Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Christmas movie

mojo

Without a doubt it’s the George C Scott version of ‘A Christmas Carol.’   I’d like to hear any alternative views but I would venture to say those folks consider Olive Garden the best Italian food they’ve ever had.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I like Christmas Vacation! It's hilarious. Chevy Chase trying to get the lights to work cracks me up. And the couple in the next house when the blast of light comes on is funny. 

Christmas with the Cranks is funny as their vacation plans are ruined and they have to scurry around getting their house ready has some great moments.

For us Lesbians, last years movie on Hulu Happiest Season was a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mojo said:

Without a doubt it’s the George C Scott version of ‘A Christmas Carol.’   I’d like to hear any alternative views but I would venture to say those folks consider Olive Garden the best Italian food they’ve ever had.

So close. Michael Caine > George C Scott. Therefore "The Muppet Christmas Carol" is actually the best Christmas movie of all time.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Die Hard. A Christmas Story

No further need for this thread.  Mods, feel free to close.

FTFY.

“An official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.” Classic!🎅🎄🎅🎄

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, mojo said:

The ghost of Jacob Marley is scarier than the Ghost of Christmas Future, change my mind.

In fact, the Ghost of Christmas Future is the ultimate hero of that story. He scared Scrooge in to having overwhelming empathy and gratitude, without saying a damn word. The best depiction of the Grim Reaper ever is in the GCS A Christmas Carol.

• Like 1

It’s Home Alone. Easily the funniest Christmas movie with a great cast and good message. 

A Christmas Story is a close second because it’s perfectly written, hilarious, and captures the childlike anxiety of trying to get what you want for Christmas 

I haven’t read the thread but I’m sure Die Hard has been mentioned already. It isn’t a Christmas movie and if you think it is, 95% chance you are a jackass with fragile masculinity that has to pick an action tough guy movie as your Christmas movie so you can feel manly. Get over yourself. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man