Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What GM is going to tip their hand or say anything other than they like all the candidates?

You're reaching.  Theres nothing here. 

We have gotten reports in years past about QBs not doing well in interviews, Matt Corral for instance. I also feel like you wouldn't have an issue if there were reports that Maye was really impressing (and I am not saying he isn't) but pushing back on this seems silly. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Adding another discarded vet from another team at QB with no future while banking on our next top 10 player at a different spot would so the last 25 plus years. 

I'd rather swing and fail then shoot back to the old school familiar train of maybe every 4 years we can go 9-8 and sneak into the wildcard.

I'd rather go 4-13 and shoot back again in the draft, then be stuck back on the 7-10, 8-9, 9-8 hamster wheel 

giphy.gif

If we went 4/13 I would hope we did not trade up and lose our no.1 in 2025. That's the worst case for me trading up that's my last option. 

For me, very few hypotheticals or what ifs are of any value whatsoever, and when they do it's strictly for entertainment if the proposition is interesting enough. Actual hindsight, or learning from experience are different things.

But just to play along with tnc, I think in many situations a rookie sitting behind the right kind of starter gains some advantages. Seems like kind of a no brainer that such would be so. The problem in making that a more standard occurrence is all the justifying and enabling  factors  you'd have to have in place for it to be the smart thing to do.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

56 minutes ago, illone said:

Are you suggesting top 5 athlete entire NFL, or just among the QBs?

Among QBs

Jackson, Fields, Richardson,  Hurts better. Allen coin flip. 

Again only talking sheer athleticism/physicality.

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

We have gotten reports in years past about QBs not doing well in interviews, Matt Corral for instance. I also feel like you wouldn't have an issue if there were reports that Maye was really impressing (and I am not saying he isn't) but pushing back on this seems silly. 

I don’t have a QB preference at all.  I don’t care, I haven’t watched one minute of any of the three QBs.  The only college game I watched was the Michigan vs OSU game because my cousin was in town and they live in Ann Arbor and are huge fans. I have a small sample size on McCarthy, and no other thoughts.  

I literally couldn’t care less if I wanted to about who they pick.  I also think there’s a 60% chance whoever they pick will fail and they’re going to have to try again.

I do think, however, the fans of Daniels who have been pushing him as an agenda are becoming as nauseatingly annoying as the ridiculous Cult of Colt dingdkngs and the Heinicke Hive bozos.  The constant defensiveness is unrelenting.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t have a QB preference at all.  I don’t care, I haven’t watched one minute of any of the three QBs.  The only college game I watched was the Michigan vs OSU game because my cousin was in town and they live in Ann Arbor and are huge fans. I have a small sample size on McCarthy, and no other thoughts.  

I literally couldn’t care less if I wanted to about who they pick.  I also think there’s a 60% chance whoever they pick will fail and they’re going to have to try again.

I do think, however, the fans of Daniels who have been pushing him as an agenda are becoming as nauseatingly annoying as the ridiculous Cult of Colt dingdkngs and the Heinicke Hive bozos.  The constant defensiveness is unrelenting.

There were various posts yesterday about JP Finlay and Craig Hoffman saying they think Drake Maye is the pick. Nobody had an issue. There was a whole article posted by some PFF guy saying Daniels was a 2nd rounder. Nobody had an issue. Yet there's an issue with Peter Schrager, who actually gets info, saying Daniels did well in interviews and a Boston reporter saying they heard the same? 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Among QBs

Kyler, Mahomes, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young and perhaps even Zach Wilson are pretty athletic dudes at the QB position... I'd even add Howell to the list after some of his pinball machine scampers this past season.

But, I'm gonna let you win this one for now because I want to revisit this when we actually see Drakey play in the league first before I rank the guy or even try to compare him to other NFL qbs in the "athlete" department.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

There were various posts yesterday about JP Finlay and Craig Hoffman saying they think Drake Maye is the pick. Nobody had an issue. There was a whole article posted by some PFF guy saying Daniels was a 2nd rounder. Nobody had an issue. Yet there's an issue with Peter Schrager, who actually gets info, saying Daniels did well in interviews and a Boston reporter saying they heard the same? 

On this board since 2006 I have been.

My own counsel of annoying groups of fans I will keep.  

image.gif.e9b1229f3e013d1f5b541564943948c3.gif

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’re not that bad!!! 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The problem in making that a more standard occurrence is all the justifying and enabling  factors  you'd have to have in place for it

Agree, And we dont really have it. Whichever rookie comes here cant sit behind Howell and watch. That helps neither the rookie or Howell.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Shifting the subject, NFL Network is still talking about us trading up or down and presented these possibilities 

20240229_195722.thumb.jpg.b914637e61036a2564f0627a8d0ed988.jpg

I watched it.  It's purely hypothetical stuff.  

38 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I eco all of that.   Except, I'd bet higher on the success of the pick.  I'd go 60% chance of success.  

