Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I guess that's why I'm interested in the competing offers, because while the career is short and this is probably the last chance to cash in on a huge deal - it's still a whole hell of a lot of money any way you chop it up.

For example, let's just pretend it looked like this for Scherff:

• Bengals offer 4yr, 17MM/apy for a total of $68MM, $50MM guaranteed
  • Jags offer 4 yr, $18MM/apy for a total of $72MM, $54MM guaranteed

Obviously, $4MM isn't peanuts - but is it worth going to play for the team with a top pick because they are perennial losers vs. a team coming off a Super Bowl with a proven QB and weapons?

Again, I don't even know that the Bengals offered him a deal.  I'd just be curious to see what the competing offers look like, because for me - it's a few million, I'm going to the most competitive team, with a proven QB.

I don't disagree. If the money is close (and what that means is subjective) I would absolutely look at other factors - what City (will my wife/family have any preferences in that regard), is it a team that can compete, what is ownership/front office and especially coaching like (and are they on the hot seat). Lots of things go into the decision, but it comes down to money.

On a much smaller scale I have an interesting opportunity I am looking at, but it would likely mean moving to Michigan. Neither I or my wife are excited about that  - but there is a number above which we will do it!

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

The problem with rookie receivers is that there's a low success rate.

Is that still the case though? With the prevalence of lots of College type concepts in NFL offenses (RPO's/spread concepts) the transition is maybe not as steep. I have not seen any stats on this but it would be interesting to look at. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

So relieved we’re ridding ourselves of scherff. Did the numbers come out on his contract? 

I could have sworn that when I looked at our cap after trading for wentz that we had something like $5m remaining. Cutting Landon helps, but I imagine we’re working with maybe $15m give or take. Not much.

give me one stud, either ILB or FS. Quality over quantity.

I hate that the cowboys signed Gallup to such a good deal.

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The problem with rookie receivers is that there's a low success rate.

Honest question. Are they? I feel like there used to be a two to four year period to get them ready in the NFL. But with spread O in college and NFL. I feel like they are more ready and the jump is more easy. Feel like success rate went up a lot. 

Edit: see now MartinC said the same

Edited by wilco_holland
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Joy Taylor on The Herd and is from Pittsburgh said Steelers fans are going nutz over the Trubisky signing, that Rudolph is better, why make that move, it's stupid, blah, blah, blah.

Sound familiar? 😂

Yep. And even if it didn't I can get behind watching Joy Taylor saying it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Honest question. Are they? I feel like there used to be a two to four year period to get them ready in the NFL. But with spread O in college and NFL. I feel like they are more ready and the jump is more easy. Feel like success rate went up a lot. 

Well, I know one thing for sure...we suck at drafting WR's....except for Terry.    I like a lot of the WR's in this draft...especially in round 2-3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Mo-Alie Cox re-signed with the Colts.

Here is the link Colts, Mo Alie-Cox agree to three-year deal - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Coly McCoy resigns with Cardinals.  Always like him for that Monday night game at Dallas.

Link ; 

ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg

Colt McCoy is returning to the Cardinals on a two-year, $7.5 million deal, including $6 million fully guaranteed at signing, per source

Sorry, the posts were merged.
Edited by sebestian

I say this every year, deals that are agreed to right away aren't usually high value signings.  Our first big money signing last year was Fitz, not a very good return on investment.  Samuels either.   WJ3 didn't live up to his deal either.   The cheaper, mid tier contracts are where we have done well in recent years, so let's get the high priced guys out of the way first.  

Only high priced guy I want is Wagner and he is still out there.  Not sure what to expect with hicks contract.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1