Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

Okay.. Do I dare say it?...JJ had the better pro day out of the 3.  For me it's a toss up between Maye and Jayden on who was runner up. Now in saying that pro days don't tell you much, you still have to go back to the tape and see who's going to be our guy.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

If only pro days meant something... Zach Wilson might actually be an NFL caliber QB.

Having said that - it's nice to see the workout.  It's valuable for the coaches and scouts to have some one on one time.  Part of the process to make difficult decisions that can alter the future of everyone involved.  Lets hope Peters makes the right pick and that the coaching staff brings him up right.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

About what I expected. The upside with the arm, size, and athleticism is ridiculous and legitimately elite, but there are some inconsistencies that need to be cleaned up. Given that hes only 21 and is extremely coachable with a strong work ethic, I have no doubts.

The only knock on him from Kurt Warner is that he misses the easy throws.

Just now, Llevron said:

Drake Maye got yall acting out of character smh 

Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams and JJ McCarthy have all made the collective NFL fanbase lose their minds…

It’s really an interesting look into the human psyche. 

Personally: I don’t care. Give me any of em. It’s about developing any of the four. They’re not all that far apart talent wise (though there is a general perceived ceiling and floor gap among them)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Thanks. I took it off of a drifter that I’d just murdered in order to reach gratification.

You need to get that thumb you severed off when you were disposing of the body taken care of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Drake Maye got yall acting out of character smh 

I mean, this is the first time we're at the center of the venn diagram in 25ish years of 1) real GM, 2) picking high without trading up.

No need to send premium picks somewhere to get a guy.

No Dan Snyder poking around to ruin our day.

No passing on Justin Herbert to pick Chase Young.

And a year where QBs are actually good.  No wondering if we're reaching for some guy who should go mid-first.

It's a good convergence of factors.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Caleb Williams and JJ McCarthy have all made the collective NFL fanbase lose their minds…

It’s really an interesting look into the human psyche. 

Indeed. Probably my favorite thing about sports. I don't really know how to define what about it interests me so much but just all of it is fun to mess with. Sport psychology is probably something I should start reading up on. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Personally: I don’t care. Give me any of em. It’s about developing any of the four. They’re not all that far apart talent wise (though there is a general perceived ceiling and floor gap among them)

That's what makes this so good for us. For the first time I feel like our group is more focused on development than the guy. I cant imagine that doesn't eventually lead to success even if its not with whoever is at 2. We will see. Its all perceived right now. Its going to be interesting to watch. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I mean, this is the first time we're at the center of the venn diagram in 25ish years of 1) real GM, 2) picking high without trading up.

No need to send premium picks somewhere to get a guy.

No Dan Snyder poking around to ruin our day.

No passing on Justin Herbert to pick Chase Young.

And a year where QBs are actually good.  No wondering if we're reaching for some guy who should go mid-first.

It's a good convergence of factors.

Oh for sure im just poking fun at @Sacks 'n' Stuff taking his shirt off. Last time he was like this was when Brandon Banks was bragging about his shoe size relative to his height. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

If I'm Adam Peters, the only thing preventing me from drafting Drake Maye is that @Llevron just doesn't see it. For the life of him, he cannot see the raw power coursing through Maye's veins.

I appreciate the fact that you hold my opinion in high regard but unfortunately that says a lot about your decision making skills lol 

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Maye didn’t run because he drank a lot of water!!! On a serious note, I think we are in a great position here, we will have our pick of 3 outstanding qb prospects, maybe 4 if some funny business goes on with Caleb. Caleb would be my first choice, but out of the next three my order seems to change day by day. After watching the review I posted yesterday,  im leaning Maye, but it’ll probably be Daniels or McCarthy at some point again. There is just so much to like, but all have their own issues as well.

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thank god we lost that game to the Jets. That Jets K should go down in history as a hero of the district.

I remember someone mentioning how we'd be picking like 6 or something bc we'd win a game down the stretch we shouldn't and I never like to root for anything other than our team to win but sometimes you gotta lose to win.

• Thanks 2