Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Pretty sure this is the first 🏆 emoji I’ve ever given out.

btw, I thought my post above would have you rolling.

I was waiting for you to edit in a picture of you with your shirt off lol (I’m just seeing it, and yes, perfect lol) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I was waiting for you to edit in a picture of you with your shirt off lol (I’m just seeing it, and yes, perfect lol) 

Somebody say shirt off?

Also:

Edited by Dah-Dee

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Dude is mythical, really. I know I have been kidding around but his pro day went from 60 throws to 70. Now 80. And y’all really got me feeling like if Josh Allen was feed a steady diet if Andrew Luck he would digivolve into Drake Maye. Post snap reads on point. Big play maker by nature. Dude is even sneaky athletic. What else could you want 

I think a lot of us are going to look silly when Drake falls in this draft.  It seems like no one has actually watched him play football this year.  Everyone sees a young kid who has the prototypical physical appearance but none of the game.  Dude looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.  

These mock drafts and highlight films are fools gold.  Take the time to watch UNC, UVA and the Clemson film.  If he can't do it in college I know he won't do it in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I think a lot of us are going to look silly when Drake falls in this draft.  It seems like no one has actually watched him play football this year.  Everyone sees a young kid who has the prototypical physical appearance but none of the game.  Dude looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.  

These mock drafts and highlight films are fools gold.  Take the time to watch UNC, UVA and the Clemson film.  If he can't do it in college I know he won't do it in the league.

I’m curious, what would’ve been your opinion on Daniels prior to his 5th year? His tape was signicantly less impressive than anything Maye has put up the last 2 years. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Dexter said:

They are all creaming over him. All of them. No way he falls past 3 and I’m starting to wonder if it’s malpractice to let him past 2. Even hit the Dan Quinn 🤙🏻 He gonna show up to the draft with a backwards ball cap on and it’s ****ing over. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dexter said:

That’s certainly a take

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

40 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Dude is mythical, really. I know I have been kidding around but his pro day went from 60 throws to 70. Now 80. And y’all really got me feeling like if Josh Allen was feed a steady diet if Andrew Luck he would digivolve into Drake Maye. Post snap reads on point. Big play maker by nature. Dude is even sneaky athletic. What else could you want 

No. Dude simply replaced the throws he missed and added some deep balls AFTER throwing 60 passes. Which other QB did that at their pro day? You know the thing they control and get to make their name at? NONE of them did except Maye. He added six 50 yarders on the end after 60 plus passes. Which will never happen EVER in his career going forward. GTFO with this crap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockluc said:

His tape was signicantly less impressive than anything Maye has put up the last 2 years. 

I want Maye, but that's not true: Daniels' 2022 season compares favorably to Maye's 2023 season (and similarly, Maye's 2022 compares pretty well to Daniels' 2023).

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

36 minutes ago, illone said:

Age is overrated, but I do like that JJ is younger with better overall arm talent.

McCarthy might end up being a better pro QB than Maye but if you wanted to hold a convention for all the people who believe McCarthy has better arm talent than Maye you could hold it in a phone booth. 

(Assuming phone booths are still a thing)

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

22 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

No. Dude simply replaced the throws he missed and added some deep balls AFTER throwing 60 passes. Which other QB did that at their pro day? You know the thing they control and get to make their name at? NONE of them did except Maye. He added six 50 yarders on the end after 60 plus passes. Which will never happen EVER in his career going forward. GTFO with this crap.

Weird reply. Two posts above mine there is someone saying he threw closer to 80 by their count. I mean, I didn’t count them myself…I’m not that much of a Maybe. But I don’t know why that’s so seemingly upsetting to you. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

McCarthy might end up being a better pro QB than Maye but if you wanted to hold a convention for all the people who believe McCarthy has better arm talent than Maye you could hold it in a phone booth. 

(Assuming phone booths are still a thing)

I swim against the current, what can I say 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Weird reply. Two posts above mine there is someone saying he threw closer to 80 by their count. I mean, I didn’t count them myself…I’m not that much of a Maybe. But I don’t know why that’s so seemingly upsetting to you. 

It's clskinsfan's birthday and my guy is celebrating.  We've got some wild ass vibes in here tonight and I'm enjoying it.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, rockluc said:

I’m curious, what would’ve been your opinion on Daniels prior to his 5th year? His tape was signicantly less impressive than anything Maye has put up the last 2 years. 

I do know Daniels was excellent at Arizona State and has progressed every year.  He beat #6 Oregon as a true freshman and has always protected the ball and has been a real playmaker.

Maye regressed this year and he could get better or worse....no chance we take a risk knowing that he played poorly this year.  His stock is so high because he had a stellar year last year.  This year no one can say he played well.  He's a prime example of a boom or bust prospect.  He should have stayed another year and developed.  Too risky to think he could elevate his game or just crash.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Thumb down 2

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

My bad brother. It is my 4 day birthday weekend and I am literally hammered AF. Carry on. 

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

Two things.  Might not be anything and probably not.  (1) JJ McCarthy was the only player we took out to dinner before his Pro Day.  (2) He was the first interview we had at the Combine.  Seems kind of strange we didn't take out Daniels or Maye.  Maybe they didn't want to be dined.  Yes, that's it.  :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Two things.  Might not be anything and probably not.  (1) JJ McCarthy was the only player we took out to dinner before his Pro Day.  (2) He was the first interview we had at the Combine.  Seems kind of strange we didn't take out Daniels or Maye.  Maybe they didn't want to be dined.  Yes, that's it.  :) 

I know we met with Maye before hand this morning. Maybe Peters and Quinn took him out for legs and eggs. Who knows?? 🤷 

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Two things.  Might not be anything and probably not.  (1) JJ McCarthy was the only player we took out to dinner before his Pro Day.

I heard that they just did that because he wanted to meet Eddie Royal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Watching the video of Orlovsky talk about Mayes pro day.... Louis Riddick is on. Thank God he never became the Redskins GM as was rumored at one point. He is a terrible talent evaluator. Whether you think Drake or Jayden should go at 2, to say on live TV that Jayden is better than Caleb is just stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illone said:

Could also mean coachable? Moldable?

I'd agree he can throw it farther than McCarthy, but JJ has a higher completion %, and better TD/Int ratio. I'd argue JJ has the better arm due to those stats, and he did wing it 60 yards at his pro day, but he wasnt asked to bomb it down the field a lot during games.

Age is overrated, but I do like that JJ is younger with better overall arm talent.

JJ was also asked to do far less and was surrounded by a dominant team. Much easier to have a higher completion percentage in that situation. Especially if you're not asked to stretch the field that much.

As far as the arm thing...so if Colt McCoy has a higher completion percentage than Patrick Mahomes does that mean he has more arm talent? 

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

* Jayden Daniels's mom has entered the chat *

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

My bad brother. It is my 4 day birthday weekend and I am literally hammered AF.

Just one of my three big pet peeves (the others being people who point out others’ sloppy drunken grammar on their birthdays & hypocrites) but you are not literally hammered AF. In order to literally be hammered AF, you would have to

I actually don’t know what that would look like. Anyway, happy birthday brother.

• Thanks 1