Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Football Team vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: The Rivalry Is Reborn

skins island connection

Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Raise Their Helmets In Victory?

• WFT
    • Cowboys

3 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I fully believe we are the hottest team in football and the rest of the NFL will also believe that after this week.

Washington 31

CowTurds  17

I think that title actually belongs to the Dolphins...it's kinda ironic that my brother in law was bemoaning how terrible the Dolphins had been playing a month or so ago and I was right there with him about the WFT. Now the Dolphins have gone 5-0 and WFT has gone 4-0.

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

it's hardly a new experience for the veteran es'er with a properly functioning cranium to know how typical it is for a notable majority of nfl pros/pundits  to often praise various washington coaches/asst coaches, even under the pall of these dan years, while we resident ne'er-do-wells, reprobates, and rapscallions here routinely assault them :D...and we see a majority of those coaches go elsewhere, do well, and get praised there too :) 

when i first got here the gamedays thread were a stunning example to me of just how ridiculous (even in what was an expected emo-reactionary state during the game) actual 'takes' could be about the topic of play-calling in particular...thing is the same dialogues often extend into other threads well after the heat of gameday and live long turbulent lives there :806:

this is not suggested to bemoan that reality, but to accept and even embrace it as a spazzing but passionate norm

(and for me, to sometimes dump on the especially egregious examples with colorfully disparaging critiques :P)

Damn you sure know how to use lots of high words. What are you? A writer? Shakespeare?

On paper the Cowgirls are almost at full strength and should roll us as we're less healthy and now have players out on protocol. Their offense at full strength has rolled everyone. 

But McCarthy giving us bulletin board material is a big mistake. They're still on the road and we're at home. It's a divisional game and anything can happen. Our team is playing with confidence. 

Might be small but Pollard hasn't practiced all week and seems unlikely to play. Our D all year has been tough RBs and should give Zeke fits. We can shut down their run game. 

Also doesn't make sense, but they'll have Lawrence and Gregory back pushing Parsons back to LB and I think that's a negative. Parsons has been a beast on the line; Gregory isn't upgrade. 

I think this game stays close. 

50/50 game. 

23-17 final score either team. 

• Like 1

Ok, I've waited until the last minute to give my thoughts on this game. They have changed quite a bit over the last week.

1. Initially, I thought we would lose this game. Dallas is too healthy and we're slathered with injuries. The injuries haven't slowed us down too much, but they eventually have to take their toll. I figured we would split with Dallas and (hopefully) sweep everyone else, I think we can win them all. We're getting some guys back and it looks like Dallas is losing some guys or some of them won't be 100%, I'll take that!

2. Dallas is a finesse team, not saying they aren't tough, but our guys are tougher. I expect our Oline to beat the ever loving **** out of the defense and our D to shred their oline.

3. Need JD to play, absolutely need him to play.

4. That fact that Dallas is so worried about us makes me feel a little bit better, but it all comes down to whether our not our guys came to play. I think they will.

Dallas is not as good offensively as people think (see above post).  The beat a NO team last game that threw 4-5 interceptions, with a gadget player playing QB (game was actually close if you watched) and have lost 3 of their last 5. They have not played that well recently truthfully. Their picks for today and by the pundits are purely media driven and most slurp it all up. We have won our last 4 against a much higher level of competition (beat TWO teams the Cows lost to) than the Cows have faced. Unlike DGF, I absolutely see it. The Cows are simply not that good. Play physical and own their soul.  Grind their ass down and pound them. Our D will be the key. 27-17 WFT.

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

No JD hurts a lot, also I don't care about Samuel. The guy has been a non factor this entire season.

Maybe, hopefully you will today.  He can explode on any given day, when right. Feed him & you will see.