Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This used to be us.  For a decade.  It hasn't really been true for a decade, but people still think it's true.

It's nice to see another team draw this fire for once.

It's like they're tired of having the first overall pick or something.  Haha.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This used to be us.  For a decade.  It hasn't really been true for a decade, but people still think it's true.

It's nice to see another team draw this fire for once.

True, but I think Jax is doing the right thing, at least in theory. If you are going to sign a big FA, then go all in an sign a couple. If you have a big FA leaving (I.E. Scherff), then dont cancel out your comp pick by signing a FA.

I’d inquire with Jacksonville about what Laviska Shenault would cost right now. They just replaced him in the slot with Christian Kirk at BIG money, and he’s the type of dude Turner could get creative with as an all-around weapon who can also run the ball. Just a bad fit in Jax, but still on his rookie deal. Potential YAC machine 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is extremely overblown his hands aren’t nearly that bad. He’s acquired the bust label and the bad hands label but neither are really accurate. No, he won’t have elite hands. He also won’t cost elite money and you know he can excel as a big slot.

Have not heard anything about him being a headcase, that would matter to me. Details? 

I heard Engram is gonna have multiple teams interested in him as a slot receiver? That tells me he has good hands and decent speed. I saw him play some last season and his hands look fine, he just didn't get much work because of the QB situation there. I know he made the pro bowl last year and I was pissed because Logan Thomas had better numbers and many more TD's than Engram did. Wentz loves him some TE's and I believe he'd like having Evan Engram. This would cause teams in our division to have matchup issues with our two TE sets. 

Joy Taylor on The Herd and is from Pittsburgh said Steelers fans are going nutz over the Trubisky signing, that Rudolph is better, why make that move, it's stupid, blah, blah, blah.

Sound familiar? 😂

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is extremely overblown his hands aren’t nearly that bad. He’s acquired the bust label and the bad hands label but neither are really accurate. No, he won’t have elite hands. He also won’t cost elite money and you know he can excel as a big slot.

Have not heard anything about him being a headcase, that would matter to me. Details? 

Alright maybe head case is overblown but he has zero football confidence and always good for a mental breakdown. Ask any Giants fan how often he gets booed! Maybe a change in scenery will make him better but would only be willing to sign him to a rather modest deal. I would rather stick w Bates and Reyes till Logan comes back. 

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Alright maybe head case is overblown but he has zero football confidence and always good for a mental breakdown. Ask any Giants fan how often he gets booed! Maybe a change in scenery will make him better but would only be willing to sign him to a rather modest deal. I would rather stick w Bates and Reyes till Logan comes back. 

Reyes is not an NFL player yet, if he ever will be.

I agree that the contract would need to be modest for me to be interested. Not near what Ertz got. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

Resigning Troy Apke really moved the needle for us. 

Must be since Wentz loweted our SB odds.

I figured that happened because it proved that we 100% wouldn't be getting Watson, but I never saw anyone else say the same.  Who knows.

Edited by Bifflog

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Samuel is the slot.  Wouldn't mind re-signing Humphries for cheap.

I love Olave opposite McClaurin. He runs great routes and would be a good fit for Wentz as he can throw a good deep ball. They are also friends. There are other players I like but they are unlikely to fall to 11. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2