Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

37 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

I’m just going off what I saw last year. He played some solid football when he had a semi healthy skill player group and we won some games. It was also pretty much his rookie year. So if you add a year of experience+ better weapons+ an easier schedule then I think it equals better results. The 49ers went to the super bowl with Jimmy G, who I consider an average qb. I’m not saying we’re gonna have those results but yeah I could see our offense improve a lot and be in playoff contention in December with th or Howell if we stay somewhat healthy. 

TH also played some god awful football once teams figured him out. We had a pretty good OL last season, and we have a horrible one this season, so that's going to be a huge step backwards.

It wasn't his rookie year. We need to stop that stuff.

Jimmy G (even though I think he's utterly mediocre) is a much better QB than Heinicke.

Heinicke is who he is. Below average starter with a weak arm, some good scrambling ability (which he didn't use much last season) and some familiarity with the system. The idea that he's suddenly going "blossom" or something is silly.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Exactly.

He's a great backup.  He had every chance to show last year that he could be a franchise guy and couldn't do it.  

I dont even think hes a good back up. I think hes only a plus when he comes in off the bench when other teams cant gameplan for him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well, the positive here is that we will see if this team can respond under Heinicke like so many here think they should and could have done since week 1.

Going to be an interesting roller coaster.

I want a double harness.

I'd prefer a parachute. Just let me know it's going down so I can find a safe place to land.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

See, this is what i dont get. What is the best chance to do what finish .500 or less. Im a long time fan. What are we playing for. We are def not a playoff team, so why are we afraid to blow it up and start from scratch. At this point not many of will care. Stop with this mediocre crap snd build something worth watching...

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't hate Heinicke, but I'm starting grow extremely ****ing tired of the fans that think he's some sort of an answer.  

The most popular QB in DC for the past 30 years has perpetually been the guy on the bench no matter who the guy on the bench was.  It's lazy, unoriginal, obnoxious and exhausting.  

The starter is injured and he's the backup. Is he the answer? Probably not, but he's the only answer we got right now. I think he deserves our support IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AZDave said:

See, this is what i dont get. What is the best chance to do what finish .500 or less. Im a long time fan. What are we playing for. We are def not a playoff team, so why are we afraid to blow it up and start from scratch. At this point not many of will care. Stop with this mediocre crap snd build something worth watching...

Best chance to finish under .500 is... Jake Fromm.

And then maybe Wentz if the OL doesn't improve much. Though Larson makes things interesting vs. Nick Martin. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

TH also played some god awful football once teams figured him out. We had a pretty good OL last season, and we have a horrible one this season, so that's going to be a huge step backwards.

It wasn't his rookie year. We need to stop that stuff.

Jimmy G (even though I think he's utterly mediocre) is a much better QB than Heinicke.

Heinicke is who he is. Below average starter with a weak arm, some good scrambling ability (which he didn't use much last season) and some familiarity with the system. The idea that he's suddenly going "blossom" or something is silly.

I guess the biggest argument I have is that I disagree that defenses figured him out. I believe it’s because he didn’t have key weapons during that stretch. He has better weapons this year than last year. 

I would say Jimmy G is a slightly better qb than th but not much. Both are average and better than Wentz. 

I don’t think he’s going to “blossom” as much as I believe he’s in a better situation this year than last. He’s probably hit his peak but that can be good enough to have a successful season if he has good players around him, which I believe he does. 

7 minutes ago, AZDave said:

I don’t expect Ron or the team to want to lose the rest of their games for a premium draft position.  I also don’t expect them to admit that the season is over.

That said, I find it odd that some of our fans lead themselves to believe the season isn’t over.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

6 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

The starter is injured and he's the backup. Is he the answer? Probably not, but he's the only answer we got right now. I think he deserves our support IMO.

People were pining for him before Wentz got hurt. 

No one said anything about not supporting him, whatever that means. If it means writing flowery messages on ES about him, well count me out. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

Pretty sure Heineke's drop off was a result of him contracting COVID (the brain fog is real) and the skill positions being decimated. I'm not in favor of him long-term, but I think he'll be able to process things better than what he did late last season. Fingers crossed that his arm actually is stronger this year.

If the team really really can't rally around Sam Howell because Heinicke is better, that's devastating for Howell's future. The players would rather have its receivers sent to the tents for concussion evaluations than to play Sam Howell.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Despite your recent attempts to equivocate on your formerly lofty impressions of th, you are the definition of a fanboy. Your user page demonstrated that from the get go and that's not against any rule here nor does it preclude you from being able to make solid points on football when your boy is not a central feature.

But I prefer you not to quote me and use my post as a vehicle for you to make a vapid fanboy reply, no matter how you try to "soften" it.🙂

I’m not “softening” anything. I’ve been very consistent in my opinion from get go, which is we shouldn’t have traded for Wentz and th is a better qb who we could’ve went with this year while continuing to build the roster. Then we could’ve made a splash for our franchise qb next year. Idk how anyone can say in hindsight that we were still better off trading for Wentz than just sticking with th this year. The normal response is “well we couldn’t go into this season  with th, we had to try something. It was the right move at the time.” Clearly it wasn’t the right move  at any time. If I were a th fanboy I’d be saying he’s our franchise qb and we’re gonna win the super bowl if we continue building around him. 

12 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

I guess the biggest argument I have is that I disagree that defenses figured him out. I believe it’s because he didn’t have key weapons during that stretch. He has better weapons this year than last year. 

I would say Jimmy G is a slightly better qb than th but not much. Both are average and better than Wentz. 

I don’t think he’s going to “blossom” as much as I believe he’s in a better situation this year than last. He’s probably hit his peak but that can be good enough to have a successful season if he has good players around him, which I believe he does. 

