Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

This team has quit...lucky to be saved by a hold on that big throw against Fuller.  Can't say I blame them at this point.  They are playing 2 teams today.  Dallas and the officials.  Hard to get into a game that is being controlled with flags all the time.

Edited by Rhazaghul

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Probably… but out-personelled too. We’re starting two third string DEs for goodness sakes. 

Dallas is probably a more talented team to begin with, but we are missing too much. 

But still it’s a choke job. 18-0 at home in front of all the cowboys fans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

Chase is not as physically gifted as he was touted to be. While I think there is an element of him not working hard enough, watching him it’s obvious to me he’s not nearly as explosive as we thought.  Once in a blue moon is he able to beat an NFL caliber lineman to the outside.  He has good straightaway speed but acceleration is not elite. He’s also not as strong as we hoped.  I’ve seen him pushed off his feet way too often and his bull rushes are meh. That also speaks to his balance. 

I don’t buy the potential thing with Chase.  His ceiling is a good d-lineman, probably a journeyman who will play for a few teams before his career is over.

Am I right in remembering that we never actually got combine event measurables for him? 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Probably… but out-personelled too. We’re starting two third string DEs for goodness sakes. 

Dallas is probably a more talented team to begin with, but we are missing too much. 

Defense has not been the problem

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Micah Parsons with more sacks in 16 minutes of play time than Chase had all season. 

He's what Chase Young was advertised to be.  

I don't want to hear it from anyone, I know it's not like we had a choice to pick Parsons over Young...that's not what I'm saying, so for those of you who have reading comprehension issues, don't tell me that's what I meant.

I meant that Chase Young was advertised as a generational talent, some impact defensive player who'd terrorize offenses for years to come, rack up sack totals and be a cornerstone for us.  And he's not.  

And Parsons is.  And it sucks.  

• Like 3