Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Legend of Taylor Heinicke at Jerruh's Aluminum Bench Emporium

TK
Message added by TK,

1278913746_ScreenShot2021-12-26at11_27_34PM.thumb.png.eadce47d9c4bfd0539232df16559eea5.png

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I want to see Rivera get his QB first and have a legitimate chance. You can't really evaluate any coach without one.

27 minutes ago, Burgold said:

From a different perspective that we won six games and were serious playoff contenders despite the injuries and playing the whole season with a back up QB is pretty impressive. I think that's one of the reasons that the D frustrates me so much more than the O. The O started the year minus their QB, their top tight end, and the guy that was supposed to be their number two receiver. The D should have been so much better than it was.

It's easy to forget Burgold's point. We never got to see Rivera's vision for this offense. 

Fitzpatrick was supposed to be the bridge until the franchise quarterback was acquired.  In theory Fitz gave them some time to find that guy.  He was an NFL veteran who was going to have a bunch of tools at his disposal, including a playmaking slot guy to take pressure off of Terry and an emerging star at tight end. 

But **** happens.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

I had this fight with a couple people in here last night. According to them, the fact that Taylor can't properly place the ball on deep throws has nothing to do with his arm strength. He simply needs to place the ball better on deep throws, somehow. The fact that the bad placement on deep throws is always a short throw that the WR has to make an amazing comeback catch attempt on is just a crazy coincidence that has nothing to do with arm strength.

His accuracy is a suspect sometimes on his deep throws. If he had properly thrown to Terry's right where he was the only one who could catch it that has a TD and everyone and their mother would be like that is my QB. End of story. 

40 minutes ago, Burgold said:

From a different perspective that we won six games and were serious playoff contenders despite the injuries and playing the whole season with a back up QB is pretty impressive. I think that's one of the reasons that the D frustrates me so much more than the O. The O started the year minus their QB, their top tight end, and the guy that was supposed to be their number two receiver. The D should have been so much better than it was.

I agree with this.

This offense pretty much went off the rails when we lost our starting QB Fitzpatrick in the first game. We lost our starting TE in Thomas, and never really had our #2 WR in Curtis Samuel.

The defense was relatively healthy at the start of the year, and really just disappointed.

• Like 1

Just gonna leave this here. No particular reason, but if anyone happens to look at it and see what a really good arm looks like that’s cool too. Can help to have a point of comparison, and this is essentially top of the league:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The defense was relatively healthy at the start of the year, and really just disappointed.

Young in particular was disappointing. But they were starting to improve before the injuries set in. Allen took off this year, which is great to see. I really want to see what happens next year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Young in particular was disappointing. But they were starting to improve before the injuries set in. Allen took off this year, which is great to see. I really want to see what happens next year.

About half a foot away from Payne being in orbit and meeting you there early… :ols:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Just gonna leave this here. No particular reason, but if anyone happens to look at it and see what a really good arm looks like that’s cool too. Can help to have a point of comparison, and this is essentially top of the league:

I remember on this board when his wildly atrocious mechanics on these throws would’ve been scrutinized. Impressive barn strength though. 

Is he available? ;) Is the comp Malik Willis?