Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

2 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

So, what exactly has our MLB first round draft pick done so far this year.  I give him credit for making the field of play, but what Impact has he done?

I will give him some credit for starting to react quickly at least. He struggled with that in college and was the reason I didnt like him as a first rounder. He seems to be getting better as the year goes on though IMO. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Please with the refs, its not even close to reason for why we are getting our ass kicked right now.

We are treating this like jus another game, and its not.

Well, when you stop them on 3rd down and a phantom PI call is made to extend another Dallas drive...that kind of has a bearing on what comes next.  Clearly not the only reason we are in the situation we are in, but it is contributing in a big way.  Poor offensive gameplan and little to no OL protection is also a big part.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It’s a debate because our fanbase wants to put the blame on Heinicke because they want so bad to have a franchise guy they just want to heap the blame on the undrafted dude who is a big reason we’re where we even are. 

Yes, he’s sucked today. Can’t hit the broad side of the barn the few times he has time. But the offensive line is getting beaten to a bloody pulp.

They can both suck.

Taylor holds the ball to long.

I'm going to predict the next passing play. "There is pressure coming fast" Maybe throw it quickly. I can't even tell what Turner is calling, but I doubt he's telling Taylor to wait and throw it 40 yards down field. When he is throwing it, it's wildly off. At least it's at their feet today, so he doesn't get anyone killed.

The problem right now is that we have been playing above our pay grade for the last four games. When we play a good team this is what we look like. We are a mediocre team from the front office all the way to the players on the field. We should be rebuilding but the organization won’t admit it. I love the wins but then again I hate them because it doesn’t let us see this team as it is.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Why is every game the officials and announcers fault? :ols:

We’re getting schooled by a better football team. Period. Come on. Be sportsmanlike and understand pointing fingers solves nothing, folks. 

Can I point fingers at the scouts and individuals responsible for player development? Because that's where I think fingers should be pointed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

I don’t think he’s had much time.  It’s definitely a bad game for him.

When he has had time he is missing his throws by yards. That is the problem with his limited throwing ability. If the run game fails he cannot carry a team with his arm.

• Like 2

Just now, NickyJ said:

If the team goes to the locker room down 21-0, I'd be booing. I'm a firm believer that sometimes a team needs to hear what the fans really think. If the fans haven't left the stadium already.

Of course the fans are booing us. They're all cowboys fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Please with the refs, its not even close to reason for why we are getting our ass kicked right now.

We are treating this like jus another game, and its not.

I threw that ref thing in there as the last pass interference was happening saying the refs are not helping not meaning throughout the whole game. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They literally did just that against Tampa Bay.

Nah, that’s exactly the type of meaningless upset win we’ve had in the past—regular season game against a team with actual Super Bowl aspirations, we’ve been playing so poorly that some fans are discussing the merits of tanking, no expectations of victory—and wow, they pull it off out of nowhere. Maybe it even fuels a few more wins.

This sort of game right now though is what I’m talking about. They fake the fanbase into having some actual hope and some expectations. They’re on a win streak, the defense is finally playing better—the team just needs to live up to what it’s been doing and they have a chance to make a dent and start the process of taking the division. There are expectations. The HC demands the fans support the team and show up for the team, they HAVE to. And they lay an egg just when people start to want to believe again (from a distance—people aren’t totally stupid with this team nowadays, they didn’t actually go to the stadium to get **** on by Cowboys fans for 4 hours). 

Over and over this happens. Even last year sneaking into the playoffs in a down year for the division, there weren’t real expectations. This team crumbles under expectations. The minute someone starts to believe in them—fans, analysts, anyone in the media starts singing their praises even an ounce—they look like **** and come crashing back down to the earth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

They can both suck.

Taylor holds the ball to long.

I'm going to predict the next passing play. "There is pressure coming fast" Maybe throw it quickly. I can't even tell what Turner is calling, but I doubt he's telling Taylor to wait and throw it 40 yards down field. When he is throwing it, it's wildly off. At least it's at their feet today, so he doesn't get anyone killed.

I’ve said Heinicke has sucked. In the post you quoted. But many are only pointing at Taylor. Which is annoying as hell.

For the record nothing is open quick. They’re jamming our receivers and it’s taking time to develop.

Edit: In games like this it’s ALWAYS the OL that has to win the game.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2