Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Always something with this guy 

Give him the freedom to fail if he wants to, he'll do a physical with whoever drafts him anyway.

This man costs himself money that'll be a lesson to him, and either he hears it loud and clear or he don't need to be in this league.

I'm fine with folks limiting chances at injury or releasing what in most cases for the rest of us is health data and protected for a reason. If the Bears draft him anyway this will likely become normal fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Always something with this guy 

If we are in position to draft him and we do, Adam better find our Brock Purdy later in the draft; in case we need to go to him.  I’m sensing nothing but problems for whomever drafts him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Well, Caleb you are going have to get checked out by teams at some point, if you want to be drafted.

He can choose to let Washington and the Raiders examine him under an NDA. If another team wants to draft him they assume the risk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Usually mostly a lurker and haven’t posted in a while but felt I had to chime in on the Michael Penix discussion. 
If you think he can’t avoid pressure because he can’t run you haven’t paid attention or really watched him. There seems to be this misconception that the only way to avoid pressure is by scrambling. Actually go watch multiple games of Penix. he does a really good job feeling pressure and moving within the pocket to avoid sacks and create space for himself. And the analytics back this up as well Michael Penix was only sacked on 7% of every pressure he faced that is INSANE. Oh and this is also while having the lowest time to throw of any of the consensus top 6 QBs in the draft. 

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5973.jpeg

• Like 4

Sounds to me like Caleb is trying to force his destination by withholding medical info from teams he doesn't want to play for.

How does he expect that to work?  Say he witholds his medicals from Chicago but shares them with us, and then we show interest in drafting him.  Chicago is going to know his medicals are fine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Sounds to me like Caleb is trying to force his destination by withholding medical info from teams he doesn't want to play for.

How does he expect that to work?  Say he witholds his medicals from Chicago but shares them with us, and then we show interest in drafting him.  Chicago is going to know his medicals are fine.

Yeah this possibility struck me when I read that too. And to your second point, I'm not sure we would "show interest" in drafting him beyond the normal prospect review process, attending to day, etc. If Chicago has access to our draft board, that's a whole different problem!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The only downside to drafting Maye is gonna be all the crappy Drake songs theyre gonna blast everytime we drop 40 burgers on the Cowboys and Eagles in our brand new arena in 2029. 

If the team hasn't fixed the facility, they better not be dropping burgers on people.  Bad enough dropping lemonade.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Plus Barkley is gone now as well. If we lose to that mess next year I might literally throw my remote through my TV screen. They have nothing. 

That's nothing.  When the refs refused to give us the TO with 1 sec. on the clock so Moseley could nail a 55 yarder to beat Dallas at the end of 1979, people were hurling their TVs in disgust.  And that's when TVs cost a huge part of a guy's wage.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It says he plans to only share his medicals with certain teams. How does that work? What if a team is thinking of trading up to #1 or exploring that as an option? They won't have his medicals or he won't let them see them?

I doubt he goes anywhere but the Bears but still, its a bit odd. 

If he truly wants to come to DC and doesn’t want to be drafted by the Bears or any other team this is a great strategy. IMO it’s his way of doing business without looking like a **** like Eli did.

It puts pressure on the Bears to make a decision to draft him or not, limiting their option of using  him as trade leverage. Teams will be less likely to inquire about a trade up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Alright, I don't care about the nail or crying BS but this is extremely odd and seems unnecessary. Cut the nonsense out young man and consider getting a Psychiatrist that knows what they're doing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If we are in position to draft him and we do, Adam better find our Brock Purdy later in the draft; in case we need to go to him.  I’m sensing nothing but problems for whomever drafts him.

Purdy is trash, maybe we jus don't draft Williams versus hoping we find a QB in the later round when our 1st QB is supposed to be the answer.

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Caleb is basically tattooing "I'm going to be a massive pain in the ass for whoever drafts me" on his forehead.

Exactly, now I'm worried the bears will draft Maye. And we will be the dumb ass and draft Caleb 😭🤢.... To me if that's the case you trade out and draft JJ  

Why would people think this excludes the Bears?  It’s more likely he just doesn’t want his medical info out there to teams who have no shot at drafting him - such as his future division rivals. 

• Like 1

Listening to the PFF guys podcast. Sikkema and another guy.  It was about what they were hearing at the combine.  Some of it was...

A.  They echoed what Finlay, Tishler, Hoffman, Jeff Howe (Pats reporter) have said which is the talk there is Caleb is the clear #1.  Maye the clear #2.  Daniels the clear #3.  They were surprised a little (though those 2 like Maye better) that Daniels didn't have more momentum with personnel guys to go #2 referencing all the momentum he has with the draft media.

B.  They referenced talking to a bunch of people around teams and that Daniels only had 2 teams rated him ahead of Maye.  I gather from that comment they talked to a lot of people to say just 2.  And one of those 2 teams they hinted was the Raiders and the other was a team out of the top 10.

C.  They heard Washington is either picking 2 or trading up to 1, they aren't trading down.  They didn't rule out trading for Caleb and the Bears taking a Qb at #2, i am gathering Maye.  But they don't think the Bears will trade the pick but though Washington will likely give it a shot to trade up.

D.  Justin Fields will be traded.  And the trade market is dissappointing so far -- whatever that means

E.  They hear Bowers likely drops out of the top 10

F.  NE might trade down from 3

G.  Tampa likely secures their top FAs -- Evans and Mayfield

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5