Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Still need a premier acquisition on D in my opinion. They’ll want a top signing to parade alongside Wentz. 

I think so, If part of the game is to generate some excitement with a team bleeding fans.  I like the Wentz signing but I admit its not hard to miss that its not a winning PR move as far as I can tell with casual fans and the local media certainly isn't helping by continually trashing the move. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The difference was according to that NY writer, Trubisky wanted to start, Giants weren't going to promise that

I really think that is a strong indication that the Steelers are going hard after Willis in the draft and they know he’s 18-24 months off being ready. So Trubisky gets the 2022 start and you go from there.

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Do you think he makes the roster?  I figure Rudolph is safe as the #2 considering they played him over Haskins last year.  

I think they draft Willis now as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Conn said:

We don’t need to do any of that before agreeing to contracts, that’s false. We can make moves and then make restructures/cuts etc. after we know what we’re making room for, there’s a window. 

What's the window?  I was under the impression when the league year starts, everything had to be correct on the books.  FA is the start of the league year right?

25 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Panthers and Texans doing a lot of work today... wondering if a D Watson and CMC, plus picks and players trade happens today 

I could see this as the Texans granted him permission to talk to the Panthers and Saints, the trade of Watson is coming soon.

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

What's the window?  I was under the impression when the league year starts, everything had to be correct on the books.  FA is the start of the league year right?

Wednesday is the start of the league year. These are all deals in principle for 2 days.

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

NFLN reported this morning a team just have to have their caps in order by Wednesday

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

It actually starts March 16th. But they only need to be under the CAP by the rule of 51. Makes it a bit easier. 

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I really think that is a strong indication that the Steelers are going hard after Willis in the draft and they know he’s 18-24 months off being ready. So Trubisky gets the 2022 start and you go from there.

I think they draft Willis now as well.

Definite trade down option

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Landry and our old friend Jamison Crowder wouldn't be crazy IMO if they can get them cheap.  Wentz's sweet spot is intermediate throws in between the numbers or deep posts.  The intermediate stuff is up both Landry and Crowder's alley. 

Disagree.  We need an outside WR.  

Same thing was alluded to if I recall in Keim's podcast this morning unless i am confusing his for Standig?   Which was Trubisky's camp was shook by thew Wentz move because they liked the fit with the Commanders.

But I notice some of our local radio guys enjoy the narrative that even Trubisky would have turned us down.  

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

They can use both.  Who is the inside receiver?  Milne?   Landry plays both anyway.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Same thing was alluded to if I recall in Keim's podcast this morning unless i am confusing his for Standig?   Which was Trubisky's camp was shook by thew Wentz move because they liked the fit with the Commanders.

But I notice some of our local radio guys enjoy the narrative that even Trubisky would have turned us down.  

They can use both.  Who is the inside receiver?  Milne?  

Samuel is the slot.  Wouldn't mind re-signing Humphries for cheap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I hope we get someone with size and speed to be the other wide out. Let Samuel play the slot and Brown be the 4. I really like Cedric Wilson from Dallas...6'2, shouldn't break the bank. Seems like he'd be good here. I know 6'2 isn't overly tall but he's not short. 

Born: November 20, 1995 (age 26 years), Memphis, TN
Height: 6′ 2″
Current team: Dallas Cowboys (#1 / Wide receiver)
Date joined: 2018 (Dallas Cowboys)
Receiving touchdowns: 8
Receiving yards: 837

45 catches, 600 yds, 6 TD's this past season for Dallas.....

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Samuel is the slot.  Wouldn't mind re-signing Humphries for cheap.

Hopefully Samuel is healthy.  But I recall Turner saying his intention is to move Samuel around and play inside and outside.  Landry ironically ditto -- also plays inside and out.  I am looking for cheap WRs -- hard to tell granted on some of these contracts who ends up cheap or not including Landry.  But that's why I said "if cheap." 

12 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Two more days until the new league year, we’re in a “tampering period” that they invented a couple years ago since no one was waiting anyways and tons of deals were being reported and signed right at midnight. Daytime is much better for business and staying in the prime time media cycle lol

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I hope we get someone with size and speed to be the other wide out. Let Samuel play the slot and Brown be the 4. I really like Cedric Wilson from Dallas...6'2, shouldn't break the bank. Seems like he'd be good here. I know 6'2 isn't overly tall but he's not short. 

Born: November 20, 1995 (age 26 years), Memphis, TN
Height: 6′ 2″
Current team: Dallas Cowboys (#1 / Wide receiver)
Date joined: 2018 (Dallas Cowboys)
Receiving touchdowns: 8
Receiving yards: 837

45 catches, 600 yds, 6 TD's this past season for Dallas.....

Yeah Cedric Wilson is a player I mentioned a few times weeks back.  Wonder though if Dallas looks to bring him back now with Cooper leaving?   

Having said that this draft is stacked at receiver so to me its not a must FA get. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Garafolo on NFLN just said since Landry has been released and not traded, teams are blowing up the phone to his agent.  Sounds like he'll have his pick of teams.

Sounds like the browns screwed up and could have traded him.

13 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Need an X and a slot.  But its very deep draft at WR - no need to throw big contracts around at that position in free agency. Samuels should be healthy and hes a $12M cap number and we need to extend Terry as well which will put him in the $20M per bracket. Need to use the draft to find another weapon.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1