Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Now I'm reading where NE is open to trading back so I'll bet that happens....need to fill more holes than just QB and must not be in love with Maye or Daniels. 

Or they are in love with one and not the other.  They are open to trades incase Washington takes the QB they want.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Right. I don't put too much stock in any of them. But the guy I quote was specifically talking about how much he hates Solak so I was amused by it. 

Thought this was interesting btw haven't checked to see if any of you have posted it yet 

I like them, but think it needs to be underlined that what it is is basically tape grinding w/an outlined, clear process for grading, and standardized procedures, not just joe random saying what he see's/thinks from viewing a couple of games. I like it for trumping that, but it's still, premised upon people interpreting what they see on tape, and grading it. So i like that it has baseline standards, but I still lean towards more analytics. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Commander20180 said:

I really can't stand Florio or Simms. So unprofessional. They really do look like a couple of clowns.

Same guys who claimed Bellichick was going to be traded to Washington.

I wish someone would ask them live on air how that turned out...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I travel a LOT. Never ever check bags. Ever. I have done 3 week trips to the Middle East coming back via India with a roll on and backpack. Hotels do laundry ...

It's taken me about 20 years to get my wife to understand this when we travel on vacation  - but I got there and I take my wins where I get them. 

Same, same. I used to travel for work... a lot... two consecutive weeks out of every month for an entire year. All CONUS, but a lot. I know what fits in carry-on and what doesn't, don't trust the airlines and knew exactly what I needed for a trip versus what was fluff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll take bets now if they take Drake Maye he's not sitting out the season.

He's IMO much more ready than his critics think.  Will see. 

I wouldn't care one way or the other as long as it wasn't the full season. I'm very much invested in us winning 3-5 games rather than 6-9, it will serve the long term build much better to be picking top 10, top 45, and top 75 on day 1 and day 2 in '25. 

After listening to Greg Cosell -- an objective pro, not a blogger boy pushing a narrative, Keim, and others that are well-respected in the league instead of twitter, I think it's pretty clear the pick is probably Daniels. The tape is simply too good and he's simply too well-liked by everyone who has spent time with him. There's a reason New England wants him too. The league doesn't care that he might have a nutty agent -- isn't the first player to have one, won't be the last.

Very outside chance they make a monster trade with someone and take Penix. There's a reason they brought him in -- they like him a lot.  It also shows their preference for someone who could start right away with the fewest amount of growing pains. 

I'm sure some in the building will push for Maye -- based on his traits alone -- but you have to build a consensus. And it clear the consensus in the league is Daniels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

KEIM INTERVIEW WITH JP ON 106.7.

Rough Notes:

Predraft presser later today with AP possibly others, will be a lot of questions about Commanders process

Keim on tweet from agent— 

At this point so far along in process tweet won’t affect Commanders choice

By now they know if they trust jd the player and jd the person. 

How they get along with agent has no bearing on their decision and shouldn’t.

The team has all the power.  

The agent should have done any complaining behind the scenes but Commanders won’t allow it to impact the qb they choose.

I honestly do not understand why people keep making this argument and that angle is what most talking heads take. I don't think anybody says that the team will not draft him because his agent put out a stupid tweet. That would be ridiculous. What people are saying is that the agent put that tweet out because they might have gotten the feeling the Commanders are not drafting Daniels.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

After listening to Greg Cosell -- an objective pro, not a blogger boy pushing a narrative, Keim, and others that are well-respected in the league instead of twitter, I think it's pretty clear the pick is probably Daniels. The tape is simply too good and he's simply too well-liked by everyone who has spent time with him. There's a reason New England wants him too. The league doesn't care that he might have a nutty agent -- isn't the first player to have one, won't be the last.

Very outside chance they make a monster trade with someone and take Penix. There's a reason they brought him in -- they like him a lot.  It also shows their preference for someone who could start right away with the fewest amount of growing pains. 

I'm sure some in the building will push for Maye -- based on his traits alone -- but you have to build a consensus. And it clear the consensus in the league is Daniels. 

Seems like you have reached the bargaining stage of your grief for losing JD. Hopefully you will reach acceptance soon. We are here for you buddy.

1661465042348.jpg.a5a8a546bfc7be85ea24060a0aae56ff.jpg

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

This is false, this pick dos not require ANY consensus, especially from outside the building. Adam Peters can make the pick with or without it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Anyone have a time for the press conference later today? I was expecting maybe 2 or 3. I'm sure one of our upstanding members will share the link when it starts but wanted to clear that time beforehand. 

13 minutes ago, Hooper said:

All of that is based on league sources but who cares what they think? We can look at the draft odds if we want to see what the (outside) majority thinks will happen. Last year Levis was the favorite to go #2 overall until the day before the draft. At the end of the day it only matters what Peters thinks because he will make that choice. The league has been really bad at evaluating QBs, it's how Young got drafted over Stroud and Tua over Herbert.

