Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

26 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Could we sign Collins now or do we have to wait until June 1st in order to get the cap savings?

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

June, so we can sign him with the money we refused to pay him with.. :ols:

I think we can do it anytime. Pretty sure Fletcher Cox was made a post June 1st cut then re-signed soon after. All we would need to do is accommodate the cap hit pre June 1st.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I think we can do it anytime. Pretty sure Fletcher Cox was made a post June 1st cut then re-signed soon after. All we would need to do is accommodate the cap hit pre June 1st.

True - we can definitely fit him in sooner than later.  On the other hand, while I think the wait is about other suitors/the market, I could see the team wanting to hold off on spending cap on him in case of other signings - whether it’s signing current FAs (starting in May so they don’t affect the comp pick(s)) or the post-draft cuts.

4 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

You should be BLAMING Jack Kent Cooke!

As great of an owner that he was, his decision to not give the team to his son , led us to that guy that is destroying the franchise, piece by piece 😡😡😡

Question, did he leave it to him but JohnKC wanted nothing to do with it, I thought.  I do not know.

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

It's an April Fools joke.

What is?  Your avatar looks very real!!!  Maybe not all of it, heheheheh

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No. He left it to a trust; who was obligated to sell it to the highest bidder. John boy couldn’t compete.

Wow, that is nasty.  Its ok, Its going to be sweeter when he is forced to sell.

7 minutes ago, sebestian said:

What is?  Your avatar looks very real!!!  Maybe not all of it, heheheheh

Yeah, Jack didn’t want his son to have it or else he would’ve left him the team or make us easier for his son to get the team.

8 minutes ago, sebestian said:

John was supposed to be able to compete. Jack set it up this way as an estate planning strategy and John was really supposed to own the team but not via a taxable event (which would have forced John to sell anyway). Of course,football teams became crazy valuable at the time of execution so things did not go according to plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

Question, did he leave it to him but JohnKC wanted nothing to do with it, I thought.  I do not know.

No, he wanted the team sold and the money to go to some charity?

His son made a bid for the team but came in 3rd.

Even Snyder wasn’t supposed to be the controlling owner.

6 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

No, he wanted the team sold and the money to go to some charity?

His son made a bid for the team but came in 3rd.

Even Snyder wasn’t supposed to be the controlling owner.

You have got to be kidding me!  That is unbelievable.  I am all for charity, I mean big time, but to sell a sports franchise and donate all the money, when you have siblings, I mean, oh my goodness.  

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Calling Shenanigans on their grades.  In no way shape or form is Jamal Adams worse, even if it's just slightly, than Collins at pass rushing.  Adams ability to read how the pocket is breaking down, the QB movement, and him changing his rush is something most Edge players can't do.  The guy's got a natural gift for pass rushing.

2021 was a stupid year for the Seahawks defensive scheme.  They've got a new DC in 2022.  I'd expect Adams to get back to having more freedom as a blitzer, and for them to actually blitz him.  They blitzed him the lowest amount of his career, and all of the blitzes felt either poorly designed, or had him stick to a rush lane for an overload.  Just blegh scheme.

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Calling Shenanigans on their grades.  In no way shape or form is Jamal Adams worse, even if it's just slightly, than Collins at pass rushing.  Adams ability to read how the pocket is breaking down, the QB movement, and him changing his rush is something most Edge players can't do.  The guy's got a natural gift for pass rushing.

2021 was a stupid year for the Seahawks defensive scheme.  They've got a new DC in 2022.  I'd expect Adams to get back to having more freedom as a blitzer, and for them to actually blitz him.  They blitzed him the lowest amount of his career, and all of the blitzes felt either poorly designed, or had him stick to a rush lane for an overload.  Just blegh scheme.

That was their grade versus saying who is the best pass rusher.  But IMO Collins is a reallly good pass rusher as I've mentioned many times over the years but we don't rush him much.   As far as them explaining the context of their grade and bumping him for Seattle scheme's etc last year, they'd do it an article as opposed to grading him up on a curve. 

If you go for example through their draft grades, their top graded players aren't always their top choices.  Because they factor context in their ranking as for who they believe is the best.

Landon has and will always be a liability when it comes to coverage. He did play better in coverage as a hybrid last year compared to safety. I think we need to move on from him regardless of how cheap we can sign him for. 

Im seeing more and more mocks where Kyle Hamilton may fall  to #11. So question if he is there and Drake London/Garrett Wilson are also there, who do you take? I understand having a 6’5 receiver will excite the fans more but can you really pass on a guy who is maybe a Sean Taylor mini me? Yes he ran a 4.7 but that’s adequate at safety especially at strong and you can put Kam back at free. I know we signed Bobby for 2 years but he could play a bit of corner or Hamilton could play the hybrid lb role. 

I believe Jack likes having interchangeable players, not just one guy one position.