Defenses absolutely did seem to figure him out. They started crowding the box, sending extra guys to pressure, sitting on the short passes, and basically daring Heinicke to try and beat them with his arm. Which he can't. I think defenses now will apply the same strategy, though this year it will be even easier since our OL is horrible so they may not even need to send extra guys, which means they can also completely lock down the short and intermediate throws if they have decent LBs and DBs.

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

People were pining for him before Wentz got hurt. 

No one said anything about not supporting him, whatever that means. If it means writing flowery messages on ES about him, well count me out. 

Ikr?

"Oh Heinicke, oh Heinicke, where art thou Heinicke???"

😒 buncha Taylor Juliets...FOH...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

Edit bull**** quote

Just about everything in that last post of yours is demonstrably what I labeled it in my edit.

I'm gonna point this out one last time. You're such a fan of this team you didn't join the site until heinie was starting after years of his being a barely used backup on several other teams. You listed then you've been a fan of this team ONLY since that year and you listed your favorite player as th.

Now since I first pointed this out you've EDITED your user page to claim you were a fan since 97 and your fave player is suddenly Kirk cousins 

So you are not just a fanboy, you're a proven disingenuous lying numbnuts and essentially a form of troll. You may be banned at any time for all that and how stupid of you  thinking you could pass this kind of dumbass bull**** off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Defenses absolutely did seem to figure him out. They started crowding the box, sending extra guys to pressure, sitting on the short passes, and basically daring Heinicke to try and beat them with his arm. Which he can't. I think defenses now will apply the same strategy, though this year it will be even easier since our OL is horrible so they may not even need to send extra guys, which means they can also completely lock down the short and intermediate throws if they have decent LBs and DBs.

From what I saw, yes they were crowding the box and making th beat them through the air. To me it looked like our receivers couldn’t get open against man coverage bc they just weren’t very good. If we had a healthy Samuel, Thomas, Mckissick, and Dotson last year I don’t think defenses play us that way. The same thing is happening to Rodgers this year with no Devonte Adams. Time will tell though. If I’m wrong then I’ll say I’m wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't hate Heinicke, but I'm starting grow extremely ****ing tired of the fans that think he's some sort of an answer.  

The most popular QB in DC for the past 30 years has perpetually been the guy on the bench no matter who the guy on the bench was.  It's lazy, unoriginal, obnoxious and exhausting.  

Not many do anymore. Gone are days of poster like @SoCalSkins excoriating the team for not giving Hiney a 3 year $30M extension. I think what a lot of folks want is fun offensive football led by a very likeable guy. The team's upside with Hiney is the #7 playoff spot if teams in the other three divisions continue to suck but the likely outcome is something like 6-11 or 7-10.

The offense lacks rhythm, continuity, and identity… Taylor can provide these things within this system and supporting cast. He can scratch ceiling of average starter status if his run ability is on display. 

I look forward to seeing easy completions and 3rd conversions again. Anything beyond that, I don’t know. Like most QBs 12-30, he struggled in the red zone. 

15 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Just about everything in that last post of yours is demonstrably what I labeled it in my edit.

I'm gonna point this out one last time. You're such a fan of this team you didn't join the site until heinie was starting after years of his being a barely used backup on several other teams. You listed then you've been a fan of this team ONLY since that year and you listed your favorite player as th.

Now since I first pointed this out you've EDITED your user page to claim you were a fan since 97 and your fave player is suddenly Kirk cousins 

So you are not just a fanboy, you're a proven disingenuous lying numbnuts and essentially a form of troll. You may be banned at any time for all that and how stupid of you  thinking you could pass this kind of dumbass bull**** off.

That’s not at all true. When I created my account I said I’ve been a fan since 1997 and Kirk was my favorite player, which is the truth. I’ve followed this website for years but only read posts. Now you’re lying by saying that I listed TH as my favorite player. You suspended me for doing things that many others do, including you. Since my suspension lifted I’ve been respectful and just talking Washington football. I fully expect to be banned by you and it’s totally unfair. I’ve done nothing wrong. 

29 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

From what I saw, yes they were crowding the box and making th beat them through the air. To me it looked like our receivers couldn’t get open against man coverage bc they just weren’t very good. If we had a healthy Samuel, Thomas, Mckissick, and Dotson last year I don’t think defenses play us that way. The same thing is happening to Rodgers this year with no Devonte Adams. Time will tell though. If I’m wrong then I’ll say I’m wrong. 

I think there's a legitimate point about some of our receivers not being good against man coverage, but that doesn't change the fact that Heinicke also doesn't have the arm to get them the ball consistently, especially if there's a small window.

I disagree about whether they'd play us that way though. Defenses would have done the same thing IMO. They know Heinicke has a weak arm, so what do they lose by crowding the box, sitting on short stuff, and sending pressure? They know he can't make them pay with his arm, so maybe they'll allow a couple dink and dunk passes if it means they can shut him down for anything more.

8 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

That’s not at all true. When I created my account I said I’ve been a fan since 1997 and Kirk was my favorite player, which is the truth. I’ve followed this website for years but only read posts. Now you’re lying by saying that I listed TH as my favorite player. You suspended me for doing things that many others do, including you. Since my suspension lifted I’ve been respectful and just talking Washington football. I fully expect to be banned by you and it’s totally unfair. I’ve done nothing wrong. 

Dude, that's some wild doubling down and admin (TK) knows it too. I don't know what you thought that would get you and even were you telling the truth here, which you are certainly not, you have also falsely claimed things in this quoted post about mod actions that qualify for closing your acct. What a cluster**** of a manifestation. Maybe go see a professional. I'm retired.