Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

59 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I agree, Caleb is the clear #1, and then McCarthy and Daniels are really close, like a 2a, 2b situation. Then Maye is last by quite a bit.

I'll give you one thing. When you have your mancrush you go HARD. First it was Daniels, now it's McCarthy. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As to reason #500 as to the power of a rookie QB contract

That Pats reporter isn't the only one who has said the Pats are likely staying at #3 and taking a QB.

I know that gets in the way of the national media's entertainment.  Boring if the top 3 picks stay pat.  But i think the boring thing will happen albeit the national media will come up with various amusing scenarios for teams to trade down, up etc for the next two months.

Its draft season.  They need topics to discusss. 

But will see.  If I were the Pats I'd stay pat. 

Pats cannot trade out of 3.  It would be malpractice to do so.  Zona trading down is interesting.  Who trades up??  O could see NYG doing it for MHJ.  Zona decides the take best WR left at 6 assuming they have all three rated evenly

4 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

If he truly wants to come to DC and doesn’t want to be drafted by the Bears or any other team this is a great strategy. IMO it’s his way of doing business without looking like a **** like Eli did.

It puts pressure on the Bears to make a decision to draft him or not, limiting their option of using  him as trade leverage. Teams will be less likely to inquire about a trade up.

What if he’s available at #2 and we don’t draft him? Then what’s he gonna do?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to the PFF guys podcast. Sikkema and another guy.  It was about what they were hearing at the combine.  Some of it was...

A.  They echoed what Finlay, Tishler, Hoffman, Jeff Howe (Pats reporter) have said which is the talk there is Caleb is the clear #1.  Maye the clear #2.  Daniels the clear #3.  They were surprised a little (though those 2 like Maye better) that Daniels didn't have more momentum with personnel guys to go #2 referencing all the momentum he has with the draft media.

B.  They referenced talking to a bunch of people around teams and that Daniels only had 2 teams rated him ahead of Maye.  I gather from that comment they talked to a lot of people to say just 2.  And one of those 2 teams they hinted was the Raiders and the other was a team out of the top 10.

C.  They heard Washington is either picking 2 or trading up to 1, they aren't trading down.  They didn't rule out trading for Caleb and the Bears taking a Qb at #2, i am gathering Maye.  But they don't think the Bears will trade the pick but though Washington will likely give it a shot to trade up.

D.  Justin Fields will be traded.  And the trade market is dissappointing so far -- whatever that means

E.  They hear Bowers likely drops out of the top 10

F.  NE might trade down from 3

G.  Tampa likely secures their top FAs -- Evans and Mayfield

Of course the trade market is disappointing because he sucks.

No one is going to want to trade for a mediocre qb, you have to pay big dollars in a year.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Notice how none of the kids mention Harris at all? Yeah, that whole story yesterday was so incredibly overblown. 

It was. But we’ve been burned before by owner meddling. Badly. So an overreaction on our part is to be expected. I thought Harris did a good job of diffusing things by putting it out there that he was only there to observe. 

I'm still trying to figure out Caleb's specific game plan here. He said he's giving medicals to teams he's meeting with. Which includes the Bears. So it's not like he's trying to use that and refusing to give it to them in order to force them to trade the pick. Is it just an attention thing? Is it flexing for no discernible reason? Is it just a control/power play? Is he just a douche?

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I'm still trying to figure out Caleb's specific game plan here. He said he's giving medicals to teams he's meeting with. Which includes the Bears. So it's not like he's trying to use that and refusing to give it to them in order to force them to trade the pick. Is it just an attention thing? Is it flexing for no discernible reason? Is it just a control/power play? Is he just a douche?

He knows that he is going to be a Bear, why go through it 31 other times. It's an annoying waste of time.

Caleb is coming off as a diva/douche. Not humble at all. I hope to God we don’t end up drafting him (even if he is the best talent).

Edited by Kalu44
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm liking JJ more and more something just about him. He has that it factor. Definitely my #2 after Maye. Caleb seems like he thinks his sh*t don't stink. Something about him I don't want nothing to do with. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Caleb is coming off as a diva/douche. Not humble at all. I hope to God we don’t end up drafting him (even if he is the best talent).

A lot of great athletes are not humble; just saying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

A lot of great athletes are not humble; just saying. 

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. Caleb is coming off as the former. And most successful NFL QBs don't act like entitled douches. Mahomes (who some are comparing Caleb to) is the best QB in the NFL and by most accounts he's humble, down to earth, and hard working. Definitely not a diva.

It's not the end-all-be-all, but man...there's some smoke here with Caleb.

• Like 6