Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

This was inevitable - it’s actually in Sam’s best interest.

He is getting nothing but negative stuff playing right now. His confidence is shot, he’s not seeing the field, his footwork is all over the place and he’s rushing throws. 

I still think he can be a good QB. But it will take a new coaching staff time to build him back up and put him back together. That’s probably as a back up here in the short term because it’s almost inevitable we will be drafting a QB and doing a hard reset overall this coming offseason.

I wouldn’t worry about draft status -

this defense is not stopping the 49ers or Cowboys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Cruel most of all for the players.

How are they supposed to respect someone they knew was going to be fired for the past 7 months? Pretending to believe whatever he is selling. The culture. Forced to listen to him must have been very painful while in their heads asking why am I listening to this guy again? It's the not for long league and players careers are being set back or ruined in Ron's **** show. Suddenly fans complaining about Allen and TMC was a huge red flag Ron should have been gone months ago.

Ron should be fired today so Howell can get the start, and finish what he started. The tankers must be besides themselves knowing Ron is out to tank their tank ambitions.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I almost feel like it would be negligent to let him continue coaching. Like fire him today and be done with it. 

But then -- you come off looking like the over involved owner. 

Harris is in a tough spot:

1. He told Rivera he would give him the year.  That's clearly out in the ether. If he goes back on his word, that's not great for the recruiting period which is about to get underway.

2. If he tells Ron to start Sam or Fromm instead of Brissett, you KNOW Ron's going to get that out there.  Probably to that guy he's really close to who's name I can't remember.  They went to college together, he worked for the team for a period of time, he leaked some information to him....  Regardless, if Harris dictates to Ron, then he's a meddlesome owner.  Again, not a great look when you're trying to hire a GM and Coach.

3. The other players on the team probably all want Brissett to start, because they want to put good film on tape for themselves.  If the owner swoops in and overtly presses the "tank" button, that's not good for player relations, either with these players or others who might want to come here.

4.  I'm also pretty sure Harris/Shen, whoever, don't think it would be great to keep putting Howell out there to continue to struggle and get killed.  The other option is Fromm.  That's not going to go over that well.

I don't know that there is anything Harris could do at this point which doesn't fly in the face of his own interests.  

What they SHOULD do is IR everybody who has a booboo.  And EVERYBODY has a booboo.  McLaruin, Payne, Allen are the obvious ones. Curl should declare himself ineligible going into a FA year.  Frankly, so should Gibson.  

But whatever.  We have to trust the 49ers will beat us no matter what.  

And then we have to make the same ritual sacrifices to the football Gods against Dallas we did against the Jets.  

• Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

The only positive with starting Jacoby now is to evaluate others on the offense. 

But who?  We know everything we need to know about everybody who's coming back:

Leno - Ok but too expensive and needs to be upgraded.

Charles/Paul are both FAs.  Neither are coming abck.

Gates - he stinks.  We know that already.

Cosmi - he doesn't stink and we know that.

Wylie - he stinks.  We know that already

Robinson shouldn't play.  But we know he's good.

Rodriguez is good.  We know that.

Gibson is a FA, and we have 4 years of film on him.

McLaurin is very good.  We know that.

Dotson is a second year undersized WR who struggles against the press.  We know that.

Samuel is a FA.

Logan Thomas is old, slow and expensive.  We know that.

Turner isn't who we thought he was.  We know that.

Bates is good at blocking and dropping passes.  Already knows.

Who exactly do we need to evaluate?  Everything is already known.  

If you want to play Tinsley, and a few other ST guys, I'm all for it.  But I don't think that really changes anything, and I am damn sure Ron's not going to do that. 

21 minutes ago, MartinC said:

this defense is not stopping the 49ers or Cowboys.

Mike McCarthy is a complete and total fool.  It's WILD he's been so successful because he has a LOADED Dallas team and had Aaron Rodgers. 

Never put a choke job by a McCarthy team out of the question.  

If they don't have something to play for, it's going to be a close game.  And the Commander's players are going to be ticked off and try hard because they were punked by the turkey eating on the sidelines at Thanksgiving.

Only Ron can not find a QB in 4 years and then make it harder to get a QB because he is going to try extra hard to win a finale to claim success on a 5-12 season.

(Insert Steve Spurrier "Well, we ended up 5-11.  Not very good" soundbite here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It’s a BS move.

We allegedly got offered something like a 6th rounder for Brissett at the deadline, Browns maybe ? Anyway, Ron got his way to keep him. What, so he might get to 5-12 ?

It’s a disgrace. If we win a game in the next 2 weeks the ‘cost’ likely equates to a second rounder minimum in draft value. Ie, a probable starter for the future. Fuming.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Never put a choke job by a McCarthy team out of the question.  

If they don't have something to play for, it's going to be a close game.  And the Commander's players are going to be ticked off and try hard because they were punked by the turkey eating on the sidelines at Thanksgiving.

Only Ron can not find a QB in 4 years and then make it harder to get a QB because he is going to try extra hard to win a finale to claim success on a 5-12 season.

(Insert Steve Spurrier "Well, we ended up 5-11.  Not very good" soundbite here. 

Ron's era among others things has been marked by they can't win when it matters and he brags to no end about meaningless wins that don't matter to the bottom line aside from worsening their draft position. 

Heck even their one win when the stakes were high -- against Philly in Ron's first season, the Eagles weren't even trying to win yet Washington almost lost.  We were saved by Philly bringing in Sudfeld. 

No doubt in the back of Ron's mind a win against Dallas will be his last to tell everyone how he left the roster in great shape -- did you see all those young pups beat up on playoff bound Dallas or something like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Brissett is going to come in and win games?  He was 4-7 with the Browns who had a much better roster than we have right now.  

The Browns had a crap defense last year as Keim talked about on his podcast.  His relatives are Browns fans.  Brissett played decently last year.

Do I think Brissett helps beat the 49ers?  Nope.  But if Howell in his rookie debut help beat Dallas at the end of the season when Dallas was playing half speed.  Why couldn't Brissett do it the year after in potentially ther exact some context?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

In the realm of sports, merit continues to hold some weight. Jacoby’s brief appearances have notably energized the offense. Howell couldn’t firmly solidify himself as a foundational player for the franchise. Although there’s a chance for Howell to rebound if circumstances align, the upcoming offseason will predominantly focus on seeking the next potential franchise quarterback.

The Howell experiment is over. I had some hope and as I’ve said again and again, his legs should’ve been part of the offense (criminal it wasn’t) … he’s pretty special in that area.