.  Makes me feel sad for him.  

• Like 1

He just doesn’t eat red meat, it’s not that uncommon. I think never having even tried it at all while not being a vegetarian is the uncommon/weird part. But at his age not eating red meat itself isn’t that interesting or strange. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not too many inherited players left, is there? Way, Roullier, Holcomb, Reaves (who's been cut), Danny Johnson, Terry

Well, Allen, Payne and Sweat are also there.  

Basically the rest of the defense has been turned over, they did inherit Bostic, but he isn't here anymore.  They re-signed Fuller, but that was a 2020 signing.  

The OL is entirely new except for Rouiller. 

RB is entirely new.  WR is mostly new.  Terry was around, and Cam came in 2019, but he's more of a depth guy.  

TE is entirely new.

Starting DL is mostly holdovers + Young who was drafted.  

LBs are basically re-built except for Holcomb. 

Secondary is entirely new.

Most of the roster has been turned over.  They did have some good core guys who they kept.  

And there really aren't a lot of Comanthers who are expected to play big roles.  Starting LG, rotational DL, Samuel, and maybe a few depth guys.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyway, I'm not sure if not having a steak or a burger is something to brag about.  It certainly doesn't make him interesting.  Makes me feel sad for him.  

Why would you feel sad for him? That's absurd.

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

He just doesn’t eat red meat, it’s not that uncommon. I think never having even tried it at all while not being a vegetarian is the uncommon/weird part. But at his age not eating red meat itself isn’t that interesting or strange. 

There are so many of the best athletes that are vegan or plant based these days. It's awesome to see. I know he isn't, just sayin'.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why would you feel sad for him? That's absurd.

There are so many of the best athletes that are vegan or plant based these days. It's awesome to see. I know he isn't, just sayin'.

As a hamburger/steak enthusiast, I think he's missing out.  And I'm not here to vegetarian bash (I went vegetarian for three months last year), but he obviously eats meat if he's eating chicken.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

As a hamburger/steak enthusiast, I think he's missing out.  And I'm not here to vegetarian bash (I went vegetarian for three months last year), but he obviously eats meat if he's eating chicken.  

I know he isn't.

I mostly don't eat red meat anymore either. A few times a year, I'll break down and get some ribs, but it's been a long, long time since I had a hamburger or a steak. It's really not hard giving them up. You really don't miss it.

• Like 1

Howell probably grew up on chicken tenders like the rest of his generation. My daughter dated a very religious guy. He was also a vegan. She said she was willing to convert to his religion, but couldn't imagine giving up meat. She ended it. That's my girl. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I mostly don't eat red meat anymore either. A few times a year, I'll break down and get some ribs, but it's been a long, long time since I had a hamburger or a steak. It's really not hard giving them up. You really don't miss it.

You really don't. Especially when you see how good you feel. Bragging about eating it, is akin to bragging about being a heavy smoker or morbidly obese anymore.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Grant Paulson's underwear?

Shame on you for putting that image in my head... SHAAAAAAMMMMEEEE!!!

I'm past 25 I and have never in my life had steak or alcohol. Steak was always too expensive for my family to justify buying. For alcohol, I was always a square and never had it before 21. By that point, I asked myself if I really want to acquire new tastes that I can rarely afford or could grow excessively fond of. At the moment, the answer is still no, but the curiosity remains.

21 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm past 25 I and have never in my life had steak or alcohol. Steak was always too expensive for my family to justify buying. For alcohol, I was always a square and never had it before 21. By that point, I asked myself if I really want to acquire new tastes that I can rarely afford or could grow excessively fond of. At the moment, the answer is still no, but the curiosity remains.

An offer of Free range organic venison is being reserved just for you Nicky.

• Haha 1