Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

TH also played some god awful football once teams figured him out. We had a pretty good OL last season, and we have a horrible one this season, so that's going to be a huge step backwards.

It wasn't his rookie year. We need to stop that stuff.

Jimmy G (even though I think he's utterly mediocre) is a much better QB than Heinicke.

Heinicke is who he is. Below average starter with a weak arm, some good scrambling ability (which he didn't use much last season) and some familiarity with the system. The idea that he's suddenly going "blossom" or something is silly.

He went into the last 4 games of the season with McLaurin and Gibson being the only weapons on the team. Almost the entire team was decimated by Covid. And you're going to blame the totality of those losses on Heinicke? Damn unfair if you ask me. Especially considering the paltry amount he's being paid.

7 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

He went into the last 4 games of the season with McLaurin and Gibson being the only weapons on the team. Almost the entire team was decimated by Covid. And you're going to blame the totality of those losses on Heinicke? Damn unfair if you ask me. Especially considering the paltry amount he's being paid.

Did I say I blamed the entire losses on Heinicke? No. I said that he played poorly, which most people agree on.

You really should stop putting words in other peoples' mouths.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You're completely making **** up. Nobody on here has "gone out of their way wanting to see him fail."

Please stop lying, it's not a good look.

I'm sorry, but calling for a rookie over the established backup IS wanting to see him fail. And frankly, you're one of the worst of the lot!! You've been on this kids case since the beginning of last year.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Did I say I blamed the entire losses on Heinicke? No. I said that he played poorly, which most people agree on.

You really should stop putting words in other peoples' mouths.

Well then who else did you blame those losses on if not Heinicke. I read your posts. I know exactly what you're about. When the unfortunate time comes that the "backup" has to come in, most teams fans rally around him. Not this bunch though. 

5 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

Well then who else did you blame those losses on if not Heinicke. I read your posts. I know exactly what you're about. When the unfortunate time comes that the "backup" has to come in, most teams fans rally around him. Not this bunch though. 

So the guy coming in as a new poster, new Washington fan, and who's favorite player on the team is Heinicke...you know what I'm about?

As I said earlier, you're completely making **** up. Don't go around calling people out and pretending they said things they didn't or basically saying they're not true fans i you're not prepared to back that crap up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Blue said:

I'm sorry, but calling for a rookie over the established backup IS wanting to see him fail. And frankly, you're one of the worst of the lot!! You've been on this kids case since the beginning of last year.

That’s not at all what that means. Is delusion a prerequisite for the hive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Old Blue said:

Taylor, you’re starting on Sunday. Shouldn’t you be in bed by now?

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I am directing you to make your next post in this thread one that contains 3 (which is hardly "a lot") different posters' posts that do what you claim.

Your other alternatives are to retract your comment as written and properly modify your claim, or ignore this directive.

But the latter would be a rule 18 violation so I'd definitely avoid that option. If what you stated is true, it should be pretty easy. 🙂

I'll be damned. I did manage to teach an old dog a new trick. :) 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Old Blue said:

I've seen a lot of so called fans on this forum who have gone out of their way wanting to see him fail. And that's a damn shame. Here's a kid who leaves everything on the field every game he plays in. Does he have a huge arm like Wentz? Certainly not, but he does a lot of things well that I find valuable in a quarterback, and one of those things is leadership. teammates rally around Taylor Heinicke. I believe you're going to see that this coming Sunday.

I left everything I could as a fan on whatever the **** a fan can leave everything on and I was failed.

I bet I could leave everything I could on the field as a QB too. I'd still totally suck. Just like Taylor last year.

Our only great WR said he was gonna leave if we didn't sign Wentz. Terry only resigned because Heini wouldn't be QB. 

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

....but Heinicke would've done even better, and for cheaper! Heinicke Heinicke HEINICKE! You guys are gonna look so dumb when he comes out and roasts the Packers with his new upgraded arm strength. This time he'll even make sure it's a TD before Lambeau Leaping. He's super smart and elusive and crafty too. You can't sack the guy, and he's also immortal.

Check my forum profile, I've been a fan of this team since 1974 and my favorite player is Antwaan Randle-El. It's not like I'm biased for Heinie. This is purely objective analysis.

HEINICKEEEEEEE go brrrrrr!

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I left everything I could as a fan on whatever the **** a fan can leave everything on and I was failed.

I bet I could leave everything I could on the field as a QB too. I'd still totally suck. Just like Taylor last year.

Our only great WR said he was gonna leave if we didn't sign Wentz. Terry only resigned because Heini wouldn't be QB. 

I believe you, please provide an article I can bookmark in my phone...

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Hey, that's a winning record. So there's that.

maybe-ehhh (1).gif

• Like 1

Why is everyone arguing right now. Without checking every single post on this thread I'm pretty sure 99% of the posters agreed that Heiny would be a serviceable backup. He is coming in to be a backup for the next 4 weeks. It's not like he is going to get more than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball. Most likely will see Howell by the third game anyway. When he gets hurt we can put in Carson Strong....I assume we have a plan.

I successfully completed Heiny Rehab and have remained clean for over 6 months.......if he goes 4-0 I'm screwed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Why is everyone arguing right now. Without checking every single post on this thread I'm pretty sure 99% of the posters agreed that Heiny would be a serviceable backup. He is coming in to be a backup for the next 4 weeks. It's not like he is going to get more than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball. Most likely will see Howell by the third game anyway. When he gets hurt we can put in Carson Strong....I assume we have a plan.

I successfully completed Heiny Rehab and have remained clean for over 6 months.......if he goes 4-0 I'm screwed.

Carson Strong….you mean Wentz? Carson Strong isn’t on the roster. 

20 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The #1 sign of an awful team, aside from being owned by Dan Snyder, is the fanbase constantly clamoring for the backup QB.

That's usually in part due to the starting quarterbacks hand picked by Dan Snyder are generally terrible.