Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

42 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I doubt the general playbook for Heinicke would change much, regardless of where he goes or who is coaching him. Due to his limitations you have to be able to run the ball well and play good defense. A new coach isn't going to suddenly magic away those build-in limitations. Coaches have all watched his film and they'll all know this by now. That's why there's almost zero chance he'll be brought in by another team as a starter. He's a backup, wherever he goes.

And Jones is still a completely mediocre QB. He's not some crazy different player now. He runs more and they give him easier passes to make.

Heinicke is not Yoda, he's Kit Fisto.

Sure he has limitations, but he can be serviceable. Utilize his running ability and stop calling 7 step drops behind our piss poor offensive line would be a start

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

Sure he has limitations, but he can be serviceable. Utilize his running ability and stop calling 7 step drops behind our piss poor offensive line would be a start

He's shown that he can be serviceable when all other aspects of a team are top notch and he has guys who can make plenty of circus catches. That's not going to be the case most of the time.

As far as running, Heinicke doesn't utilize his own running ability. The coaches lamented publicly last season that he wasn't using his legs much, and there have been tons of RPOs we've seen this season where the easy and clear correct option was to run and he handed it off anyway.

For whatever reason he currently seems super hesitant to use his legs, which was basically his biggest asset and which he now self-negates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

He's shown that he can be serviceable when all other aspects of a team are top notch and he has guys who can make plenty of circus catches. That's not going to be the case most of the time.

As far as running, Heinicke doesn't utilize his own running ability. The coaches lamented publicly last season that he wasn't using his legs much, and there have been tons of RPOs we've seen this season where the easy and clear correct option was to run and he handed it off anyway.

For whatever reason he currently seems super hesitant to use his legs, which was basically his biggest asset and which he now self-negates.

I was questioning your logic about Heinicke  not running but after watching Howell, I agree

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So I think it’s now clearly safe to say that Howell was more than capable of running the Heinicke offense all along. 

I'm gonna wait lol...I remember how we all felt after seeing Wentz against the Jags. But it's a nice feeling to have right now going into the offseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

The most important thing I saw from Howell was poise and confidence. He never seemed rattled, never got happy feet. I was very impressed.

I'd love to hear more from those with a more attuned eye to the fundamentals.

Agreed. He kept his poise after the poor pass INT. I liked seeing the different arm angles when he needed to get the ball down the field. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm gonna wait lol...I remember how we all felt after seeing Wentz against the Jags. But it's a nice feeling to have right now going into the offseason.

I will tell you right now. Howell is better than Wentz. :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I’m not anointing the guy or anything.  I just meant that it’s obvious he can clearly operate a run heavy offense behind a stout D, ie: the Heinicke offense.