Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thank god we lost that game to the Jets. That Jets K should go down in history as a hero of the district.

I say the same thing to my friend every time we speak. We were on the phone and celebrated the Jets making that FG like we won the SuperBowl 😂

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Interesting perspective from this Boston guy and how Quinn and other coaches reacted to Maye's throws.

Dude didn't describe the head shake.

We talkin up down?  Left right?  Eyes rolling into the back of his head and a little tongue action while he tilts his head back?

THESE ARE IMPORTANT DETAILS DANGIT

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Wow, thanks for posting that video! 

This kid is starting to win me over.

He's confident as hell, you can feel his energy, and enthusiasm-- that's the stuff you look for at the core of a real leader.

It doesn't come across as fake, contrived or artificial at all to me. It's organic, natural and spontaneous. 

You need that in a qb.

I hadn't really noticed that about  him before. The only other qb, this off season, that made me feel that "it" factor was JJ McCarthy and we aren't drafting him at two

This brief interview, in my mind,  is just as important to my personal evaluaton,  if not more so, than the actual throwing session.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thank god we lost that game to the Jets. That Jets K should go down in history as a hero of the district.

Robert Kraft will be inconsolable after we draft Maye. He considered Bledsoe as a son, same with Brady. Maye fits his type. 6’4” QB. Only fitting that the Jets cost him his guy. 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Wow, thanks for posting that video! 

This kid is starting to win me over.

He's confident as hell, you can feel his energy, and enthusiasm-- that's the stuff you look for at the core of a real leader.

It doesn't come across as fake, contrived or artificial at all to me. It's organic, natural and spontaneous. 

You need that in a qb.

I hadn't really noticed that about  him before. The only other qb, this off season, that made me feel that "it" factor was JJ McCarthy and we aren't drafting him at two

This brief interview, in my mind,  is just as important to my personal evaluaton,  if not more so, than the actual throwing session.

Most fun in that video was learning that Panthers great Muhsin Muhammad was Maye's youth league coach, and is no longer called "Moose."  He's now Big Moose, because his son, who played youth league and then in high school with Maye, is Little Moose.  😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Robert Kraft will be inconsolable after we draft Maye. He considered Bledsoe as a son, same with Brady. Maye fits his type. 6’4” QB. Only fitting that the Jets cost him his guy. 

Maybe he can get a happy ending to tide him over. **** that guy. 

I Like Drake

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

He generates so much power off base.  That kind of capability is both nice and dangerous.

Opens more options for everyone.  But you want to make sure it's not a habit.  It's a tough balance.

I mean, that's why Mahomes and Rodgers are so good.

Throwing off base is like most of Caleb Williams appeal too. But he doesn't have quite their arms.

It's a bad thing unless you're good at it

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Drake's my QB! :) 

I actually dont hate JJ at all. The MI system will end up screwing him though. And there is no way I am passing on Maye at this point. And Spielman says the same. Quote from Ryan "I just got a text from a source that said you are crazy if you think Jayden is going before Drake".....Spielman "didnt I just say that"....Yeah it's over. And it is funny watching Ryan have to walk back his ridiculous media love for Jayden. Enjoy the vid. 

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't think that was a slip of the tongue.

I think he was intentionally pumping up his player, like any coach would/should.

Wow.....he's Doug Williams 2.0.  Can't keep a secret

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

You dont know which one that is in this draft? That surprises me actually. And I am taking Caleb out of the equation. Because he is gone. 

I do not.

Maye is sloppy and has a “run into sack” issue. But he has a beast arm, great athlete, seemingly well liked and is a beast over the middle.

Daniels has a good arm, has elite speed, but small frame and takes a ton of hits.

McCarthy is really well rounded but not really great at anything and hasn’t operated a full fledged modern NFL offense since HS. And he wears weird outfits. 

I have no idea. 

I think it truly depends on where each guy lands.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But he has a beast arm, great athlete

Gimme this to mold. Every single time. Add in his work ethic as well. Which by all accounts is ridiculous. 

Edit: And before someone says "Than just take Milton". Mayes arm power is natural and fluid. It's instantaneous. Not winding up and running 5 yards forward to throw. He can throw accurately 55 yards falling off his back foot while getting crushed. He walks into the league with a top 5 arm. You cant teach that. You are born with it.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 3