Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

Dotson Week 2 Update!

Jahan Dotson - 7 catches for 99 yards, 3 TD's.

*I'll delete the trash talk concerning those of you who wanted other receivers...for NOW!

Chris Olave - 8 catches for 121 yards

Drake London - 13 catches for 160 yards, 1 TD

Garrett Wilson - 12 catches for 154 yards, 2 TD's

Treylon Burks - 3 catches for 55 yards (Needs Week 2 update)

Jameson Williams - Injured List

Our man still leads rookie receivers in TD's but others are starting to join the board.  Note, these are total stats for the season, not week to week.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

At the time, many people thought the Commanders were nuts to waste a 1st round draft pick on this guy if I recall correcty. Now he is NFL rookie of the week after his first game then this after his second NFL game! He really does need to settle down and learn that the NFL is a bigger stage than college football lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Jahan did that same beautiful move and cut inside, twice in the first two games. Surely the Eagles see it on tape. I think this Sunday, he should do the exact same move but this time, cut outside instead of inside. The db ( remembering film ) would immediately bite and take an inside step. At that point, he'd be cooked already. A decent pass and Jahan catches it for another touchdown! Woohoo! Yeehaw!

Well, this was a tough week but I'm not going to shy away from this even when it doesn't go well.

Dotson Week 3 Update.

Jahan Dotson - 9 catches for 109 yards, 3 TD's.

*Other receivers people wanted:

Chris Olave - 17 catches for 268 yards

Drake London - 16 catches for 214 yards, 2 TD

Garrett Wilson - 18 catches for 214 yards, 2 TD's

Treylon Burks - 8 catches for 115 yards

So after three weeks, he's got similar output to Burks but still leads rookies in TD grabs.  I didn't see the 3/4 of the game, I've discovered golf is normally a less painful way to spend a Sunday.  I saw that Dotson was targeted eight times but only had two catches.  I don't know if the fault was on him or Wentz, but I'd love to see better than 25% success on his targets.

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

Well, this was a tough week but I'm not going to shy away from this even when it doesn't go well.

Dotson Week 3 Update.

Jahan Dotson - 9 catches for 109 yards, 3 TD's.

Chris Olave - 17 catches for 268 yards

Drake London - 16 catches for 214 yards, 2 TD

Garrett Wilson - 18 catches for 214 yards, 2 TD's

Treylon Burks - 8 catches for 115 yards

So after three weeks, he's got similar output to Burks but still leads rookies in TD grabs.  I didn't see the 3/4 of the game, I've discovered golf is normally a less painful way to spend a Sunday.  I saw that Dotson was targeted eight times but only had two catches.  I don't know if the fault was on him or Wentz, but I'd love to see better than 25% success on his targets.

Yes Dotson is a talent for sure but once again, people jumped the gun a little without realizing the organization the plays for

Edited by dyst

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Tough matchup going against Slay/Bradberry. They shut down Justin Jefferson Week 2. 

Olave was the guy I loved and he was awesome yesterday, but I have no issues with Dotson. Its just a shame the guy we also got in the trade down in Mathis got hurt. 

That’s incorrect.  Mathis was from our original picks.  NO gave us their first (Dotson), third (Robinson), and fourth picks for #11 (Olave). The fourth was packaged with our sixth to get two fifths (Howell and Turner).

9 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

This was a wasted pick not saying Dotson isn’t good but we really needed help elsewhere the offense woulda been fine trotting out Samuel mclaurin and carter (whom they let go for whatever reason) 

Depending on Samuel’s health and extending McLaurin were not certainties heading into the draft.  They nailed the pick.  Though I would have been pleased with Olave without the trade back.

26 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

That’s incorrect.  Mathis was from our original picks.  NO gave us their first (Dotson), third (Robinson), and fourth picks for #11 (Olave). The fourth was packaged with our sixth to get two fifths (Howell and Turner).

You're right. 

Hopefully Robinson can come in and ball out. Dotson + Robinson I think will eventually > Olave. 

Dotson Week 4 Update.

Jahan Dotson - 12 catches for 152 yards, 4 TD's.

Chris Olave - 21 catches for 335 yards, 1 TD

Drake London - 18 catches for 231 yards, 2 TD

Garrett Wilson - 20 catches for 255 yards, 2 TD's

Treylon Burks - 10 catches for 129 yards

All the rookie WR on this list played the early so this was a faster update.  Obviously, I don't expect things to continue the same way for the entire season, but 48 catches for 608 yards and 16 TD's would be a really weird WR statistical line.

Anyway, it was a pretty quiet week. Other than Dotson, only Olave had a TD, his first of the season.  I'm not complaining about Dotson catching TD's, but I would love to see him put up a game where he has more than three catches and start piling on the yardage as well.  Guess I'll take what I can get though.