Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, BC-Redskins said:

If we are interested in Mitch then the bills have to have approved him for RR..

for me if it’s a 6th or 7th or a qb swap etc then fine with it as nothing to loose as the current QBs don’t have it….

That would also suggest Fitz is done !!! 

Fitz is probably done. Yes. That injury is a bad one, still recovering, and would need some time to get back to speed.

Trubisky is Heinicke with a better arm and a lot less of that "**** it I'm diving for the pylons you assholes" attitude that he had at first.

Heinicke would be a perfect backup for Trubisky as well. And if we draft a QB we then have three quarterbacks who can at least play in the league. Which is an upgrade.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

Just now, BC-Redskins said:

for me if it’s a 6th or 7th or a qb swap etc then fine with it as nothing to loose as the current QBs don’t have it….

I honestly don't care about the draft any more. We could trade 2 firsts for him and I would't really care. We don't do that well either. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I gather from this post you think Rivera is BSing about knowing the need for a QB and that its something they are scoping out hard but will instead draft a D lineman?  Or is this sarcasm?

If its sarcasm, OK.   But if you are serious, I'd put money they are are going hot and heavy for a QB regardless of the one D lineman they drafted high in the last 2 years.  

Tongue in cheek yeah mostly but that aside until we see him draft a QB its all our assumption that he will this time around.  Will we once again hear the price was too high for the guy he wanted? A smart GM will LOOT HIM when he calls next spring as he has backed himself into a bad place and everybody knows. Including that a Rodgers won't come here; RR will be and is desperate. Yes I am still stinging from the exact same scenario playing out under shanahan; refusing to draft a QB early on what may have set the team back a decade when Mike drafted 2 and used 6 picks to do so. Or was it 7. I remember, how many picks RG3 cost us is still up for debate haha.

If we weren't such an inept org maybe we could entice a proper vet here so for us its draft or bust. Its great to build the lines first but it leads to wins. RR showed his hand last year and admitted to it this year, he wants to lose to get a great draft slot but without sandbagging on D, it will lead to wins and killing his own plan. RR seems a hot mess; he just cancelled the bye week practice. A practice that points the finger at the players being the problem. Cancelling it points the finger back to himself.

Edited by RandyHolt

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

We're 2-6. The season is done barring a miracle, and Trubisky isn't a miracle worker. Why trade for another man's trash?

What options do we have? There is little in the draft that inspires any real confidence, least give them a low pick to see if there is anything to him. He looked damn good in CH ( I live there), and though it had a lot to do with the system that he didn't carry with him to the pros. We can get a better idea of whats left out there. I'm sure we can trade him back out for a low pick if he doesn't pan out.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep it will be a sequel to hey you wanted a defacto GM I gave the fans one in the mighty Bruce Allen and you fans still weren't happy.

And you fans are right, every good coach in a rebuild has no valleys in the process or even if they do fans just like me have no patience for it -- so i hear you and I am emotionally with you 100% of the way on this.  You'all want me to get rid of Ron, so I gave you what you wanted.    Wait until you see what I got next!

This isn't sarcasm but according to reports Dan does actually think in this style.  Heck his minions including his wife have said not that long ago Dan will be more involved in the team not less and things went awry as to the culture because he was too removed.

Any big change means the fans trust Dan to do the right thing whatever that is.  My prediction here that would mean finding his next Bruce-Vinny stooge to run FO in tandem with him and name that retread coach who can't find a job right now to be the next coach (no one in demand will want to come here).  Guys like Herm Edwards, Adam Gase, someone like that.  And Dan will feel empowered to make moves in the FO in a bigger way.

The other problem if he does it IMO is even though it will give some red meat satisfaction to some.  Plenty know the game and what it means.  So those 50,000 runs of fans likely ends up 35,000 or so when Gase or Edwards takes over with Dan's new stooge in the FO.    I think it hastens the death knell for this organization.  I think those who expect Dan to produce an "exciting" rabbit out of his hat as the next coach will likely be very disappointed. 

I don't think people are blaming him for the season.  He's doing the best he can.  He's not a franchise QB and the lack of one is the main reason wht this team hasn't won for years.  That's not on his shoulders.  I think he's a decent backup.  But they got to find that guy. 

I fully expect this to happen when Dan eventually fires Ron.  His new stooge will be a combination of Bruce and Vinny. Our next quick playoff appearance will be in 24/25.

I have already said Dan will never have a team that wins a Super Bowl and I also believe he will never win another playoff game.

This is what you can expect for the next 30 years. Enjoy.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I fully expect this to happen when Dan eventually fires Ron.  His new stooge will be a combination of Bruce and Vinny. Our next quick playoff appearance will be in 24/25.

I have already said Dan will never have a team that wins a Super Bowl and I also believe he will never win another playoff game.

This is what you can expect for the next 30 years. Enjoy.

Interesting. I think his new Vinny is Wright. We'll see

Trubisky seems to have briefly demonstrated in a system built around his skill set he could be successful.  Do we have the offensive manpower or desire to do that.  Tossing him into our offense will get the same result Nagy got in Chicago.  

2 hours ago, BC-Redskins said:

Agree, we're at the point where we don't really have much to lose. I'd personally rather give Mariota a chance over Trubisky but either would be fine. Definitely have potential for a band-aid as we rebuild the next 3-4 years. And at any time we have a better option at a qb either in draft or big trade we can still always do that. Low risk move.

7 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Trubisky seems to have briefly demonstrated in a system built around his skill set he could be successful.  Do we have the offensive manpower or desire to do that.  Tossing him into our offense will get the same result Nagy got in Chicago.  

Behind a decimated Oline and no offensive weapons....he will get hurt almost immediately.

But it would put the Heinicke issue behind us....maybe.

Edited by tmandoug1

Just now, GOATFrerotte said:

Agree, we're at the point where we don't really have much to lose. I'd personally rather give Mariota a chance over Trubisky but either would be fine. Definitely have potential for a band-aid as we rebuild the next 3-4 years. And at any time we have a better option at a qb either in draft or big trade we can still always do that. Low risk move.

I’d personally prefer Mariota but I think I’ve read that he has a no trade clause at the minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skintime said:

What options do we have? There is little in the draft that inspires any real confidence, least give them a low pick to see if there is anything to him. He looked damn good in CH ( I live there), and though it had a lot to do with the system that he didn't carry with him to the pros. We can get a better idea of whats left out there. I'm sure we can trade him back out for a low pick if he doesn't pan out.

"Damn good"? Are we talking about the same Mitchell Trubisky? He makes Heinicke's high throws look like Drew Brees in his prime.

• Haha 1

Finlay saying on the radio his sources to the team says the Trubisky rumor is false. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Interesting. I think his new Vinny is Wright. We'll see

Wright isn't a personnel guy.  If Dan wants to mess with the business side, its not great, but not as bad as personnel.  Vinny and Bruce were in personnel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay saying on the radio his sources to the team says the Trubisky rumor is false. 

Sounds right to me. Doesn't make sense to give up draft capital for a guy that probably wouldn't even be as good as Kyle Allen in Rivera's system.

• Like 1