Just have to wait and see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

All of that is based on league sources but who cares what they think? We can look at the draft odds if we want to see what the (outside) majority thinks will happen. Last year Levis was the favorite to go #2 overall until the day before the draft. At the end of the day it only matters what Peters thinks because he will make that choice. The league has been really bad at evaluating QBs, it's how Young got drafted over Stroud and Tua over Herbert.

Just have to wait and see.

Yeah, given how tight-lipped this operations seems to be on multiple fronts, I think saying things like "It's pretty clear the pick is..." doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Personally, it feels like nothing is really clear with this group, hence 2 thousand plus pages of conjecture here

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The assumption is that because the league consensus appears to be Daniels, that we'll come to that same conclusion. Its a fair assumption to make. But...

1. We don't know if the league consensus is truly Daniels. There is no incentive for anyone else in the league to tell the truth.

2. We don't know how Quinn/Peters operate. They might value traits Daniels doesn't have or see someone else as better.

I don't think a decision has been made. I think its LIKELY to be Daniels because there is just too much smoke, but this regime is nothing if not super thorough.

3 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Yeah, given how tight-lipped this operations seems to be on multiple fronts, I think saying things like "It's pretty clear the pick is..." doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Personally, it feels like nothing is really clear with this group, hence 2 thousand plus pages of conjecture here

Yep and who are the league sources. Its quite clear there's some people that love Maye, some that like Daniels, and some that like JJ...additionally you have plenty of people saying that most of the people talking are ex-GM's, ex-scouts, ex-front office guys, and that guys in our specific building like someone when we know our building is basically locked down until our pick. 

I don't think it's clear, and I am worried there's JJ surprise potential too. 

Also on playerprofiler's podcast the other day, there was a nice betting point that was brought up:

Basically there's a strong perception, 80/20 that the Chargers are going OL, and yet the betting markets have Alt at like -1200 or something to go in the top 5, Fashanu even less, while Nabers apparently is like +175 to go in the top 5....how does that make sense?

Widespread perception is somebody is gonna move up for Nabers, and the Chargers are moving down for OL help rather than drafting a WR at slot. 

It's hard to figure the forest for the trees right now. 

11 minutes ago, Commander20180 said:

I really can't stand Florio or Simms. So unprofessional. They really do look like a couple of clowns.

I've always found both Simms to be self-inflating airheads as Sunday game commentators and worse in the pundit role.

It's fine they can tell player stories (mostly uninteresting in their case), but they're virtually useless as sources of actual football wisdom. 

My list of high ranked media pundits, ex player or not, in terms of intelligence, credibility, and reliability in the various positions they take or predictions they make, is very short.

I see all but a small handful as absolutely worthless other than for the entertainment of hearing football people talking about football. That's why gmfb had become one of my fave media efforts. Great entertainment and pretty decent expertise with the mix of the more intelligent punditry and ex player/coach/"journalist" contributions.

Then some genius at nflnet decided to screw up a winning hand. 🙄 Hopefully it recovers when they reopen in L.A. Just stupid to gave that show off the air during draft season.

There really is a competitive amount of football wisdom in this forum and similar distillations of serious intelligent longtime fans as an aggregate.

And proficient prognosticators in sports media simply don't exist. 

Oops. That's a long off topic response. 🫣😁

• Like 7

Word is out we are taking Maye. Daniels agent starts crying. New England is open to trading pick because they wanted Maye. Vikings now getting a private workout with JD. Maye is a commander.

18 minutes ago, MartinC said:

You will need to check that with my agent. He handles my schedule.

Is that because you're so shy? Or because you're mom makes him do it for you? 👹

This morning I watched jayden daniels versus Justin Herbert when daniels was a freshman at Arizona. 

I was expecting to see "suck" because that's kind of the narrative that's pushed a lot with daniels is that he sucked until his 5th year with lsu but he definitely did not suck.

It was a very good game from daniels and it was mostly all with his arm as a true freshman. 

I still favor maye, I doubt that'll change but daniels is a very exciting prospect and I'm not sure I agree that he was nothing until his last year, it looks to me like there were definitely flashes.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Word is out we are taking Maye. Daniels agent starts crying. New England is open to trading pick because they wanted Maye. Vikings now getting a private workout with JD. Maye is a commander.

OK sweet, no need to watch the draft then 😜

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, illone said:

This is false, this pick dos not require ANY consensus, especially from outside the building. Adam Peters can make the pick with or without it.

There is no way GMAP talks about collaboration with the Head coach and then makes his QB pick with no input. Convincing him to like the guy he likes? Maybe. But he’s not saying **** you I’m taking who I want. Be serious.