Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think they have a choice. They are nowhere near in a position to get a new QB. Unless they get lucky again with another mid rounder. 

They have Trey Lance. If he looks good in practice, maybe they give him a shot?

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was going to post this, but it was going to be a joke.  I think this is as likely as Dwayne Haskins being the starter in Pittsburgh.  

Honestly, they would be better off going with Lance and trying to groom a new rookie, not spending wasted money on Dak. If I were a GM or Team Owner I would never give a guy who clearly can't win a Super Bowl a huge contract. Dak has been built up to be this superstar QB but that's only because he plays for Dallas. Dak is not a big time baller, just as Kirk Cousins is not. And neither of those guys are even "build a great team around them guys" like Brad Johnson and Joe Flacco. It's so clear to see, I can't believe they can't see it. Delusional.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

They have Trey Lance?????

Lance is 6'4" 230, prototypical size. I have no idea how good he is or why he was a bad fit in SF, but his size gets me more excited than Dak. Maybe they should give him a shot, what have they got to lose, other than the 100 million they give to Dak "Never Gonna Win A Big Game" Prescott.

Trevor Sikkema's latest mock has us trading down to 12 to the Broncos for 3 1sts and a 2nd. He then has us trade back up to 10 to pick McCarthy. Interesting idea. If thats where analytics lead them I guess?

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-post-super-bowl-2024-nfl-mock-draft-five-quarterbacks-first-round

2.png

• Commanders receive: A 2024 first-round pick (No. 12), a 2025 first-round pick, a 2025 second-round pick and a 2026 first-round pick.
  • Broncos receive: A 2024 first-round pick (No. 2).

I believe the market for quarterbacks in this draft will be red hot, and we’ll see that solidify after free agency.

Teams such as the Falcons, Raiders, Broncos and Vikings will all be looking to move up for a quarterback. Here, I have an aggressive Sean Payton moving from No. 12 to No. 2 by giving up the same compensation package the 49ers offered to move up from No. 12 to No. 3 for Trey Lance in 2021.

10.png

• Commanders receive: A 2024 first-round pick (No. 10), a 2024 third-round pick (No. 73)
  • Jets receive: A 2024 first-round pick (No. 12), a 2024 second-round pick (No. 40)

There's a bit of added wheelin’ and dealin’ here for the Commanders, as they move from No. 2 to No. 12 and then use some of their extra Day 2 ammo to jump the Vikings for a talented developmental quarterback in Michigan's J.J. McCarthy.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was going to post this, but it was going to be a joke.  I think this is as likely as Dwayne Haskins being the starter in Pittsburgh.  

Uh. This is a touch uncalled for…

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

Let me adjust that post earlier with this one.

These are still third down numbers, just trying to get things more readable, and that Jayden Daniels Int number wasn't right. It was 3 ints, not 4. 

image.thumb.png.bcd3d451cbbd9c5e6ffa081c3df12b16.png

And this is some 3rd down stuff from 2022. 

image.thumb.png.a9d9cbb92ea6d4c85a8724cb29461247.png

Edited by Thinking Skins
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

This doesn't address the point at all. FSU got hosed on the playoff selection bc of Jordan Travis' injury and $$$ politics, and got waxed by Georgia bc none of their starters played in the non-playoff bowl game. Just blind SEC homerism

I'll give you this: in the last 10 years, an ACC school has won twice (Clemson). The decision to not play any staters was illogical. The selection committee got it right: the ACC was the weakest conference among those in contention. FSU was the long ACC team that was in the top 25 consistently; all the other teams were Pac-10, SEC, or Big Ten.   

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If cowboys let Dak walk who would sign him? 

He has 2 years left in his contract?

I would wait on signing him. Someone would want him but I don't think he get huge contract.

He would (and will) receive an enormous contract the moment he’s available. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Not sure. There would be no shortage of teams on the phone with him immediately.

Somebody obviously would sign him but I think he gets like 60 million a year.  He going to want to be the highest paid Qb in the league. The Cowboys should put a line in the sand on that.

I don't know who they would replace him with thought. He has great production but has not won in the playoffs. They will have pay him a ton but they have alot of other players to pay. He good but there are probably ten Qb that are better. I would not want to pay top five money and he is going to want to be highest paid qb in the league.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Not sure. There would be no shortage of teams on the phone with him immediately.

Yep.  Guys, Dak Prescott was a second team All Pro this year and finished second in MVP voting.  He led the NFL in TD passes and tied for third among all players in AV with Lamar Jackson.

If we ever have a QB that has a season as good as the one Dak just had, we'd be booking his ticket to Canton.  He's in his prime and is coming off a dominant season where he was arguably the second best QB in the league this year.  There is no way the Cowboys let him walk out the door.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Tyler Spiers said:

Lance is 6'4" 230, prototypical size. I have no idea how good he is or why he was a bad fit in SF, but his size gets me more excited than Dak. Maybe they should give him a shot, what have they got to lose, other than the 100 million they give to Dak "Never Gonna Win A Big Game" Prescott.

Lance failed miserably in what is possibly the single most QB friendly scheme in the NFL in Shanny's. To me that means he's basically a complete bust in general.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NOLA2DC said:

I'll give you this: in the last 10 years, an ACC school has won twice (Clemson). The decision to not play any staters was illogical. The selection committee got it right: the ACC was the weakest conference among those in contention. FSU was the long ACC team that was in the top 25 consistently; all the other teams were Pac-10, SEC, or Big Ten.   

Well it wasn't the teams decision not to play starters - the players opted out because all the guys with NFL draft potential aren't going to risk injury for a non-playoff bowl game. FSU got screwed because of the Travis injury... if not for that, who knows how the tournament shakes out. In any case, the SEC was not particularly great this season when you look up and down the conference. 

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Lance failed miserably in what is possibly the single most QB friendly scheme in the NFL in Shanny's. To me that means he's basically a complete bust in general.

To be a fair to the kid,  he was certainly a project development QB that needed time to play.

dont know why a team trying to win the SB would draft a guy like that but he did some signs of higher ceiling potential but he keeps gets hurt.

you can’t develop if you are always hurt

Edited by sjinhan

17 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

To be a fair to the kid,  he was certainly a project development QB that needed time to play.

dont know why a team trying to win the SB would draft a guy like that but he did some signs of higher ceiling potential but he keeps gets hurt.

you can’t develop if you are always hurt

For sure and one thing that quiets me like for Daniels. He is never going to survive some of those hits he has taken when they come from NFL LBs and Safeties.