Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Top 10 Free Agent Busts of the Snyder Era

Spaceman Spiff

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

8. I can't remember his name, but the sex offender DT that Snyder forced on to the Spurrier team that was picking DTs off the street after cutting BDW.

Im not sure if its the same guy but we had a DT/DE for a year or possibly 2 who was an absolute monster when healthy, played like he wasnt quite right....cant remember his name though. I want to say we signed him from Denver?

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Im not sure if its the same guy but we had a DT/DE for a year or possibly 2 who was an absolute monster when healthy, played like he wasnt quite right....cant remember his name though. I want to say we signed him from Denver?

The guy im thinking of is Daryl Gardener. Remember him being a monster DT, had issues staying healthy though. Dude was a beast, remember a story back in the day that even his teammates were scared of him. Dude had a few issues.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought about Fitzy for a second but he's only here for a year.  

And he made how much for 15 minutes? :) 

1521622113_ScreenShot2021-11-15at2_34_58PM.thumb.png.bf60b4c18bde3644ca4a999b598c9098.png

Now divide that by 13 & let's see how much each yard outta him cost. :) 

34 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

1. Haynesworth

2. Archuleta

3. Landon Collins

4. Trotter

5. Rob Johnson

6. Donnell Bennett 

7. Josh Morgan 

8. I can't remember his name, but the sex offender DT that Snyder forced on to the Spurrier team that was picking DTs off the street after cutting BDW.

On #8, Darrell Russell?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

That was Gardener, and he was a steal for us for one year! The dude I am thinking of was videotaped having sex with a teenager and I think was cut from the Raiders.

56 minutes ago, method man said:

On #8, Darrell Russell?

Yes, thanks. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The irony of duffy being the very next post after "Tacos on me next time".

I was expecting duffy to say something like, "And I'll throw in a dance with that taco !"

Wow, I totally missed that one. Shame on me.

duck.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Wow, depressing thread. Some names I completely forgot about. Paul Richardson, Jason Taylor, Terelle Pryor, Brandon Llyod.....what a waste of money.

I thought about Taylor and Lloyd, but those guys were acquired in trades.  I think you could definitely do a top 10 worst trade returns, too.

Richardson is a really good one I missed, he was ****ing invisible while he was here.

20 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was texting with the homie @TryTheBeal!earlier today before the BIG WIN AGAINST TOM BRADY AND TAMPA BAY TODAY and he was wondering if Curtis Samuel is a real person.  I'm convinced he is, he just has groin area that's weaker than wet toilet paper. 

So Curtis Samuel is real, but his groin is not.

I gotta think he'd really want to play against his ex-team this Sunday -

so can they fit him with an artificial groin for that one, at least ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

The harshness towards Randle El doesn't make sense to me.

I know that people trashed him for his punt returns, which were often sideways or backwards. And maybe that's influencing the opinion.

But he was a good receiver for us, for 4 years, solid. He started all but one of those games in the 4 years.

And in fact, he put up better stats in virtually every category, during his 4 years with us, than he did in his 4 previous years with PIT.

That's not bust material. He actually improved here.

Comparison of his 4 years in WAS, versus his previous 4 years in PIT (not even including the year he returned to PIT a 2nd time, and still fared more poorly than he did here)

We definitely got the best of him, in his career, compared to PIT.

With Washington :

186 Receptions
2202 Yards
11.84 Avg
Longs of 34, 54, 31, and 44
125 First Downs
8 TD

With Pittsburgh :

162 Receptions
2012 Yards
12.4 Avg
Longs of 36, 32, 39, and 63.
95 First Downs
7 TD's

• Like 2

Trung candidate. Philip BUchannon, McNaab, Andre Roberts, Jason Hatcher

Not sure why OP would put Deion on this list. He played well for us, and that was a SB defense in 2000. Our problem was we had no WR depth, and when Westbrook went down we relied on 50 year olds Irving Fryer and Andre Reed while Albert Connel proved he was only a #2 and our offense died when Westbook got hurt.