Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: Is There A Mercy Rule?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. It IS the pre-designed question but the answer is most likely in no doubt.

5 hours ago, Bloodytusk said:

If we have an injured Gibson I think it’s a loss. It’s a shame since, other then the turnovers, the cowboys really weren’t that scary last game and I felt good about a rematch.

I disagree but I feel like some people on our roster did some bad things to Scott. Sims, Patterson, Williams, and others have shown they should get more snaps but are not. I don't know why but Gibson is not having the year Scott thinks he is. He needs to get less carries and is not that good. I think there is decent talent behind him, maybe on that Rob Kelley level but that's good enough sometimes. I kinda want us to sit Gibson just to show Scott that we have other guys. 

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I disagree but I feel like some people on our roster did some bad things to Scott. Sims, Patterson, Williams, and others have shown they should get more snaps but are not. I don't know why but Gibson is not having the year Scott thinks he is. He needs to get less carries and is not that good. I think there is decent talent behind him, maybe on that Rob Kelley level but that's good enough sometimes. I kinda want us to sit Gibson just to show Scott that we have other guys. 

I would be happy if your scenario plays out. Wasn’t it Williams that came in during the Dallas game after Gibson fumbled that ran the ball on that scoring drive pretty well. (Grant it the cowboys were prob in prevent because they thought it was garbage time but even so it was nice). I was expecting to see more of him in the Philly game.

4 hours ago, Bloodytusk said:

I would be happy if your scenario plays out. Wasn’t it Williams that came in during the Dallas game after Gibson fumbled that ran the ball on that scoring drive pretty well. (Grant it the cowboys were prob in prevent because they thought it was garbage time but even so it was nice). I was expecting to see more of him in the Philly game.

I like Scott but I have to wonder what's going through his mind. I don't have any kind of crush on Patterson or Williams like it did on Bibbs or Mack, but I have the same frustration that we're not playing them (and Sims). And I'm not even saying that they're the better players but I think they add a spell to the offense when the lead back isn't working. It's frustrating. 

Dal@ss offense is average at best and they're not world beaters and it was proven in the first matchup. The issue again is their defense, especially their DL who are.  Parsons is a physical freak and game wrecker.  They don't have any answers for him, it's another beatdown like last time.

39 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Start Sammis and have him just lay a beatdown block on Parsons every play, no matter what the call. 

I’m not sure if Sammis is ready for a significant role, but man, I was thinking about spots our offense might have a personnel advantage and Sims (with his height and the added bonus of a bigger catch radius for Heinicke’s sake) and Sammis are the only two I can think of.  Well, that and finally having Scherff and Cosmi next to each other run blocking (especially if they get a TE or pulling guard to help).

Put Sammis and Bates on either side of the line and use PA (leaking a TE out), run the ball to the outside, or max protect to take some shots (double moves, wheel routes, etc.).  

I do not want to see empty backfield looks hoping TH can find a guy short - Dallas is going to key on short stuff and he’s not gonna have the time to go through 3-5 reads consistently. 

Dallas is going to do what overrated teams do and slog their way to victory against an under .500 divisional opponent that is going to be down about 40% (or more?) of it's starters......

Because it is Dallas and the game is on primetime, it will get the typical overreaction treatment.  I can already hear Michael Irvin declaring that Dallas is back on track and ready for the playoffs, and how dangerous they are.   Tony Dungy is going to be gargling on every Dak Prescott pass as if it's the greatest thing he's ever witnessed.   

At this point if Dallas doesn't score 35 and hold the WFT offense to 17, it should reflect bad on them more than anything. 

Edited by NoCalMike