Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curtis Samuel in 2022?

Giddy4Gibson

8 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

Are there any videos of Samuel in action in OTA's?  I take what I read with a grain of salt.  I wanna see him in and out of breaks before I believe he's full go.  

Now, I dont know why Curtis would take up gymnastics in the offseason...  OUT 10-12 weeks

giphy.gif

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Now, I dont know why Curtis would take up gymnastics in the offseason...  OUT 10-12 weeks

giphy.gif

You sure that isn't Josh Norman taking things up a level after jumping over a bull?

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 1:28 PM, Koolblue13 said:

He really is fun to watch. That video had to start and end with us, didn't it?  :ols:

That look of despair by Danny Johnson at the end of the clip made Chump Bailey wax nostalgic. The only mark against him was that he forgot the patented Chump Bailey hand clap.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

With Terry now happily in the fold and Jahan showing out whilst being thrown into the deep end at OTA's and minicamp, Samuel is the X-factor.  Would be an amazing bit of fortune if he can return to his Panthers form...

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 1/13/2022 at 11:50 PM, Giddy4Gibson said:

So do you guys think Samuel is going to give us anything next year? Is he a legit #2 WR in today's NFL? 

Curtis is our wildcard the guy is very talented and is the best run after the catch WR on the team,if he can stay on the field Turner can utilize him in so many different ways...

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:03 AM, ntotoro said:

Do NFL players usually come back well from groin injuries? I can't remember any, but will accept optimism from examples... 🤣

I seem to remember Santana Moss always having to deal with groin injury flare-ups, but I could be wrong. His problems may not have been as bad as Samuels' though...

11 hours ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I seem to remember Santana Moss always having to deal with groin injury flare-ups, but I could be wrong. His problems may not have been as bad as Samuels' though...

Explosive athletes tear muscles. It happens to everyone and sometimes the core muscle injuries need surgery and take a long time to get back to 100%. Samuel has had hamstring injury twice and sports hernia (groin surgery) which would key any trainer to require the athlete to report any and all muscle related abnormalities no matter how minor. That's standard protocol at the highest level. No reason to believe he's injured, or re-injured his groin or hammy. Samuels says I feel tight, off you go boy, done...see ya in camp!. Normal. 

Edited by TheShredder
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

A new season, a new Curtis Samuel watch begins. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/01/commanders-have-some-concern-about-curtis-samuels-conditioning/

Wide receiver Curtis Samuel was limited to five games in his first season with the Commanders and the start to this year’s training camp hasn’t done much to inspire confidence that he’ll be roaring back in 2022.

Samuel was working on a side field on Monday and head coach Ron Rivera said that call was made because the team has “some concern as far as just his overall football conditioning and shape” after reporting to camp. Rivera also said that Samuel’s hamstrings and lower back were tight, but did his best to allay any fears that Samuel will be spending more time on the shelf than on the field again this season.

“The ultimate goal is really the regular season more than anything else,” Rivera said, via Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post. “This has nothing to do with last year’s groin injury or anything like that. This is just about the plan for him specifically.”

How quick is Dyami Brown?  Does he have any of the same traits where he could slip into whatever role is/was planned for Samuel?  I am quickly giving up hope that Samuel is going to contribute anywhere close of what was expected when signed here.  I'm just a fan, this could all be premature talk by me of course, and based mostly on his injury from last year, but it seems like Rivera & the team are being so vague about exactly what the issue with HURTis Samuel, that it can't be 100% believed on face value at this time. 

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Cut him.

Put him on IR and send him home...

Of course I'm kidding, but I'm ready to move on, he's too fragile and we can't baby him through every season hoping against all rationality that he might be healthy.

"Samuel was working on a side field on Monday and head coach Ron Rivera said that call was made because the team has “some concern as far as just his overall football conditioning and shape” after reporting to camp. Rivera also said that Samuel’s hamstrings and lower back were tight, but did his best to allay any fears that Samuel will be spending more time on the shelf than on the field again this season."

I wonder if they broke out Malcom Kelly's exercise bike for this occasion. 

august-8-redskins-wr-malcolm-kelly-rides

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

How quick is Dyami Brown?  Does he have any of the same traits where he could slip into whatever role is/was planned for Samuel?  I am quickly giving up hope that Samuel is going to contribute anywhere close of what was expected when signed here.  I'm just a fan, this could all be premature talk by me of course, and based mostly on his injury from last year, but it seems like Rivera & the team are being so vague about exactly what the issue with HURTis Samuel, that it can't be 100% believed on face value at this time. 

if you are looking for Samuels replacement on the roster then its most likely Gibson with the rookie RB taking on more load on the ground 

4 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

if you are looking for Samuels replacement on the roster then its most likely Gibson with the rookie RB taking on more load on the ground 

Yeah, it's not going to take much to replace 6 catches for 27 yards. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

If someone jumped off a bridge would you then also jump off that bridge?

What would be the point in hurting the team's cap space? I can't see a reason to make it harder to re-sign Montez Sweat or Curl or Holcomb by cutting Samuel.

Not a good analogy when it comes to Washington. Being like other teams might not be a bad idea.