Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: Is There A Mercy Rule?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. It IS the pre-designed question but the answer is most likely in no doubt.

When: December 26th  Primetime Game 7:00 P.M.

Where: The whorehouse a.k.a. AT&T Stadium

On yet another short week { F U Goodell } the WFT { or whoever is left } travels to Texas, where men are men and sheep are scared, to take on the Cowboys.

Being the WFT just played them it seems like a week ago, i'm gonna leave off the head-to head and stat stuff. Its probably for our own good. Lets just say its not pretty.

Dallas is coming off a win against the VaGiants, 21-6, in a game that was a bit confusing; it almost seemed like Dallas WANTED to lose, and they gave New York all the chances in the world but I guess the giants just didn't want it. Its all but a done deal, Dallas will end up winning the East, and all we can hope for is the typical 1st round bouncing that they usually get come postseason.

So, what do I say about the WFT?  This team has been jinxed. If it isn't Covid then it is constantly playing teams coming off a bye, fully rested, while players seem to be dropping like flies.  I thought the organization had a developmental facility with training staff?  It must be a couple people who do split shifts at Denny's, or the typical 'family hirings' that coaches seem to get away with.

So on an unprecedented Tuesday night, the WFT went up to Philadelphia and decided to bring THEIR benches? What brainchild thought of that brilliant idea? 

Anyway, the game actually started off pretty good. I do gotta say that Landon Collins made an exceptional interception off the heel of an Eagle TE. When I saw it in real time I thought to myself 'that was close to a pick off', and when the refs gathered, I knew it was. Washington went up 10-0 early in the first qtr, and things were looking ok, even for the run-heavy attack and scared ****less QB. 

Then the 2nd qtr started. 

The one thing this team lacks is the ability to step on the throat of an opponent when they're down, and sure enough the Eagles clawed their way back to tie it at 10-10 at halftime.

Now, the Eagles were by far nothing to fear as far as being a dominant team, but momentum is a mutha. They caught it and the WFT didn't, plain and simple. It looked as if every aspect other than special teams looked flaccid, lifeless. Yes, Covid had taken its toll but wow was this team utterly lifeless. Bland predictable play calling, a QB who didn't really show hardly any skills that a QB should, and a gimpy running back was the recipe for disaster. The Eagles took over the 2nd half and never looked back. Washington tried to make a game of it by scoring a TD  in the 4th to bring it to a 3 point game, but the Eagles drove right down the field and scored as well, and the rest was just a vision of pre-season.

So, now, again on yet another short week, the WFT has to hit the road heading to Dallas who will be foaming at the mouth to get their hands on Gilbert if Heinicke doesn't get back.

I actually wonder if Dan T. may finally get the score correct on this game, but backwards? It could be that kind of game; prime time on NBC, the entire nation watching after celebrating Christmas, but it will most likely be the Grinch visiting the WFT.

Will Dallas have mercy or adhere to bad karma? 

Who will be the QB for WFT ? 

Will there be anyone naive enough to pick the WFT to win?

These and many other questions will be answered in a matter of 96 hours, because the game will probably be out of reach at that point.

When the dust settles and the Covid tests come in,

WFT will not look like the same team from a month ago, by a long shot.

final score:

WFT 10

Dallas 42

First correct score prediction wins a Cooley Jersey and a black Redskins Hands High shirt size L.

Good luck, they will need it!

Edited by skins island connection

The only hope is that the Cowboys have shown a habit of overlooking opponents this year, particularly at home. See their games against the Broncos and Raiders. Their offense has also been in a bit of a slump.

With that said, I don't think they'll overlook us. We're a rival and they can officially clinch the NFC East at home on primetime.

Cowboys 31 WFT 13

• skins island connection changed the title to WFT vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: Is There A Mercy Rule?
11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The only hope is that the Cowboys have shown a habit of overlooking opponents this year, particularly at home. See their games against the Broncos and Raiders. Their offense has also been in a bit of a slump.

With that said, I don't think they'll overlook us. We're a rival and they can officially clinch the NFC East at home on primetime.

Cowboys 31 WFT 13

This is the score I'm predicting.  Beat me to it.  

46 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Hate to say this but can't see us winning another game, would love to win out but it's not going to happen. It's a top 7 draft pick for our Redskins. 

Cowpats 31

With the 7th pick of the 2022 NFL draft Redskins 20

HTTR 

We can beat the Giants. 

• Like 2

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I feel like McKissick was a bit of a lynchpin for us offensively.  Gave us better pass pro than our other backs, and is a better outlet/target in the pass game.  
Add in the loss of our top red zone threat (Thomas), a banged up Gibson, and having our 4th guard and 4th center in the starting lineup… I’ll be shocked if we score more than 17.   
With Fuller still out, Holcomb likely out (as far as I know), Collins either out or banged up… I’d be shocked if Dallas scores less than 27.  

I’m going 34-17 Dallas

• Like 1