Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, i was expecting the worst but hoping for the best, so this outcome right now is just whatever. Dallas is a better team. Not ashamed to admit it. 

just gotta hope we beat Philly twice and the giants again. 

Sure, but this isn’t just “they’re better” territory, this team is ****ting their pants. Looking like the little brother of the division and justifying the fact that nobody on the Cowboys, Giants, or Eagles collective rosters take them seriously even when they’re on a win streak. It’s a joke even beyond what could be “expected” so far imo. This team feels like it will never rise to the occasion and prove someone wrong. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I agree, Chase has a motor issue and just doesn't have that hunger to get a sack like Parsons has. We really blew it with that pick considering what else we could have had instead. 

It is what it is.  A lot of us, including me, wanted him.  He was consensus #2 overall pick.  Sometimes the draftniks get it wrong.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Am I right in remembering that we never actually got combine event measurables for him? 

That is correct. Partly Covid and partly I believe (iirc) Young did not work out for teams.  He did make some videos, and obviously they were designed to show off his strengths. Like he can jump well. 

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Chase is not as physically gifted as he was touted to be. While I think there is an element of him not working hard enough, watching him it’s obvious to me he’s not nearly as explosive as we thought.  Once in a blue moon is he able to beat an NFL caliber lineman to the outside.  He has good straightaway speed but acceleration is not elite. He’s also not as strong as we hoped.  I’ve seen him pushed off his feet way too often and his bull rushes are meh. That also speaks to his balance. 

I don’t buy the potential thing with Chase.  His ceiling is a good d-lineman, probably a journeyman who will play for a few teams before his career is over.

Agreed.

It's funny: I never wanted Chase.  You simply do not draft DL that early.  EVER.  They just cannot make the impact that equals the draft slot.  They can't change a game with regularity.  

IMHO, it should be a QB at that spot or trade down.  And there is almost always a trade down opportunity at that spot.  

I KNEW one of three things would happen with Chase: 1. He'd be a relative bust  (that looks like it's happening)  2. He'd get a big injury that would further limit his true explosiveness (check that box) 3. He'd end up just being a "solid guy".  

Blowing that #2 pick just cannot happen.  Granted, nearly every team in the league wanted him, but there were many, many red flags coming out of college. 

Now, Chase has to work on rehab all offseason instead of actually working on his game to take a major leap going forward.  I wouldn't expect much from him next year either, and the pressure is going to just build and build.  Parsons adds A LOT of extra pressure too.  Ball's in Chases court now.

• Like 2