Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Panthers Prediction Thread: Kitty Tamers Line Up Its Fig Newton Time !

skins island connection

Who Wins The Game?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cam pick up where he left off or will Heinicke?

When: Sunday November 21st

Where: Bank of America Stadium 

This Sunday the WFT will take a little jog over to Carolina to take on the Panthers.

The WFT holds an all-time 9-7 record against the Panthers, and if the intensity carries over it will be 10-7. 

This past Sunday the Panthers made short work of the Kyler Murray-less Cardinals by a score of 34-10, with yes, Cam Newton back in Carolina. 

They jumped out to a quick 17-0 1st qtr lead and never looked back, as the Colt McCoy-led Cards just couldn't muster up anything to counter the emotion of the return of Newton.

Obviously Cam is a dual threat as a runner or passer, and with McCaffrey running for close to 100 yds against the Cards { yes you liked how that rhymed } the WFT front line will have their hands full.

Defensively the Panthers are legit; even though they played a diluted Cardinals team without Murray Hopkins and a few others, they still have athletic LBers and are aggressive up front. 

So, that brings us all to the WFT and their improbable win against the SB champion Tampa bay Buccaneers.

Everyone and their mothers expected Tampa to steamroll the WFT and make the game out of reach by the 1st qtr, BUT, someone had other plans, as in the ENTIRE TEAM!

Taylor Heinicke, the QB who has been getting alot of criticism the past month or so came out like gangbusters, drove down the field for scores early and often, including a nice pass to the corner to Carter for a touchdown. Before Brady had a chance to pose for the cameras he and the Bucs were down 13-0, thanks to a couple of interceptions, and from there the Bucs just couldn't muster up enough to overcome WFT's will to win.

Why? Don't ask me, but for some reason the defense actually looked like a functioning defense, pressuring Brady all game, but even the best pressure can't hold him down forever, as he did get the Bucs close, but Heinicke and co. just stepped on the gas, and never looked back. 

Just when the Bucs scored a touchdown by Mike Evans { from my hometown } to get it to 23-19, everyone { including myself } though ok, this is where something bad was gonna happen.

And it did.

As in BAD ASS !!!  Heinicke and Gibson executed the longest 4th qtr touchdown drive in the NFL in the last 20 years,  going for 19 plays and 80 yds, capped off by a 4th down touchdown run by Gibson to put Brady and the Bucs on ice for good.

So, now its on the road for the WFT.

Will that game carry over into the Panthers game and stifle Newton and the Panthers?

Will Heinicke be agile enough to dodge a very tough defense? 

Will I ever find a driveshaft for my Prerunner? 

Look for a low scoring slugfest, with turnovers sprinkled in on both sides.

When the final whistle blows and the kitty litter settles, 

Cam will somehow come out squeaking out a win; { maybe with a bad call in the 4th }

Final score

WFT 16

Panthers 20

1st correct score prediction wins a nice Riggins or Cooley fan jersey { they are nice }

GOOD LUCK !!

• Like 2

I heard someone say that Ron said he already had an idea how he would play Cam if he ever had to gameplan for his former QB.

We just need to remember that Cam can also tell his new coaches in Carolina what they can expect from Ron. 

Carolina : 21

The team that dare not speak its name: 13