Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Santa Claus-Hating Mo-Fo's

skins island connection

Who wins?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wants it more?

22 hours ago, Nerm said:

I am going to be rooting hard for the WFT on Tuesday.  The Eagles sub on reddit this past week was so filled with classless fans laughing about Washington players getting covid,and talking about how funny it would be if Washington had to play without a QB.  Now they are outraged about the schedule change, and screaming how unfair it is to have to play on a short week next Sunday.  Just about every team in the league has had games 4 days apart this season.  Philly having only 5 days between games, after just getting 15 days off, is about the most unfair thing they can imagine.  I think they are just upset that they have to play against real NFL players.

WFT 17

Eagles 13

I was just coming over here to post this, these guys were saying that we didn't follow protocol, that the NFL is out to get them. Truth of the matter is, they wanted to play a scrub team because they know they can't beat us healthy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

I think you're kind of missing the point here. It's not that they're getting short rest, it's that their future opponent (in this case the Giants) is on full rest. When teams routinely play on four day's rest for a Thursday game, their opponent in that game is in the same situation so there is no advantage or disadvantage attached.

That's what the Eagles fans are annoyed with.

I’m confused, didn’t  the Cowbells play on a Thursday night and then play 10 days later on a Sunday and we played them on a Sunday after playing 7 days ago?

2 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

I’m confused, didn’t  the Cowbells play on a Thursday night and then play 10 days later on a Sunday and we played them on a Sunday after playing 7 days ago?

Yes, that happened. But it's hardly unprecedented for a team to have ten days before a game against a team with a full seven days. That happens a lot and isn't anything anyone gets worked up about. Heck, fourteen vs seven happens plenty. It's the five days vs seven days that's an issue. 

39 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

I think the WFT opponent has had more rest every week since Tampa. And that will continue through the next 2 games

Tampa didn’t have more rest than us. 

panthers didn’t either. 

seahawks didn’t either. 

it was since the raiders game. 

as for our game against Dallas next weekend, hard to really get mad about that, cause if not for Covid, we would’ve had the same amount of rest as Dallas, and didn’t almost all of us want the game today to be moved, thus giving us less rest as the effect? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Tampa didn’t have more rest than us. 

panthers didn’t either. 

seahawks didn’t either. 

it was since the raiders game. 

as for our game against Dallas next weekend, hard to really get mad about that, cause if not for Covid, we would’ve had the same amount of rest as Dallas, and didn’t almost all of us want the game today to be moved, thus giving us less rest as the effect? 

Yeah my bad. It's only 4 weeks in a row with less prep time instead of 6.  Tough to feel bad for Philly having to suck up that one week... for a game against the last place Giants. 

The bit with the Tampa game was the week after the off week playing another team that also had an off week so no benefit to the off week

But really the Dallas game doesn't matter... the 2 Philly games and Giants game do

Edited by Redskins Diehard
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

But really the Dallas game doesn't matter... the 2 Philly games and Giants game do

Yeah if we beat Philly I'd just punt the Dallas game to be honest. Rest as many guys as possible without making it look obvious. I still think 9-8 will get us in but the Saints beating the Bucs tonight hurts those chances.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah if we beat Philly I'd just punt the Dallas game to be honest. Rest as many guys as possible without making it look obvious. I still think 9-8 will get us in but the Saints beating the Bucs tonight hurts those chances.

Hell no. 

I think you have to win out at this point for tiebreakers. Could afford to lose one of the last five division games and they already did that. 

Full speed ahead. Every game is a playoff. 

IIRC, we played Dallas after they were coming off a Thursday and we were coming off MNF. Then we were going to play the eagles who were coming off a Thursday game.

I love that the schedule makers backloaded the divisional games, but the opponents extended rest does seem a bit… unfortunate

This is a must win. With the cowboys still 100% healthy and coming off normal rest next week, i don’t see the ray of sunshine for us in that one.

4 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Hell no. 

I think you have to win out at this point for tiebreakers. Could afford to lose one of the last five division games and they already did that. 

Full speed ahead. Every game is a playoff. 

Even with the Saints win, our chances to get in at 9-8 remain pretty high. It might make it more complicated, but I still think the odds of ONLY us and NOLA being 9-8 in the 7 seed are pretty low— also remember, if the Niners finish 1-2 they’d also be 9-8 (they have one super easy game at home- Texans- and two tough road games— Titans/Rams. 

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

IIRC, we played Dallas after they were coming off a Thursday and we were coming off MNF. Then we were going to play the eagles who were coming off a Thursday game.

I love that the schedule makers backloaded the divisional games, but the opponents extended rest does seem a bit… unfortunate

This is a must win. With the cowboys still 100% healthy and coming off normal rest next week, i don’t see the ray of sunshine for us in that one.

You do not recall correctly. We weren’t playing Dallas after a MNF game. We played the raiders after a MNF game. And the eagles didn’t have a TNF game, they had a bye week. 

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

@Skinsinparadise next time I'll report you to the mods for posting bad tweeter news around here!

lol, I think we can blame you for this case, though. :ols:   Right after you talk about the Eagles O line being potentially decimated, boom we lose our top guy on the O line.  Bad karma. 😢

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

Any updates on Cosmi? There was some talk about him being activated for Tuesday's game. If he's active and Lucas doesn't get cleared to play, I think Cosmi will be the backup tackle, so the starters will be Leno, Flowers, Ismael, Douglas, and Charles, right? Not looking good for the right side of the line.

27 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Any updates on Cosmi? There was some talk about him being activated for Tuesday's game. If he's active and Lucas doesn't get cleared to play, I think Cosmi will be the backup tackle, so the starters will be Leno, Flowers, Ismael, Douglas, and Charles, right? Not looking good for the right side of the line.

I would think Charles would start at RG and Cosmi at RT.