Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Said yesterday that the only thing you need to see is the body language of Peters and Quinn when Maye throws. 

Indeed. Actual footage of GMAP and Blizzard watching Maye:

K22P01 GIF - Tenor GIF Keyboard - Bring Personality To Your Conversations |  Say more with Tenor | Spongebob, Squarepants, Spongebob pics

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Said yesterday that the only thing you need to see is the body language of Peters and Quinn when Maye throws. 

Just like Mike Tomlin and Malik Willis on Willis's pro day! That really meant something!

What are we doing here? Analyzing hugs and daps and grins, Brian Kelly doesn't know anything nor does anyone else. Still. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

About what I expected. The upside with the arm, size, and athleticism is ridiculous and legitimately elite, but there are some inconsistencies that need to be cleaned up. Given that hes only 21 and is extremely coachable with a strong work ethic, I have no doubts. 

AP and DQ’s expressions say it all. “i cant believe theyre giving me this guy and I dont even have to mortgage future picks!”

Unless he just absolutely bombs the interview/meeting process, he will be a Commander

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Just like Mike Tomlin and Malik Willis on Willis's pro day! That really meant something!

What are we doing here? Analyzing hugs and daps and grins, Brian Kelly doesn't know anything nor does anyone else. Still. 

Why did you bother to come back if you're just going to complain about everyone else posting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Just like Mike Tomlin and Malik Willis. What are we doing here? Analyzing hugs and daps and grins, Brian Kelly doesn't know anything nor does anyone else. Still. 

Why, do you think they are analysing the throws ?

Simple observation, people’s natural reactions are very telling.

Just like your response actually.

And that’s to me, someone who as yet hasn’t bought into Maye at all.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Why, do you think they are analysing the throws ?

Simple observation, people’s natural reactions are very telling.

Just like your response actually.

And that’s to me, someone who as yet hasn’t bought into Maye at all.

Cool cool cool

Every single year people overrate these pro days or give them more credit than they deserve. People will make some throws, miss some throws and nothing will change.

I just don't understand how, the vast majority were loud, wrong and looked foolish after making grand declarations about Ben Johnson being a done deal and confirmed we are back here already lol (and that means declarations about anyone - they might love McCarthy I don't know). 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

He generates so much power off base.  That kind of capability is both nice and dangerous.

Opens more options for everyone.  But you want to make sure it's not a habit.  It's a tough balance.

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Every single year people overrate these pro days

Not me.

I’m pleased Maye looked good though. We’re set well to get a great QB prospect, whoever that ends up being.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Your dreaming bro.  That isn't happening. You may ask for that but they'll laugh in your face.  You start high. yes and end up pretty close, I think of what I stated.  I did say a little more with my specifics too. :)  Bottom line we aren't trading the pick. 

If they want him bad enough they will pay haha. 

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Cool cool cool

Every single year people overrate these pro days or give them more credit than they deserve. People will make some throws, miss some throws and nothing will change.

I just don't understand how, the cast majority were loud, wrong and looked foolish after making these grand declarations about Ben Johnson we are back here already lol (and that means declarations about anyone - they might love McCarthy I don't know). 

I mean it doesn’t guarantee anything and it isn’t important. But that being said, they aren’t actors. There is no subterfuge and their facial expressions are genuine. If they thought he performed poorly, or thought he was a jerk in their previous interviews, they wouldn’t look like that.

I really don’t think they have decided until they bring the 3 QBs in for long visits and talk ball with them/observe them over a longer period.

• Thanks 1