Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Rouge 4 at The Death Star

TK
Message added by TK,

490730691_ScreenShot2021-12-05at7_09_29PM.thumb.png.aa76992a10bb991590d96dc5bbb7beb4.png

3 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

I am new here and first game thread I followed and I am amazed looking from the outside in how many of you blame the QB for everything that happens on offense I mean guys saying his arm was grazed when clearly it was more then that on the pick, trashing the guy for his arm strength. Guys he is going to have bad throws, hell maybe even a bad game.

The guy seems to care about winning more then anything and got the crap kicked out of him you may want to give the guy a bit of a break.

Don't judge this group on the gameday thread. It's a cesspool but it's our cesspool. WE hate everything and the entire world is coming to an end at all times. Then we all sober up and do it again on Monday but a little less emotional. 

Welcome to the party. 

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

I am new here and first game thread I followed and I am amazed looking from the outside in how many of you blame the QB for everything that happens on offense I mean guys saying his arm was grazed when clearly it was more then that on the pick, trashing the guy for his arm strength. Guys he is going to have bad throws, hell maybe even a bad game.

The guy seems to care about winning more then anything and got the crap kicked out of him you may want to give the guy a bit of a break.

It's "real time" roller coaster ride my dude! Sometimes you get stuck at the top of the hill. Sometimes the water feature soaks ya.. And sometimes the chick sittin next to ya's titties pop out! Just enjoy your time at the theme park!! 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

While I agree with you… as an 18 year cagey veteran on this site and game day threads… measured discussion occurs outside of this thread. This thread is generally a whiney cluster****.

oh and welcome.

Thanks, understand, sorry like I said first game thread! Great win by WFT I would take Ron and TH in a close tough game anytime, enjoy WFT fans!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Who was calling our defense trash? 

Excuse me? 

Smh

We’ve got to stop doing this. Perceptions of things can and should change with the addition of new information, and that’s what has happened during this win streak. The defense WAS trash through the majority of the first 8 games of the season. That’s doesn’t retroactively change because they’re playing better now. Let’s just be glad they seem to have figured something out despite the major injuries, and then assess in the offseason how much those injured players were contributing to the poor play in the first place. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I said after the INT that the game wasn't over but that it certainly could be and noted that "pound the rock, control the clock, have a stingy defense" 1980s game plans in the modern NFL are a very specious idea because in order for it to work many things have to go right and almost nothing can go wrong. That INT at a crucial time, for instance. Luckily our defense was able to hold them to a FG, but if that pass into the end zone had been 5 inches shallower, it would almost certainly have been an L.

Our offense is stagnant. We're going to have to figure out how to start actually scoring more points because what we're putting up now is not going to cut it for long. Our defense has absolutely been showing up big time over the last several game, so hats off to them.

While all true. Sometimes just finding ways to win are more important victories than domination. More stressful but indicative of a team’s heart. Team’s got miles of it.

• Like 1

Great game by the WFT.

The defense has really come around. This Raiders are the same team that scored 36 on Dallas.

The offense is moving the ball, but they need to get it together scoring wise.

Onto the cowboys. :815:

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

While all true. Sometimes just finding ways to win are more important victories than domination. More stressful but indicative of a team’s heart. Team’s got miles of it.

Sure. "Just win, baby" is legit. But it's fleeting when you're talking about squeaker games.

"Pound the rock, control the clock, have a stingy defense" in the modern NFL basically can have 3 outcomes:

If your defense shows up and plays well:

1) You win a squeaker

2) You lose a squeaker

If your defense doesn't show up and play well:

3) You lose in a blowout

I'm always happy with a W. But we can't assume our defense is going to keep holding teams below 20 points, especially teams like Dallas who are averaging 30 per game. If our offense doesn't figure out why it can't seem to score more, we're due for a blowout soon, I fear.

• Like 1