Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So no talk of the report that Washington offered 5 firsts and Seattle rejected it because they feared the Washington Commanders in their conference with no first for 5 years?    

I don't see Drew Lock as having any more value than Taylor Heineke.  If anything Heinke has a better NFL resume.  I don't understand why people think the Raiders will part ways with Carr. What upgrade is now available on the market?  Watson. That's it, that's the list.  Why would they trade their QB with so much uncertainty surrounding Watson?  

I dont think Carr is even on the table.  I'd pay that option no mind as it's not an option, IMO.

Just heard Schefter allude to this and I’ve thought this all along: There is no way in hell the Commanders can trade for Watson with all of their SA issues, even if Watson is fully cleared. I can’t see it happening. Not even a consideration for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Give Houston Chase and our #1 pick. I'm sick of not having a real QB. 

I agree that Chase should be in the cards when trading for a QB.. However I dont think we can trade for Watson due to issues that the franchise had with misconduct.

Carr would be great but I have no clue what it will require.  I surely hope we do not pay anything close to what Seattle got for Wilson but who know with this market.  That is my fear.

At this point, I am also somewhat ok with us just trading our picks this year to build up ammo for next year's draft and just to get by this year with either Wentz or Mariota if we get them in on a short contract.

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Give Houston Chase and our #1 pick. I'm sick of not having a real QB. 

If it takes Chase to get Watson, people are crazy to not part with him. Even at the draft, I never understood valuing a DE over a QB. I'd give 2 Chase Youngs for a good QB.  

• Like 2

If we are going for Jimmy G then definitely we cant be giving him a long extension.. just treat him like a bridge QB that he probably is ala Alex Smith.. Dont make the mistake of giving the "new Alex Smith" a contract extension when it is not warranted.

Just now, justice98 said:

If it takes Chase to get Watson, people are crazy to not part with him. Even at the draft, I never understood valuing a DE over a QB. I'd give 2 Chase Youngs for a good QB.  

You know we cant keep everyone anyways.. you would be willing to part ways with Chase and one of the DTs as part of the package.  You are going to lose 2-3 players off the DL via FA anyways IMHO.

53 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

He is younger, bigger, stronger, faster(40 times), costs 1.5 Mil less, and has no dead money attached should they make further moves. All things you don't get w/ TH. He is simply more desirable in a plethora of ways. He does not have a lot of value, but at least he has some.

Meh. Drew Lock can't play in this league, it really doesn't matter that he has more tools. They are both cheap as far as QBs go and at least Heinke has things like that Tampa playoff game on his resume, something Drew Lock does not have.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I cant and won't. 

Trubs is a FA. He might suck, but he's at least a bad NFL QB. We don't currently even have that.

FA yes, wouldn't pay him the simoleans he'd think he deserves based on his track record of poor decision-making and erratic accuracy. You can get those qualities in a rookie. Money is an asset, and if you can spread it around elsewhere to acquire weapons, it's a wasted asset if using it on Trubs.

I appreciate the Bills doing him a solid by pumping the prime behind the scenes. Not buying, though.

• Like 1

I used to think the Heineke Hive was the most annoying in regards to discussing the QB position.  That's quickly being taken over by the constant talk about trading the farm for Deshaun Watson, as if his legal troubles are merely just a hurdle to jump in acquiring him, and not a huge black eye on both him and whoever trades for him.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Lock is awful. Heinicke isn't very good but he's significantly better than Lock. He shouldn't be considered value at all in that trade. 

The more I look at it, the more surprised I am at how little the Seahawks got back in return. 

Agree with all of this. I'm not familiar with the other 2 players but I would have thought even more for  a player like Wilson.  

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

He is younger, bigger, stronger, faster(40 times), costs 1.5 Mil less, and has no dead money attached should they make further moves. All things you don't get w/ TH. He is simply more desirable in a plethora of ways. He does not have a lot of value, but at least he has some.

So you're saying Lock would play for free? 

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

For all the Philly bashing going on around here, some of y'all need to learn something from the city of brotherly love. No one likes us and we don't care. We all know that this is a **** franchise that sprays poo on our fans at games in our crumbling stadium next to a B list city. We have some legit players on our team, with only really two holes. Major holes at the 2 spots you really don't want them to be, but we do. We can easily fill those two holes in the first two rounds of the draft. Allen Young the rest of these guys are going to have a huge chip on their shoulder this season. A total **** everyone attitude and we have some monsters on this team that can really knock people the **** out. We have to embrace that ****. Whoever we bring in at QB will be completely supported in every way and this team will fight for them. Not Taylor, then they'll fight each other again, but I digress. 

Let everyone say they don't want to come here. **** all of them. Keep drafting well and build this monster our way.

Lived in DC for some time, visted Philly multiple times.  I think Philly is an underrated fun city.  I do prefer DC but Philly IMO is cool, too.  I love that their stadiums are all grouped together, saw a concert there, right off of the highway.   Great food.  Love the vibe of that city.

Speaking of Philly, I love the Chase Young interview where he said he's going Rocky 4 as far as training.  I get the vibe that Young-Sweat went some Rocky 3 heading into last season.  Got full of themselves and complacent.  I do think Chase has a big bounce back year.  One of the reasons why I liked him before the draft is his clear desire to be great.

Listening to Keim's latest podcast.  He stringly hinted that this roster while might be strong, the narrative isn't as strong as it needs to be citing the defenses down year.  Citing sounds good to say Curtis Samuel is a good #2 and Dyami will develop but that chapter unfold. 

