Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Legend of Taylor Heinicke at Jerruh's Aluminum Bench Emporium

TK
Message added by TK,

1278913746_ScreenShot2021-12-26at11_27_34PM.thumb.png.eadce47d9c4bfd0539232df16559eea5.png

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Gibbs 2 did not fail. He went to the playoffs 2 of the 4 years. He was not as successful as gibbs1 but he was no t a failure

True, but, his time was cut short due to Sean's death.  That hurt him deeply.  Had he stayed it might have been better, because he was a legend in Washington and I don't think Dan meddled with him as much as the others.  Even Shotty wasn't a failure.  He only had 1 season here and went 8-8.  Still, the other coaches come in with high hopes and we end up with the Swinging Gate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Diggs dove and grabbed or hit Terry’s foot with his hand. PI all the way. Find a replay at some point and you’ll see. 

doesn’t make a difference in the game’s outcome, but Diggs decided to tackle the receiver to prevent the TD. 9/10 times that’s PI. 

Mclaurin  tripped over himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Diggs dove and grabbed or hit Terry’s foot with his hand. PI all the way. Find a replay at some point and you’ll see. 

doesn’t make a difference in the game’s outcome, but Diggs decided to tackle the receiver to prevent the TD. 9/10 times that’s PI. 

Their feet got tangled. That is NEVER called as PI. Get a clue.

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I've always said he's the main reason for all of it. But when the team is on the field, they still need to show up and perform. I get tired of seeing people complain on the gameday thread about the refs, or the owner. Toxic culture or not, they need to do their jobs. And tonight, they are completely embarrassing themselves with their play, not with the culture.   

They are showing up and performing. We're watching people come off the street who have never played a down of NFL football. We're also watching a UDFA quarterback **** his pants because the defense is stacking the box and knows he can't hit a WR 30 yards deep in stride.

• Like 2

Just now, NickyJ said:

They are showing up and performing. We're watching people come off the street who have never played a down of NFL football. We're also watching a UDFA quarterback **** his pants because the defense is stacking the box and knows he can't hit a WR 30 yards deep in stride.

We had a LB that literally didn't even have a Sunday Night Football intro recorded.

• Like 5

Just now, aszumilo said:

True, but, his time was cut short due to Sean's death.  That hurt him deeply.  Had he stayed it might have been better, because he was a legend in Washington and I don't think Dan meddled with him as much as the others.  Even Shotty wasn't a failure.  He only had 1 season here and went 8-8.  Still, the other coaches come in with high hopes and we end up with the Swinging Gate.

I think Gibbs 2 was more of a case of him wanting to come back to try and maximize what he could in the moment rather than create another Gibbs 1.0 run attempt. Without either a young QB to develop or finding an available proven vet that wouldn't cost the house to bring in, I don't think Gibbs 2.0 wanted to saddle up for the uncertainty that was coming with Brunell's final snaps. 

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Can we please stop saying that about teams that beat us? We're not great, but lets not pretend we're even close to full strength.

I dont care how bad we are. Dak diced us up for 321 yards and 4TD's in the first half. You have to give them some credit as well.

2 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

I think the biggest mistake that Danny ever made was firing Schottenheimer.  That team was getting it together.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1