I got my preferences but I am not married to one of these QBs and have zero angst about any of these three.  Heck any of the top 4.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

57 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Thing is the agenda seems to be pushed that Daniels is killing the interviews for some reason and the rest are not being mentioned. You need to look under the hype and realize this is all a media shell game. Things that are released are released for a reason. We dont know that reason yet. Could be Daniels is better than the rest. Or it could be certain teams want other teams to THINK he is. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Among QBs

This is wild :lol: I like Maye a lot but he isn’t even the most athletic QB in his draft class. Caleb is. 

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

This is wild :lol: I like Maye a lot but he isn’t even the most athletic QB in his draft class. Caleb is. 

Maye will likely run a similar if not faster 40 while being bigger, stronger, and a year younger. 

12 minutes ago, illone said:

when we actually see Drakey play

NO NO NO NO, what are you doing??!! I've got big plans, huge plans, for a cool nickname like "The Drake" with like a dragon (not a duck!) wrapping around the Commanders "W" or like "Sir Francis Drake The Maye" with a skull and crossbones (yes, artistic license with the whole privateer thing) floating behind the W.   But you've got me thinking about the kid from the Life cereal commercial, and - Oh God. Now you've got me doing it. Some Commanders OL is going to see this and torture the rookie in camp with weird food combinations - "Give it to Drakey, he'll eat anything." He's doomed. DOOMED.

I hate myself.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

NO NO NO NO, what are you doing??!! I've got big plans, huge plans, for a cool nickname like "The Drake" with like a dragon (not a duck!) wrapping around the Commanders "W" or like "Sir Francis Drake The Maye" with a skull and crossbones (yes, artistic license with the whole privateer thing) floating behind the W.   But you've got me thinking about the kid from the Life cereal commercial, and - Oh God. Now you've got me doing it. Some Commanders OL is going to see this and torture the rookie in camp with weird food combinations - "Give it to Drakey, he'll eat anything." He's doomed. DOOMED.

I hate myself.

The only downside to drafting Maye is gonna be all the crappy Drake songs theyre gonna blast everytime we drop 40 burgers on the Cowboys and Eagles in our brand new arena in 2029. 

Edited by Warhead36
  • Haha 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

The only downside to drafting Maye is gonna be all the crappy Drake songs theyre gonna everytime we drop 40 burgers on the Cowboys and Eagles in our brand new arena in 2029. 

As long as I have my emotional support guinea pig, I think I can cope...

• Haha 3

@ThatNFLChick

I'm a big Peter Schrager fan. I'm a big gmfb fan, but they will talk about anything and discuss every speculation under the sun.

Every turf has its nature. ES too. Much of it here is chosen and deliberately maintained. 

You can do just fine here if you don't  self-immolate. 😉 Just follow the rules like you have been, and don't take differing views  personally, or take yourself too seriously. 

People can get on crusades. Often for a QB. The become quite persistent and repetitive. Such posting may get equivalently persistent blowback.

It's not a mob organization though where there's one right side and one wrong side of almost any argument. I can tell you're not some ES mob target. Our mobhood is rarely that unified. 😛

For instance, ES is not unified behind Maye at all, as you can tell if you're reading carefully. Try posting a poll sometime if you're really curious about that matter.

This is like a wildlife preserve for those longtime grizzled veterans of football message boards who also think Cynthia Frelund represents the future of humanity. 😄

You already make a lot of good posts. Just give it and yourself time and you may become one of the lost souls here.:cheers:

• Like 5

This is similar to what Hoffman, Tischler and Finlay have also said they've heard being at the combine.   That's the Athletic reporter who covers the Pats.

But now i want to hear FA scuttlebutt.  Been zero about this team so far.  Usually the combine is when the FA talk happens and rumors begin...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this is similar to what Hoffman, Tischler and Finlay have also said they've heard being at the combine. 

I can see a scenario where the Bears trade Fields and their #9 to NE for #3 overall and then they take MHJ. NE then either takes the best WR they can get or they trade back for more picks with someone like LV or Denver and they pick up more picks. Bears come out of the draft with Caleb Williams and MHJ to pair with DJ Moore. Seems like a great deal for both teams if you believe Fields can be a solid NFL QB.

As to reason #500 as to the power of a rookie QB contract

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I can see a scenario where the Bears trade Fields and their #9 to NE for #3 overall and then they take MHJ. NE then either takes the best WR they can get or they trade back for more picks with someone like LV or Denver and they pick up more picks. Bears come out of the draft with Caleb Williams and MHJ to pair with DJ Moore. Seems like a great deal for both teams if you believe Fields can be a solid NFL QB.

That Pats reporter isn't the only one who has said the Pats are likely staying at #3 and taking a QB.

I know that gets in the way of the national media's entertainment.  Boring if the top 3 picks stay pat.  But i think the boring thing will happen albeit the national media will come up with various amusing scenarios for teams to trade down, up etc for the next two months.

Its draft season.  They need topics to discusss. 

But will see.  If I were the Pats I'd stay pat. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1