Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tampa Tom vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK

5 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

we paid a heavy price for this win... Chase Young.

That's not sustainable to trade players for wins... too much season left.

I think it's plenty sustainable. Just get another Chase Young and spend him next week.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, cougs said:

While I love that we won, this is a false positive. This team is not that good and it seems the Team will mess this up and get another mid  round pick. 

there's no one special enough to tank for this year

• Like 3

I am glad I was dead wrong. I thought Tampa would come back and win but we just willed ourselves to victory.

If things are to be really different in the Ron era; we need to go on a run and get that 7th wild card spot. 

I will be rooting for that over draft position.  If we can beat Carolina and Cam; then I will believe a run is possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrJL said:

there's no one special enough to tank for this year

When has tanking for a qb ever worked? colts and peyton?....but they didnt have to tank, they just sucked. dont think you can force it....will of the football gods. We are named after them now so hopefully they appreciate it

7 minutes ago, dunfer said:

When has tanking for a qb ever worked? colts and peyton?....but they didnt have to tank, they just sucked. dont think you can force it....will of the football gods. We are named after them now so hopefully they appreciate it

it doesn't work, and the whole premise is utterly ridiculous.  You literally catch lighting in a bottle 99.99999 percent of the time with these players, and where specifically you draft them is of little consequence.  I defy anyone to prove me wrong on this with facts.

Edited by Painkiller
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

no one has ever tanked despite what some think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

no one has ever tanked despite what some think.

this is a fan construct.  Can we say that it has never happened where an organization tried to lose...no...but you also can't show me where it was worth doing for that team.  Andrew Luck was supposed to be a generational talent.  He was a good QB, but he was not that guy.    

9 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

it doesn't work, and the whole premise is utterly ridiculous.  You literally catch lighting in a bottle 99.99999 percent of the time with these players, and where specifically you draft them is of little consequence.  I defy anyone to prove me wrong on this with facts.

Thank you. Where have you been? Just ask Cleveland what it's like picking a QB in the 1st round every year....they got spanked today with Baker running their offense. Build the team and find the QB somewhere, some how but don't reach and make desperation moves. TH is getting better and better, just keep helping him out. 

• Thanks 1