Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

This is like a Costco pro day. High quality and large quantity. I have seen enough. Unless Caleb’s pink nail polish cause him to drop, it should be a done deal with Maye. 

Agreed.  Nothing wrong with JDs day yesterday - he looked good.  Maye just looks the part.  He looks solid and isn't going to get broke as easy as JD IMO.  He will look great next year in B&G.  

HTTR

• Like 4

I think (?) that Kingsbury with Quinn, they're talking seriously about something. Must be bbq, right?

Edit: It was GMAP, didn't recognize him with cap on lol.

Tez juggles, juggles the endzone fade... and a catch! .... out of bounds. 

Edited by Dah-Dee

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Or I could definitively state that the reason he didn’t throw in the middle of the field was because he’s not very good at it, his coaches didn’t trust him to do it, and they thought the better chance of winning was him throwing it up to stud receivers near the sideline.

I'm not a JD fan, I wouldnt draft him in the 7th round, but that team did right by their playmakers' strengths.  Smarter defenses like Bama and Georgia shut them down for the most part, but the whole "middle of the field" narrative with JD is propaganda. He attacked the middle plenty in previous years, but the Heisman year he didn't have to due to scheme and personnel. 

• Thanks 1

Peters cheesing like a 5 year old on Christmas morning right there. Why wouldnt he be? He is in an amazing position right now. Maye is my choice. That has not changed. The occasional miss can be coached out of him imo. 

• Like 4

And a Maye dap for you, and you, and you, and a full hug for Tez cause he's prolly gonna have to cry somewhere in a sec.

Josh McCown and Maye hugging it out and chatting. Vikings would love to move up but it ain't happening.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

That post I made about Peters. Did anyone else see that? He was literally in awe. I hope once Caleb gets signed, and that is gonna happen soon, that we just basically announce that Maye is the pick and its time to move on to other clubs. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I wouldn't give them nothing. We need a 24's 1st 2nd 3rd and 25's 1st and 3rd and 26's 2nd and 4th ...nothing from us. That puts us out of the top 3 QBs for sure and probably the 4th without trading back up. 

Your dreaming bro.  That isn't happening. You may ask for that but they'll laugh in your face.  You start high. yes and end up pretty close, I think of what I stated.  I did say a little more with my specifics too. :)  Bottom line we aren't trading the pick. 

Edited by RWJ

My thoughts on the day:

1. Up tempo practice, looked a little out of breath sometimes (to be expected).

2. Missed about 6 of 70 balls. Two were wildly overthrown (out patterns).

3. Corrected each throw he missed right away. Went right back to it.

4. Seemed like a few deep balls, the WRs needed to slow up a little

5. Nice zip on the ball

6. Took command of the huddle

7. Had some nice off balance throws - on the run, off back foot, etc, (purposely set up)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3