He didn't make the conclusion to his point but it sounds like what he was implying in the context of his point was Denver has a real strong defense, ranked high, etc.  Denver's weapons are obvious.  With this team you got the history of losing AND you need to take a leap of faith that somethings unfold in their favor.  Keim wasn't cynical that it doesn't unfold but was implying that if you are looking at this team from 1000 feet, the idea that this roster is loaded isn't as obvious as it would be with Denver.  But again he didn't flesh out that point, I am fleshing it out.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SuperBash said:

Just heard Schefter allude to this and I’ve thought this all along: There is no way in hell the Commanders can trade for Watson with all of their SA issues, even if Watson is fully cleared. I can’t see it happening. Not even a consideration for me.

I Believe it was Keim, Who said that the current front office was not here when the ownership had its sexual harassment problems so they don't see themselves connected to that problem. So that would possibly not stop them from trading for Watson

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SuperBash said:

That's where I stand. Besides, at this point, trading Watson because he "gets off" is a bit like selling your soul or making a deal with the Devil. The question is what will you turn a blind eye to in order to win?

Even bigger is the issue that the sexual harassment issue is not resolved in Washington. It's not in the past. Sure, Ron and Mayhew had nothing to do with it, but the owner is under direct accusation and had to "voluntarily" suspend himself.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I didn’t think Russ would be traded, now that he has this sucks bad. 2 years in a row of the same crap. I do think we are a legit QB away from contending, esp with the NFC being so weak. We’d have one of the best rosters in the Conference.

fix the 2 biggest holes, sign Wagner… a huge opportunity for us.
trade for Jimmy or sign Mariota. Maybe next years 2nd gets Jimmy? Draft a flyer QB in 2nd or lower. Hope it’s someone like ridder or Howell. I think Corral is gone before pick 11, but he’s still my QB if not . Pick 11 is a stud who can contribute right away. 

I’ve never liked Winston, can’t stand the dude and I’m 100% out on Mitch.  

Keim latest podcast

A.  Wilson during the Senior Bowl asked about this team to some people and was receptive to coming here from what he heard.  But (and Keim did say so at the time) he was just doing preliminary research and was poised to ask others and comparison shop. 

If you recall close to the pro bowl week Dan made news in a bad way with the Congressional investigation -- now Keim didn't mention this part but I did mention it when it was going on.  Not sure if Dan's exploits ruined this (I am guessing not) but the timing of the whole let me investigate myself among other things wasn't hot timing when a player is exploring a team and doing apples to apples comparisons.

B.  He heard Seattle wanted to trade him to the AFC.  This team believes this is why they had no shot

C.  he heard that Seattle didn't consider Heinicke as a viable bridge QB. 

D.  Denver having a higher pick in this draft likely is a nice gravy to this.  if they want a QB in this draft it takes Denver out of the equation and they'd be picking ahead of us so it sets them up to get their guy if they have one.

E.  Doesn't think right now Carr gets traded

F.  Mentioned Wentz and Jimmy G as possible targets

G.  Watson is on the table.  Implied legal stuff needs to be cleared.

H.  Implied if they build the roster more and things evolve ala the defense has a bounce back season, Dyami emerges, etc -- this spot might feel more attractive next year.

I.  Could sign a big FA if they don't spent big money on a QB.  Tough to sell fans to get jazzed about this season with a low tier QB at the helm without doing something else

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

You know we cant keep everyone anyways.. you would be willing to part ways with Chase and one of the DTs as part of the package.  You are going to lose 2-3 players off the DL via FA anyways IMHO.

I think they could still do ok with Sweat, Ioaniddis, and Allen.  If Young and Payne had to go, so be it.  If Payne left, maybe it opens up room to keep Settle, who probably walks as of right now.

There'd be a hole to fill at DE, sure, but I'd take my chances with that over this QB wasteland.  

15 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I Believe it was Keim, Who said that the current front office was not here when the ownership had its sexual harassment problems so they don't see themselves connected to that problem. So that would possibly not stop them from trading for Watson

Keim, Standig, and Finlay all think Watson is on the table.  But I don't get the vibe that its a burning desire just yet -- some mixed things come out in the soup about waiting for various legal issues clear, etc. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

We're not going to get any meaningful intell about Watson's hearing on Friday, he's going to take the 5th per his attorney. From the article.

The Houston Texans quarterback is scheduled to have his first deposition on March 11 in the lawsuit wherein 22 women allege he committed sexual assault. After almost a full year since the first civil suit was filed in Harris County district court, the former 2017 first-round pick will be eligible to answer questions under oath regarding the combined suit.

According to Aaron Wilson from the Pro Football Network, Watson’s plan to take the Fifth Amendment is from his lawyer, Rusty Hardin. The grand jury will also hear presentation from the district attorney on Friday. A request to delay was denied.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-texans-qb-deshaun-watson-020614916.html

Re Watson and legal situation. Pleading the 5th is in regard to the actual civil cases

the grand jury is to see if a criminal case will be pursued. We should actually learn a lot about the situation post grand jury

Watson is clearly the most talented of the potential QBs out there, but the situation is murky at best. Having teenage daughters and dealing with this **** from young men makes my stomach turn. I hate Dan Snyder and what he’s recently been accused of is disgusting… Watson has been accused of much worse. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3