Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Maye is sloppy and has a “run into sack” issue.

This is true, so many times he drifts right to where the pressure is coming from. Sam did this a lot as well. It’s my biggest worry when it comes to Maye. Sam got to ride the pine for a whole year and it never got better. Hopefully if Maye is the guy it will get resolved.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Gimme this to mold. Every single time. Add in his work ethic as well. Which by all accounts is ridiculous. 

Edit: And before someone says "Than just take Milton". Mayes arm power is natural and fluid. It's instantaneous. Not winding up and running 5 yards forward to throw. He can throw accurately 55 yards falling off his back foot while getting crushed. He walks into the league with a top 5 arm. You cant teach that. You are born with it.

Right now I have Maye slightly ahead of McCarthy but, McCarthy is just as good of a runner if not a little better, definitely a little more wiggle, not as big of an arm but close enough, and doesn’t have the same mechanical flaws that Maye has. I’d say he is a great piece of clay to mold as well.

• Like 2

Sam Howell talks about last season, Adam Peters and the trade to Seattle.

Sam Howell ‘excited for a fresh start’ with the Seahawks

Howell speaks about joining the Seahawks and backing up Geno Smith.

By Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander Mar 28, 2024

After his first full season as an NFL starter, new Seattle Seahawks quarterback Sam Howell finds himself in a backup role behind Geno Smith. Howell was traded from the Washington Commanders to Seattle earlier this month, giving Smith a new backup after Drew Lock’s free agency departure for the New York Giants.

In an interview with Seattle Sports 710, the 23-year-old Howell discussed how the trade materialized and his excitement to play for the Seahawks.

“A couple of days before the trade was announced, I kind of knew that (the Commanders) were kind of listening to trade offers,” Howell said. “The GM in Washington, Adam Peters, was very good to me and kind of kept me in the loop the whole time. And Adam knew that Seattle was a place that I was interested in going to.”

“Adam just kind of told me at the end of the day it came down to Seattle wanted me more than anybody else. And I’m happy with it. I’m happy to be a Seahawk,” Howell later said.

Howell faced the Seahawks last season, throwing for over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns in a 29-26 loss. He says he enjoyed his time in Seattle as an opposing quarterback.

“We played there last year. I love the organization,” he said, “I’ve heard a lot of really good things about the organization. It’s a really fun place to play. And I spent a few days in city last year when we played out there and it seemed like a cool place to be and I’m really excited for a fresh start. And the opportunity to be behind Geno, I have a lot of respect for Geno, so I’m really excited about it.”

After the Seahawks game, Howell’s performances declined. He threw only 4 touchdown passes to 12 interceptions, twice getting benched in-game for Jacoby Brissett. Overall, Howell threw for 21 TDs and 21 interceptions on an astonishing 612 attempts. It was a rollercoaster year for Howell in terms of play on a team that is firmly in rebuilding mode. Howell acknowledges that he needs to cut down on the turnovers.

“Obviously the interceptions, I’ve just got to do a better job,” he said. “There were some times where we were down in some games and I was just trying to be a little aggressive and at times maybe just tried to do a little too much, trying to give us a chance. But I’ve got to be smarter, got to play smarter football, got to play winning football. And at times I was doing it, so just doing it at a more consistent rate. And I feel confident about my ability to do that. It’s just a matter of if I get an opportunity I’ve got to go out there and show it.”

The Seahawks have Howell under contract for two more seasons at a combined cap hit of $2,085,000.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I love that Maye wasn't afraid of throwing a ton of passes. No issues with arm fatigue.

Draft him and let him start day 1. By 2026 he'll be an MVP candidate and we'll be competing for a ring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I love that Maye wasn't afraid of throwing a ton of passes. No issues with arm fatigue.

Draft him and let him start day 1. By 2026 he'll be an MVP candidate and we'll be competing for a ring.

I think we will finally hit with him. The decades of suffering are coming to an end. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bust by 2026!

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think we will finally hit with him. The decades of suffering are coming to an end. 

Be humble. Don't jinx it brother. 🙂

Old saying: "If you want to hear God laugh, announce your plans to the world."

(I feel you though, fingers crossed.)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Be humble. Don't jinx it brother. 🙂

Old saying: "If you want to hear God laugh, announce your plans to the world."

(I feel you though, fingers crossed.)

I still give him a 90% chance to bust. But we actually have a non zero chance with him .

New Riggo's Rag article:

https://riggosrag.com/posts/commanders-2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-drake-maye

Commanders 2024 NFL Draft scouting report: Drake Maye

Is Drake Maye the answer?

By Dean Jones | 5:00 PM EDT

A strong contingent descended on Chapel Hill for North Carolina's pro day. There were some intriguing prospects lower down the pecking order to examine, but Drake Maye was at the forefront of Washington's thought process.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think it truly depends on where each guy lands.

It always does with QB prospects.  But Drake is head and shoulders more talented than the other two.  He's one of the best QB prospects of the past ten years and we are incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to draft him.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I’m just glad that we get to pick the one that our FO wants. I push Maye pretty hard in this thread because the QB thread is always obnoxious and irritating and I have to adapt to fit in. 😆

But it will be exciting no matter who we pick. I think all of these guys have a chance to win a lot of games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2