Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I don’t think it will result in a win so I’m not too upset. Also, Howell’s confidence looks shot and I’m guessing he’s dealing with arm fatigue from playing a full NFL season, along with all the reps from camp, throwing it more than any other QB in the league, etc. If there is any hope you get anything out of Sam as a backup next year, he needs to sit.  

Also it’s doing right by EB and Brisett.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nothing Commies fans love more than a quarterback controversy.  We've been living in one for most of the past 35 years, why stop now?

And nothing brings out the level of self-assured stupid more. Actually, the intelligence of conversation in a couple key threads has taken a serious hit but the QB commentary remains the #1 issue in fandom that leads to massive brain ooze.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If Rivera somehow manages to win one of these next 2 games with JB at the helm it only makes him look more stupid for not making the change when the team still had something to play for. I honestly see nothing positive in this for Ron or the future of the franchise. Nothing. And Rivera is lining himself up to be one of the most hated coaches in franchise history if he goes out winning a meaningless game and ruining the franchises chance to fix the QB position once and for all. The utter stupidity of it all is unbelievable. 

Call me a white Herm Edwards.  But I can't get behind rooting for losses week to week simply to improve draft order.  You. Play. To. Win. The. Game.

I do take the long view and look at the benefits of losing AFTER a loss.  To soothe the frustration of another inept performance.  

...After the fact...

But when I'm in front of the television watching them, I'm rooting for touchdowns and defensive stops. 

That's harder to do this season than most - given that Sam Howell hasn't proven himself, our resulting glaring need at quarterback, and the prospect of top candidates there for the choosing on April 25.

But even then the draft is a crap shoot, especially at quarterback.  Tanking sucks.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Sam has no long term future here. If we maintain a Top 5 pick, we are drafting a qb. Even if slip out of the top 5; we will still draft a qb. Not with the round 1 pick but probably spend a 2nd round pick on a qb, to compete with Sam for the job.

He’s on a cheap rookie deal for two more seasons and at the worst a good backup. Now long term as a starter - probably right. 

• Like 3

3. Washington Commanders with $81M in cap space

Projected QB: Trade up for Drake Maye.

• The previous regime believed Sam Howell deserved the 2024 starting job, but he’s a fringe starter with too many mistakes to take seriously. We’ll see if another name becomes available. At the very least, a Jacoby Brissett replacement is in order with the veteran hitting free agency. The big-boy move would be LSU Heisman Jayden Daniels in Round 1.

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Call me a white Herm Edwards.  But I can't get behind rooting for losses week to week simply to improve draft order.  You. Play. To. Win. The. Game.

I do take the long view and look at the benefits of losing AFTER a loss.  To soothe the frustration of another inept performance.  

...After the fact...

But when I'm in front of the television watching them, I'm rooting for touchdowns and defensive stops. 

That's harder to do this season than most - given that Sam Howell hasn't proven himself, our resulting glaring need at quarterback, and the prospect of top candidates there for the choosing on April 25.

But even then the draft is a crap shoot, especially at quarterback.  Tanking sucks.

I'm not gonna lie, I got into the comeback, but when the Jets were lining up to kick that FG, I was rooting for it to go right down the middle. lol

• Like 2

Just now, theTruthTeller said:

I love  how people think that the only way for us to lose out to SF and Dallas is if we don't try to win.

No one said that.  No one here clearly thinks that we are better than SF or Dallas. 

But if Dallas plays at half speed in the last week -- yes Dallas can lose and its not like we haven't seen that movie before.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

3. Washington Commanders with $81M in cap space

Projected QB: Trade up for Drake Maye.

• The previous regime believed Sam Howell deserved the 2024 starting job, but he’s a fringe starter with too many mistakes to take seriously. We’ll see if another name becomes available. At the very least, a Jacoby Brissett replacement is in order with the veteran hitting free agency. The big-boy move would be LSU Heisman Jayden Daniels in Round 1.

We bring in Hortiz or Cunningham, I'm thinking either Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels as the next QB due to their physical talents of mobility and a solid OC and QB coach to help groom both of them.  

20 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

We are not winning anymore games. RELAX

Cowboys didn't like the way the last game ended last year. They will play to win.

I do think that's most likely. Also, it's so late in any "let's try to help the QB" moves for Sam that decisions either way aren't going to repair the damage done (that's aside from the areas of his game that require self-improvement, self-growth).

That position was screwed from a season pov by Ron and co. (Inc. eb) from the off season to now and to the end. 

We will have a diff starting QB next season and i hope Sam finds a chance to still put together a decent career in other place(s) as starter or backup. Or even here still here if new guys think it's smart.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

RR is proving with each week what a horrendous coach he is. And don't worry about tanking. This team is coached by a guy who hasn't had a winning season since he's been here. I always want my team to win, but with RR, expectations have always been tempered. Damn, can't wait for him to be gone.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We bring in Hortiz or Cunningham, I'm thinking either Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels as the next QB due to their physical talents of mobility and a solid OC and QB coach to help groom both of them.  

Maye is just as athletic as Williams. Maybe even more athletic. And he is bigger. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm not gonna lie, I got into the comeback, but when the Jets were lining up to kick that FG, I was rooting for it to go right down the middle. lol

Man, I rooted the Jets down the field and for the kick to go in like I needed it to hit a 5 way parlay.

I’ve never been so devastated by a potential win in my lifetime.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Maybe but I am not sure why Drake Maye is out of that.  The dude could run.    He was a more profilic runner in college than Caleb. 

• Like 3

after a few hours thinking about this. If Ron did this, but also decided to give guys like Wylie and Logan Thomas a seat. Mayo and St. Juste too. Then you would see a guy sitting down all the players who aren't performing. But he's not.

Let me see Mason Brooks, Kazmeir Allen and whoever from the practice squad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

...After the fact...

We aren’t really tanking at 4-11, ship has sailed.

Frankly I am relieved they made the change at QB. Sam is fried. I also think he has been mismanaged. Simply the ratio of runs to passes was mind-boggling to me. But many have already talked about that on this board.  I still maintain it is difficult to know who he could be.  Maybe a sports psychologist could help him. And I am not joking about that.  He has two more years left here with a whole new regime coming in.  Anything can happen. 

• Like 3